AA larger | smaller
ROBERT JOUBERT Robert, 22, of Richer, Manitoba was tragically taken from his family on the morning of June 8, 2012 while travelling to work. He succumbed to injuries arising as a result of a motor vehicle accident caused by a suspected impaired driver. He was born in Winnipeg on August 1, 1989, the son of Daniel and Christine (Ironstand) Joubert, and older brother of Richard and Réjeanne. He attended Richer School and Ste. Anne Collegiate, and at the time of his passing, he was employed with Mulder Construction where he enjoyed working as a mill operator. Robert was an avid hockey fan who had played left wing with the La Broquerie Habs for many years. His backyard was the forest, and he had a profound love and respect for nature. He enjoyed hunting and fishing, and simply spending quality time with the people who were special to him. Robert had an infectious smile, and the twinkle in his eyes always gave him away when he was about to play a prank or tease his brother and sister. He was a gentle soul and to his family and close friends he was known as bear . His hugs were frequent and warm; his love was unconditional. Robert is also survived by his maternal grandmother Myriam (Wenden) Ironstand, and paternal grandparents, Léon and Gertrude (Tétrault) Joubert. He also leaves his uncles and aunts, Gilles (Elaine) Joubert, Claudette Joubert, Marc Joubert and Guy (Denise) Joubert; godfather Stephen Joubert; godmother Sandra Johnson; as well as numerous relatives and friends. Funeral services will be held on Friday, June 15, 2012 at St. Joachim Roman Catholic Church, 107, rue Principale, La Broquerie, Manitoba with Prayers at 6:30 p.m. and Funeral Mass at 7:00 p.m. Funeral arrangements are being handled by Birchwood Funeral Chapel of Steinbach, Manitoba. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to MADD Canada in memory of Robert Joubert.
Publish Date: Jun 13, 2012
ROBERT JOUBERT Daniel and Christine Joubert are deeply saddened to announce the tragic passing, on June 8, 2012, of their beloved son Robert, brother of Richard and Réjeanne. Funeral services will be held on Friday, June 15, 2012 at St. Joachim Roman Catholic Church, 107, rue Principale, La Broquerie, Manitoba with Prayers at 6:30 p.m. and Funeral Mass at 7:00 p.m. Full obituary will follow. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Madd Canada in memory of Robert Joubert.
Publish Date: Jun 13, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 13, 2012
Guest Book(32 entries)
- God Bless Us All
You all are in our prayers.
We Love You as Big as the Sky.
Aunty Margo and Uncle Bernie
I found this article on Dr. Buscaglia's website. It gives good advice for dealing with the death of a loved one, by remembering "They are not lost."
Loving Through Death
by Leo Buscaglia, Ph.D.
I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.
Though some day we all have to part with those we love, they are not lost. We are always better for having loved. In this way, love transcends even death.
- Posted by: Aunty Margo and Uncle Bernie on: Jun 18, 2012
- Condolences to all the members of the Joubert/Ironstand family and friends on the loss of such a wonderful young man. May the memories of times spent with him ease your hearts. We did not know him because of lives lived far away; however, as cousins and parents we grieve with you.
Love and blessings to you all, Denise, Bill & family
- Posted by: Denise Code (cousin) on: Jun 17, 2012
- I am really sorry about your lost.
My thoughts are with you
Take care of yourself
- Posted by: Louise (Christine's co-worker) on: Jun 15, 2012
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Such a tragic loss, such devastation caused by one person's selfish act and stupidity. We pray you have the strength to endure this horrible pain, and that the memories you have of your wonderful young man will sustain you as you try to get on with your lives. Too young, too soon, but you will meet again one day.
- Posted by: The Coulter Family, Marquette, Manitoba on: Jun 15, 2012
- Our sincere condolences to everyone in Robert's family. Robert had a gentleness and kindness that has been unmatched by many. We hold you in our prayers and pray for some form of comfort for you all.
- Posted by: Cam and Terri Tauffenbach on: Jun 15, 2012
- To my very loving cousins, we are very sorry to hear about this tragic accident. There are no words to describe the pain with such a loss of life. Our hearts are full of sadness and we wish to send all of our hugs and love to the Joubert family. God bless!
- Posted by: Roger, Crystal, Sophia, Bennett, Alexis Wenden (Cousins) on: Jun 15, 2012
- We are so sorry and saddened to hear of your loss. There are no words to describe what you must all be going through.
May Heavenly Father comfort all of you.
Your in our hearts and prayers.
- Posted by: Sherry & Dwayne Audet (Friends) on: Jun 15, 2012
- What a terrible tragedy...what a senseless death!! Our hearts are breaking for you Chris, Dan, Rick, Rejeanne. Sincere sympathies also to the grandparents - Mr.& Mrs. Joubert, my sister Myriam & families. Robert is now our precious "curly-haired" angel in heaven. Rest in peace handsome boy! We Love You! God Bless You All! Lots of Love and Prayers!
- Posted by: Gary and Marie-Reine (Wenden) Jonson (Uncle and Auntie) on: Jun 14, 2012
- We will so miss your beautiful smile and laughter Rob. Bonfires will no longer be the same without you there. You will always be remembered and loved so much for your heart of gold! Rest in peace handsome, sweet Robert. Our love and prayers are extended to the Joubert family, Auntie Myri, Chris, Dan, Rick, and Rej. God Bless!!!! Robert, we love you so much from your loving cousins Anders and Logan. R.I.P.
- Posted by: Leanne Helgason, Anders and Logan (Cousins) on: Jun 14, 2012
- My sincere sympathy to Robert's family. At school you could always count on Robert for a great smile. He was a very gentle person whose death is a terrible shock and loss. I'm sure his memory will live on through his friends and family. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this terrible time of grief.
