AA larger | smaller
JOHN SHWALUK It is with great sadness that the family of John Shwaluk, age 57 years of Winnipeg, passed away at the Health Sciences Centre, Winnipeg, on Wednesday, April 4, 2012. John was predeceased by his mother Lena in 1986. Left to mourn his passing are his father and stepmother Matt and Anne Shwaluk of Brandon, his sister Diane (Bill) Salyn of Brandon, nephews, great-nephews and great-nieces Terry (Deb), Jackson and Matthew of Carberry, Jeff (Nadine) and Piper of Saskatoon, Brad (Joleen) and Falena of Winnipeg and good friends Dyan and Julie Wegner of Winnipeg, MB. The family would like to thank the gentleman who stopped to help and to the paramedics for their efforts. Divine Liturgy will be celebrated at St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church, 927 Assiniboine Avenue, Brandon, MB on Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. with Reverend Father Michael Tkachuk, celebrant. Cantor will be Stella Fedeniuk. Interment will follow at the Brandon Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, if friends so desire, the family would appreciate mass offerings or a donation to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Manitoba, #3, 824 - 18th Street, Brandon, MB R7A 5B7. Expressions of sympathy may be made at www.memorieschapel.com. Arrangements are with Memories Chapel Pre-Planning Centre, Brandon, Manitoba 1-888-694-8153.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on April 10, 2012
Guest Book(4 entries)
- I send my sincere condolences for the passing of Johnny. I remember him so fondly and will miss him dearly. I wish I could attend the funeral tomorrow, however I live in Texas now. Uncle Matt, may your memories of him bring you comfort and may the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.
Much Love, God Bless, Nikki (Chuchmach)
- Posted by: Nicole Voth ( Chuchmach) (Cousin) on: Apr 11, 2012
- I am so sorry to hear of John's passing. He was a wonderful neighbour for many years.
- Posted by: Mary Lawrence (Neighbour) on: Apr 10, 2012
- My memories of Johnny will always be remembered in my heart. We shared so many great times together that I will cherish forever. I have a love for Johnny that no one will ever take away from me. He was not only a cousin, but a true and sincere friend. I could tell him anything, as he did with me. Years ago, I inherited a black cat from Johnny. He desperately wanted me to give her a home!!! I became very fond of the cat for five years. Her name was M.J. Johnny was so happy we chose to give her a home. She lived like a princess. I was so looking forward to a visit from Johnny here in the Niagara region. He hoped to one day get out here to see us. I'm sure he will go any place he wants now. Perhaps he is here now, sailing on the wings of an angel with auntie Lena, over looking the beautiful sight of the spectacular Niagara Falls. RIP sweetie...I will miss you so much. Love MERTSKI
- Posted by: Darlene Zurbyk "Mert" (first cousin) on: Apr 10, 2012
- My condolences to the Shwaluk family on the sudden passing of John. John was well respected for his kindness & help by the people of the Eastern Star Chalet of which I am one. May he rest in peace.
- Posted by: George Davis (Acquaintance) on: Apr 10, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.