AA larger | smaller
DON CROSBIE (Don's Towing) November 6, 1943 - January 20, 2012 It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Don at the age of 68 years at the St. Boniface Hospital on January 20, 2012. Don was predeceased by his daughter, Lori. He leaves behind to mourn his loss, his wife of 47 years Kathleen, daughter Valerie, son Jeff (Jayme), eight grandchildren and many friends and family. Don will always be remembered for his love and pride in his family, his cars, and his tow trucks. We will love you and miss you always. In keeping with Don's wishes cremation has taken place and a memorial service celebrating his life will be held on Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. in Holy Cross Parish, 252 Dubuc Street. Rest in Peace Don. The Coutu Family in care of arrangements: E.J. COUTU CO. FUNERAL DIRECTORS 680 Archibald Street 253-5086 ejcoutu.com
Publish Date: Jan 24, 2012
DON CROSBIE It is with great sadness the family announces the passing of Don Crosbie, on Friday, January 20, 2012 at the St. Boniface Hospital at the age of 68 years. In keeping with Don's wishes, cremation has taken place and a memorial service celebrating his life will be held on Thursday, January 26 at 1:00 p.m. in the Holy Cross Church, 252 Dubuc Street. A longer obituary will follow. The Coutu family in care of arrangements: E.J. COUTU CO. FUNERAL DIRECTORS 680 Archibald Street 253-5086
Publish Date: Jan 21, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on January 24, 2012
Guest Book(26 entries)
- Seen the old Monarch and had to stop and wait. Shocked to hear he's gone Kathy. Was looking forward to parking beside him at some car shows since I got a old ride. My condolences Kathy and Family. I'm sure Don's got the best spot at the big show !
- Posted by: Jeff Crothers (old neighbor) on: Jun 15, 2012
- Our condolences to family. Will miss your chat when delivering vechiles. Horn honk & friendy wave as you drove past our shop.
- Posted by: Craig Lawrence / Lawrence Auto (Friend) on: Jan 26, 2012
- Sorry to hear we lost Don. I met Kathy, Don and the girls at a rod run in the late 70's at Lake Adam in the Turtle Mountains. Quiet man... nice guy.
- Posted by: rob rose (friend) on: Jan 26, 2012
- RIP Don, our condolences to Cathy and family, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Posted by: Ray Leckay/Unicity Auto Parts (Friend) on: Jan 26, 2012
- Sorry to see you go. My condolences to your Loved Ones. RIP. Your friend Garey Hildebrand(towing)
- Posted by: Garey Hildebrand (Friend) on: Jan 26, 2012
- All the stories will be missed, Don always had 1 speed, FULL... My condolences to Kathy and family...May he rest in peace
- Posted by: Jeff Martin (Friend ) on: Jan 26, 2012
- Don's smiling face was there at any time of day, no matter how cold the weather when my family had car troubles. We are sorry for the loss of your long time partner. The Probody gang sends their condolences and offer any help if needed by Cathy and family, just as Don would do for us.
- Posted by: dave provinciano (friend) on: Jan 26, 2012
- He was my neighbor, I spent a lot of time in the garage with a few refreshing beverages and shared stories. Seen him soon before he passed and shed tears when I think of him I didn't know him for long but he had a huge impact on my life. Love you forever Don, Rest in Peace Don
- Posted by: derek gobeil (nieghbor) on: Jan 25, 2012
- It was great to know my friend. Rest in Peace
- Posted by: Bill Hall (Friend) on: Jan 25, 2012
- Many times we called and asked if you could move this parts car here or there most of them with no wheels, etc. You never let us down. You always had a smile and a story to share. You will be missed.
- Posted by: Carol and Russ Erskine on: Jan 25, 2012
- Dear Kathy and family I too will miss him dearly.
- Posted by: burt barkman (a true friend and co-worker) on: Jan 25, 2012
- You will be missed on the car circuit. You were a welcome fixture and we are glad we got to meet you and your family. We also enjoyed watching Don's Towing at the race track. Happy cruizing!
- Posted by: Avril and Gary Kousof (friend) on: Jan 25, 2012
- Very sorry to hear about your loss to Cathy and family. I enjoyed going to car shows with Don and the boys, also gonna miss those get togethers in the garage about cars and towing adventures I will never forget.
- Posted by: dave normand (friend) on: Jan 24, 2012
- Rest in peace Don, as a great person and true genuine friend it will not take you long to make more where you are now.
Carl and Heather Holly
- Posted by: Carl Holly (Friend) on: Jan 24, 2012
- We have lost one of the best, You will be missed by many at all the Car Shows. My thoughts are with you Kathy. Very sorry to hear of your loss.
- Posted by: Russ Simpson (Friend) on: Jan 24, 2012
- RIP Don, glad to have met you and your family a few years ago, we had so many good times sitting in the back yard and going to car shows together, so sorry for your loss Cathy and family, will be thinking of you, Bea
- Posted by: Beatrice Aymont (friend) on: Jan 24, 2012
- Sad to hear of Don's passing, a very good person, always had time to chat and look at my projects when he was out to my place dropping off vehicles and sad to say he was at my place the same day. Thoughts and prayers are with you Cathy and family.
- Posted by: Harry Reimer (Friend) on: Jan 24, 2012
- It was with shock and sadness that we heard of Don's passing. He truly stepped up to the plate when others were in need. One could not have asked for a better friend and will be missed by all.
Cathy our thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family.
- Posted by: Rick and Maryanne Seed (aka -jungle juice, desert flower) (friend) on: Jan 24, 2012
- Sorry for your loss, Don had a huge heart and would do his best to help anyone out of a bind. He will be missed by many. He is now with another long time friend and hope they can stay out of trouble where ever they are. RIP Donny!
- Posted by: Garry Rosenthal (Friend) on: Jan 24, 2012
- Don, There are three sad hearts in our home today as we think about your easy smile and the way you laughed with my son's and I. Cruze easy my friend.
- Posted by: Tazz Norris (Friend) on: Jan 23, 2012
- RIP Don. You were a great guy with a big heart. You'll be truly missed. Cathy, we are sorry for your loss.
- Posted by: Mirek and Monika Ksiazkiewicz on: Jan 23, 2012
- The world has lost an all-around good guy, mechanic, tow truck driver and classic cruiser of the highest order. Over 35 years of friendship, not soon forgotten. My thoughts are with you Cathy, Valerie and Jeff, especially during this difficult time.
- Posted by: John Hallonquist (friend) on: Jan 23, 2012
- Don will long be remembered as one of the gentle souls. His kindness knew no bounds. There is a large group of us that had many great times with Don and Kathy. The memories are many and my heart goes out to Kathy, Jeff and Valerie. Our family is so sorry for your loss.
- Posted by: Andrea Hall (friend) on: Jan 23, 2012
- The operator has gone 10-7 and will be missed by all who new him.
Rest easy old friend.
- Posted by: jack mac donald ( aka. the garbage man) (friend) on: Jan 23, 2012
- I have always had Don in my thoughts as I have known him since 1967, he was my best man at my wedding . Over the years we had lost touch but we never forgot the fun we had with Don and Cathy. We are truly sad to hear of his passing and are thinking of his family.Dave and Debbie McPhee
- Posted by: dave and debbie mcphee (friend) on: Jan 23, 2012
- Happy cruzin' in the big show.
- Posted by: wally fehr (friend) on: Jan 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.