- Posted by: Elaine Lochhead (principal) on: Jun 14, 2012
- Our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your child. Such a tragedy for the Joubert Family and friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. The Cahill family
- Posted by: Lil Gamby (neighbors from St. Charles in the 1960's) on: Jun 14, 2012
- We do not know the family but we to lost a brother and a 3 year old nephew to a drunk driver. We feel your pain. Please know that our prayers and thoughts are with you all.
- Posted by: John & Mary-Ann Neufeld on: Jun 14, 2012
- My deepest condolences Dan, Christine, Rejeanne and Richard. My heart goes out to you all. I remember Robert when he was young so full of mischief and laughter. I never got to know him as an adult but I've heard a lot of good things from Conrad and Brandon through the years. I placed a cross and flowers and prayed for Robert's peace. God Bless you all. Sincerely Veronica, Conrad and Brandon.
- Posted by: Veronica Benoit (Dolenuck) (old friend of the Family) on: Jun 13, 2012
- I just learned tonight who was the victim of that horrible tragedy last week. Robert was my student back in grade 9 and then last year I was very happy to work with him at the adult ed. classes in Steinbach. He shared his dreams & plans - his love of hunting & his goal to work with heavy machinery. He was a gentle soul & should have had many more years. My sincere sympathy goes out to his family.
- Posted by: Joan Chaput (teacher) on: Jun 13, 2012
- We are so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Robert. Dan, Christine, Richard and Rejeanne you are in our hearts and our prayers.
- Posted by: Marianne and Don Nolin on: Jun 13, 2012
- My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time
- Posted by: Steve mikos( mrs mikes) on: Jun 13, 2012
- Our deepest condolences are with you and your family.
- Posted by: Cathy & Nick Mikos (Mrs. Mike's) on: Jun 13, 2012
- A Daniel et Christine Paule et moi désirons vous offrir nous plus sinceres sympathie. Nos pensées vous accompagnent en cette période de chagrin, bon courage.
Paule et André
- Posted by: Andre Joubert et Paule Girard (Cousin de Daniel) on: Jun 13, 2012
- Dear Jobert family and friends, we are so very sorry for your loss of Robert. We want you to know that you are never alone. We do not wish to impose on your grief, we are here for you whenever you need us. Our hearts ache for you at this most senseless and preventable tragedy. Please contact us if you should want our help with anything at all. Our deepest sympathy.
- Posted by: Melody Bodnarchuk MADD Winnipeg Chapter President (Fellow Manitobans who have lost loved ones to impaired driving crashes) on: Jun 13, 2012
- I am a former Educational Assistant of Richer School & had the pleasure of working with Rob regularly years ago. He was always a very pleasant and respectful guy. I enjoyed knowing him and am very sorry to hear of his tragic passing. My sympathy to his family. You are in the hearts and thoughts of many.
- Posted by: Lauren Godin (Former E.A.) on: Jun 13, 2012
- you left way to early robert, we didnt get to get that big bull moose we were tryna get, but we got to have lots of fun with you. we will still try for that damn bull and when we get him you will be there in spirit. happy hunting my freind.
- Posted by: ken+jean wolf (freinds) on: Jun 13, 2012
- Christine and Dan
We are very sorry to hear about the tragic accident that took Roberts life. No words can heal the extreme pain you are feeling now but we just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in our hearts and prayers.
Love Christine, Manny and family
- Posted by: Christine and Manny Mannys Live Bait (Family Friend) on: Jun 13, 2012
- I do not know your loving son and family member but I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you! I cannot imagine the pain you are going through but may the memories help you heal. Know that strangers like me are praying for you all and do care. This senseless act has affected many and is very upsetting. May the light shine for you all. Peace be with you.
- Posted by: bush lady who travels the highway (caring stranger) on: Jun 13, 2012
- My Robert, it is now 1:00 am and I so love you
you will always be in my heart, your Uncle Marc.
Love you Rob
- Posted by: Marc Joubert (Uncle) on: Jun 13, 2012
- Our deepest sympathy to Chris, Dan, Richard & Rejeanne. Robert will forever be in our hearts. We love you all so much.
- Posted by: Jackie Jonson & Family (Cousin) on: Jun 12, 2012
- I have known Robert all my life, and this just breaks my heart. His parents are the sweetest people ever, along with his brother and sister. This is such a terrible tragedy. You will be missed soo much Robert Joubert. I'm glad that the last time I saw you we had ALOT of laughs :) I'm just really sad that, that was the last time :( But I will see you again. You were such a nice caring guy, RIP Robert
- Posted by: Jessica Verschoore on: Jun 12, 2012
- Will miss you buddy, too young to leave. One hell of a hockey player.
- Posted by: Christopher VanDenBroek (school and hockey friend) on: Jun 12, 2012
- To our friends the Jouberts, we are so sorry for your tragic loss. Robert was a fine young man and we will miss him.
- Posted by: Richard, Rachelle, Mathieu et Louis Durand (Friends) on: Jun 12, 2012
- I did not know Robert well, but I was in the same high school as him in Grade 9. This is such a terrible tragedy and my heart and thoughts go out to the family.
- Posted by: Kara on: Jun 12, 2012
- Much love to Dan, Christine, and Family.... Our thoughts are with you.
- Posted by: Nikki Payette (Friend) on: Jun 12, 2012
- Mes pensées et prières sont avec toute la famille en ce temps si difficile.
- Posted by: Véronique (Fortier) Plamondon on: Jun 12, 2012
- I am so sorry to hear about Robert. I know Brennan is going to miss him very much. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Joubert family. Love you all!
- Posted by: Laurie Plante (Family Friend) on: Jun 12, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.