AA larger | smaller
STANLEY JAMES (STAN) ANDRUSKI Stanley James Stan Andruski, beloved husband of Gilberte Gil and loving father of Jamie, Jacquie and Cher, passed away peacefully at the Brandon Regional Health Centre on Sunday, March 4, 2012 at the age of 79 years. Prayers will be held at the Brockie Donovan Chapel, 332-8th Street, Brandon, on Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Augustine's Roman Catholic Church, 327-4th Street, Brandon, on Friday, March 9, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. with Fr. James Ahaneku as Celebrant. Interment will follow at the Brandon Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations in memory of Stan may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society, 415 - 1st Street, Brandon, MB R7A 2W8 or to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Manitoba, #3-824 - 18th Street, Brandon, MB R7A 5B7. Complete obituary information to follow. Messages of condolence may be placed at www.brockiedonovan.com Arrangements are in care of Brockie Donovan Funeral Home, Brandon, (204) 727-0694.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on March 06, 2012
Guest Book(6 entries)
- Dear Gil & Family:
On behalf of the Association of Manitoba Land Surveyors and its members, I would like to extend our most sincere sympathy and condolences.
Although I didn't get to meet Stan until very recently, it was apparent how devoted he was to his profession and proud to be a Manitoba Land Surveyor. I will miss his calls and chats about the old days.
Sincerely, Kelly Tole
- Posted by: Kelly Tole, Association of Manitoba Land Surveyors (Associate) on: Mar 10, 2012
- Gil and Family,
Arlene and I, and all of the Land Surveyors at Pollock and Wright, were saddened to learn of Stan's passing. We offer our most sincere condolences to you and your family. Most of us have known Stan for over thirty years since his time at Highways. He was known as a dedicated Land Surveyor truly devoted to the profession. He was also an interesting character with his many amusing stories relating to his love of the outdoors and hunting. We are sorry for your loss.
Unfortunately, we are unable to attend Friday, but our thoughts are with you.
Les, Arlene, Al, Rita and the rest of the Land Surveyors here.
- Posted by: Les McLaughlin (Friend) on: Mar 8, 2012
- Dear Gil, Jacquie, Jamie, Cher and family:
Our family was sad to hear of Stan's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Your home was always a warm and welcoming place for all to visit. I enjoyed my many conversations with Stan over the years. His special kindness will be fondly remembered and missed.
- Posted by: Dana MacDonald-Farquhar (Friend) on: Mar 7, 2012
- Dear Gilberte, I'm thinking of you and Stan from many yers ago at your wedding. It was such a happy occasion and your love for one another just radiated. May you be surrounded by love and support as you celebrate Stan's life.
- Posted by: Linda Brown (friend and nursing buddy) on: Mar 7, 2012
- Dear Gil, Jamie, Jacquie and Cher,
We are so very sorry for your loss and want you to know that we are thinking of you at this very sad and difficult time. Stan was such a great neighbour to Vic and Mae, especially when it came to that well in the back yard. Dad always knew who to call when he was having difficulty getting water! I remember him saying," I'll just go over and talk to Stan about this, he'll know what to do." And sure enough, the next time we looked out, there was Stan in the back yard walking around the well with Dad, giving advice as to how to get it up and running. I will carry that wonderful memory in a special place in my heart. Thank you for being such caring and thoughtful neighbours.
- Posted by: Laurie, Kevin and Hailey Hooke (friends) on: Mar 6, 2012
- We were very saddened to hear of Stan's passing away. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Gilberte & family. We carry in our hearts wonderful memories of him. His sufferings and pain are over and is in Peace! God Bless his Soul! Gilberte stay strong and we pray that God gives you strength and courage in your time of sorrow. We shall be at the funeral on Friday! With love, Monique & Lucien
- Posted by: Monique & Lucien Gobeil (friends) on: Mar 6, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.