AA larger | smaller
NANCY MARIE SMYRSKI Nancy Smyrski (nee Polowy), born October 25, 1967, passed away June 12, 2012 in Winnipeg, MB. She leaves to mourn her loving husband Darryl and her children Sean and Braelyn. She also leaves behind her parents George and Evelyn Polowy of Oakburn. She will be sadly missed by her brother John, niece Vanessa and nephew Ryan. Nancy will also be missed by her best friend Kristen, whom she met in nursing school. Nancy was an excellent caregiver and received her nursing degree from Grace Hospital. Nancy always looked forward to their trips to Grand Forks. Nancy loved her flowers and gardening. She passed this on to her son Sean. She will be missed by all those who knew her. Rest in Peace. We would also like to give a special thank you to Dr. Krcek and the staff at the St. Boniface Hospital Palliative Care. A celebration of Nancy's life will take place Monday, June 18, 2012 at 1:00 p.m., Wheeler Funeral Home Cemetery Crematorium, 1800 Day St. Funeral Arrangements in Care of WHEELER FUNERAL HOME CEMETERY CREMATORIUM 1800 DAY STREET 224-1525
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 16, 2012
Guest Book(11 entries)
- Our deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences to your family, she will be missed very much. Our prayers go out to all your family! God Bless!
- Posted by: staff at River East Personal Care Home (Past coworkers and friends) on: Jun 20, 2012
- I've known Nancy since she was a little girl. Her passing is a huge loss. I have nothing but fond memories of Nancy having grown up together in Oakburn. My sincere condolences to her husband and children, her Mom and Dad, and her brother.
- Posted by: Len Matiowsky (Cousin) on: Jun 19, 2012
- We are so very sad to learn of the passing of Nancy. Our deepest sympathy to her family. Rest peacefully Nancy.
- Posted by: Sam & Dianne (Matiowsky) Jamison (Polowy family friend) on: Jun 18, 2012
- Our deepest Sympathy to you and your children, Darryl.
Our Prayers go out to you and the family.
- Posted by: Joe and Lill Lesosky (Darryl's cousins) on: Jun 18, 2012
- I am so sorry for the loss of Nancy. My deepest and heartfelt condolences goes out to Darryl and the kids and also to Uncle George, Aunty Evelyn and John. I will never forget the times we spent together as kids and cherish them in my heart forever.
- Posted by: Lynn Frommelt (Cousin) on: Jun 18, 2012
- Dear Darryl & Family,
I know that words alone can hardly ease the pain of your loss. Please accept my most heartfelt sympathy for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time.
- Posted by: Judy Cannon (Friend) on: Jun 18, 2012
- So sad to hear of the passing of Nancy. She was so much fun to work with, always a positive attitude even when times were tough. Our condolences to the family. May she rest in peace with no more suffering or pain. God grant her eternal rest. H.F.H. employee.
- Posted by: Evelyn Zwarych (Co-worker) on: Jun 18, 2012
- A "special" member of our "family" will always be with us in spirit -and will be remembered well in the kind and loving way we who remain share our journey with one another.
- Posted by: Joan Karasevich/August Schellenberg and Family (Nancy's Father George and I(Joan) are "first- cousins" ) on: Jun 17, 2012
- Our deepest and heartfelt condolences on your loss...our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Gerry and Sue Karasevich
- Posted by: Gerald and Susan Karasevich on: Jun 17, 2012
- Our deepest sympathy and condolences go out to the family and especially the children.. Darryl our prayers go out to you and the children..God bless..
- Posted by: James and Sharon Naylor (Friend ) on: Jun 17, 2012
- I am so shocked to hear of Nancy's passing. My deepest condolences to you Darryl, Sean, and Braelyn.
- Posted by: Cathy Smith (friend) on: Jun 17, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.