AA larger | smaller
WALTER COOLIDGE MCCAW June 1, 1927 - June 9, 2012 Peacefully on June 9, 2012 Walter passed away at the age of 85 on his 62nd wedding anniversary. He is survived by his devoted wife Frances, his children Michael, Kevin (Kathy), Susan (Rod), Tim, his grandchildren Angela (Michael), Leanne, Lee (Nicole), Jenna, Reeanne and his great-grandchildren Faith, Trinity, Myles and Carter. He was predeceased by his grandson Scott, and son-in-law Steven. A special thanks to the staff at the Maples Personal Care Home for their care and compassion. A celebration of Walter's life will be held on Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. at Thomson In the Park Funeral Home, 1291 McGillivray Blvd. Arrangements entrusted to: KLASSEN FUNERAL HOME 1897 Henderson Hwy. - 338-0331 Condolences may be sent to www.klassenfuneralhome.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 12, 2012
Guest Book(8 entries)
- This is late but with Folklorama coming up it reminded me of Walt. He was a soft spoken, kind hearted friend in genealogy who volunteered to speak with people about his love of family. We had some good visits each year through the whirl of the bagpipes. He will be missed.
- Posted by: Daryl Dumanski (friend in genealogy) on: Jul 29, 2012
- Please accept my condolences for your loss. I should have known Walter better. We shared a love of family history and in fact met as our searches crossed paths. The fist time I met Walter, his mannerisms much like long departed my father's, his cousin gave me a shiver. Walter struck me as a warm sincere person. He filled in literaly hundreds of gaps in my family's history for me. I am sorry I was not able to get to know him better. I hope someday, to meet his family, as they are my family too. You are all in my thoughts.
- Posted by: Colette Wallace (cousin) on: Jun 21, 2012
- Sorry for your loss - I still remember when he lived across Eaglemere from us when I moved in with Jack and the boys. As he said I was the one that was allowed to park in the garage so must be a keeper.
- Posted by: Dianne Lubinski (Old Neighbour on Eaglemere) on: Jun 19, 2012
- I'm very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. Our (the entire Gzebb family) are with you and your family. Rest in Peace, Mr. McCaw.
- Posted by: Jeff Gzebb (friend of Tim and Susan) on: Jun 15, 2012
- Fran - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today. Cherish the wonderful memories of your life together.
- Posted by: Bernice Kolbuch (Friend) on: Jun 14, 2012
- Frances you had the joy of living with a wonderful, wonderful person. 62 years, wow!
May this thought help with the healing of losing Walt. Remembering all the "good times"..as there are no "not so good".
- Posted by: Gloria Lowry (Friend) on: Jun 13, 2012
- I am sorry to hear the news of your Dad passing Kevin. He was a man of strong principles. My thoughts and prayers to you and all the family at this time.
- Posted by: Gerry Howard (friend of Kevin McCaw) on: Jun 13, 2012
- His regular presence has been missed, but now will have to adjust to not having his occasional visits. Always enjoyed our chats.
- Posted by: Pat Allan (friend - fellow volunteer MGS library) on: Jun 12, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.