AA larger | smaller
FRED KING Unexpectedly on Saturday, June 16, 2012, Fred King of Dugald, Manitoba passed away at the age of 66 years. Fred will be sadly missed by his beloved wife Glennis, of 44 years, his children Roy (Jennifer), Shaari, and Paul (Diana), his grandchildren Bryanna, Taylor, Jack, Owen and Oliver. He also leaves to mourn, his mother Joyce King, sisters Gail, Judy (Jerry), Patricia (Wayne), brother Clifford (Laurel), and many nieces, nephews and their families. He was predeceased by his father Clifford and brother-in-law Henry. Fred was born and raised in Fort William, Ontario. He joined the army at a very young age. After leaving the army he began working at the CNR and retired as an engineer. Fred and Glennis raised their children and have been long time residents of Dugald, Manitoba. The family wishes to thank the emergency staff of the Concordia Hospital and Springfield EMS for their care. A celebration of Fred's life will be held on Friday, June 22, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at Seasons Funeral Chapel, 576 Balsam Crescent in Oakbank, MB. If friends desire, donations may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Manitoba. Seasons Funeral Chapel - OakBank
Publish Date: Jun 19, 2012
FRED KING Unexpectedly on Saturday, June 16, 2012, Fred King of Dugald, Manitoba, passed away at the age of 66 years. He will be sadly missed by his wife Glennis, his children Roy, Shaari and Paul and their families. A complete obituary will follow. Seasons Funeral Chapel - OakBank
Publish Date: Jun 19, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 19, 2012
Guest Book(6 entries)
- To Glennis, Roy, Sharri and Paul. I am truly sorry for your loss...You were a big part of our life here in thunder bay, before you moved to manitoba. RIP and may you watch over your family.
- Posted by: Laura-Lee (Lori) Gambee (God Daughter) on: Jun 29, 2012
- Dear King family,
I am so very sorry to hear of Fred's passing. I will always remember Pat and my trip to visit the family in Manitoba. I wish there were pictures to capture the laughter of that adventure.
My prayers are with you.
- Posted by: Marlene Dumont [Wright] (Friend) on: Jun 28, 2012
- My sincerest sympathies to Fred's family and to Linda. I met Fred at Paradise Village partaking in Aquasize Exercises. Fred was always joyful, teasing and had a smile for everyone. Louise
- Posted by: Louise Perrin (Friend at Aquasize at Paradise Village) on: Jun 22, 2012
- My brother Fred was one of the most caring people in the world and had a heart as big as all outdoors. I will miss him so much.
- Posted by: Patricia King (Sister) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Fred was always there to help you when you needed him. He was a very giving man and always looked out for his friends and neighbors. He made sure you felt welcomed in the neighborhood and was quick with a story about his days as an engineer or his time spent in the army when he met you on the street. He always looked forward to the July long weekend when he made his famous ribs for friends and family. He was such a part of the Dugald neighborhood, he was just always around to talk to and share a glass of wine with. The neighborhood won't be the same without you Fred. We miss you.
- Posted by: Trent MacLeod (Friend/Neighbor) on: Jun 19, 2012
- Fred was a great man. I lived beside him for almost 9 years and he will be greatly missed by all his neighbors, friends and all his family. Fred was a funny, humorous man who loved to be outside. He & and his wife ran a daycare and all the children will miss him so much. We love you Fred.
- Posted by: Bethanie MacLeod (Neighbor/Grass Cutter) on: Jun 18, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.