COMPONENTS OF AN OBITUARY
- Name of deceased and paragraph containing information that they passed away - always include day, month and year of death.
- Survivor paragraph.
- Predeceased paragraph.
- Information about deceased's life.
- Funeral service information.
- Thank you to specific people/organizations.
- "In lieu of" paragraph if flowers are declined.
- Funeral home information (usually included only if notice is placed by funeral home).
When placing a short obituary notice, include only paragraphs 1, 2, 5 and 7.