AA larger | smaller
GORDON DOUGLAS HURST February 15, 1955 - June 15, 2012 Sadly and unexpectedly, at an age far too young, Gordon died on Friday, June 15, 2012 at the Victoria General Hospital. Left to treasure his memory are his children, Mitchell and Holly and their mother Karen. He will be greatly missed by his sister Susan Kitteridge (David) of White Rock, BC. Gord also leaves his Uncle Ken and Aunt Mary Hurst, many cousins and friends across the country. Gordon was predeceased by his beloved parents, Douglas and Shirley Hurst. Above all, Gord loved his children and supported them in all of their activities and interests. If he wasn't coaching their various sports teams, he was at their games to cheer them on. He was so proud of who they are and what they have achieved. The cottage at Clearwater Bay in Lake of the Woods was Gord's piece of paradise. An avid outdoorsman, he relished all that nature had to offer. Gord and his Dad shared an interest in all things mechanical and spent many hours working together on projects. He had the ability to fix anything, an asset that benefited friends and family alike. He was smart, funny, kind and generous, always the first to come forward at a time of need. Gord has always appreciated his friends and family who have been there for him. Our heartfelt thanks go out to special friends David MacAngus, Michelle Faiman and Dillon Sullivan for their continued dedicated support, particularly during these last difficult weeks. His family is also grateful to the nurses, especially Linda, and the care aides on 4S at the Victoria Hospital who made the journey easier. A celebration of Gordon's life will be held at the cottage later this summer. THOMSON IN THE PARK 925-1120 Condolences may be sent to www.thomsoninthepark.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 19, 2012
Guest Book(13 entries)
- My condolences to the Hurst family. I went to Fort Richmond Coll. with Gord and have very fond memories.
- Posted by: Barbara Aitken (School friend) on: Jun 28, 2012
- Dear Mitchell, Holly and Karen,
I am deeply sorry about the great loss of your loved one. I have very fond memories of Gord at V.W., such a kind, warm and friendly person. May all the wonderful memories help to ease your pain. Thinking of you in prayer. Madame Regnier
- Posted by: Carole Regnier (Mitchell and Holly's Kgn teacher) on: Jun 27, 2012
- Gordon was the best friend one could ask for...my sincere condolences to Mitchell and Holly...your Father was a great man!
- Posted by: Anne-Marie (friend) on: Jun 25, 2012
- Our condolences to Karen along with Mitchell and Holly. We have fond memories of Gordon. Thinking of your family at this time.
- Posted by: Monique and Wayne ((long ago baseball teammates)) on: Jun 24, 2012
- Dear Karen, Mitch and Holly and Family,
Please accept sincere condolences from Janine and I.
He will be in my memories forever.
- Posted by: Bruce Mahaffy (life long family friend) on: Jun 22, 2012
- Offering our condolences and heartfelt sympathy to all of Gord's family.
May your fond memories of him comfort you during this difficult time.
- Posted by: Robert and Cynthia Nash (Friends) on: Jun 21, 2012
- Unbelievably sad news - to Gord's family, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I will miss seeing Gord in the garage nearly everyday for the past 27 years. I'll miss sharing a chat and a laugh at what our boys are up to. I'll miss Alina asking if she can go visit her "friend Gord". Lots of love n' hugs to you all from Pam, Jen, Thomas and Alina next door.
- Posted by: Pam (Next door Neighbour) on: Jun 21, 2012
- Condolences to the Hurst family. Gord was a fine friend for many years and always willing to lend his talented hands. He will always hold special memories in my thoughts.
- Posted by: Elaine and Patrick LaMonica (Friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Our family's sincere condolences to the family. Very fond memories of Gord coaching soccer, participating in our many Scout camps, and hosting Mitchell's lifelong friends at the cottage.
- Posted by: Paula & Gordon Billows (Friends) on: Jun 20, 2012
- A friend forever.
- Posted by: Mark Eastwood (Brother (inlaw)) on: Jun 20, 2012
- We are shocked, stunned and devastated to see Gordon's obit on my arrival back in Canada. Our condolences to Mitch, Holly and Susan. Gord has been a wonderful friend and neighbor for many years and was always a pleasure to talk to. He helped us many times with the rigors of cottage life. A good old Norwood boy!. We will miss him dearly.
- Posted by: Dr. Bruce H. Green ( Rolla Missouri formerly Norwood Manitoba) And Andrea Green and Rodney Sembera (next door neighbors at Clearwater Bay and long time friends of the famiily) on: Jun 19, 2012
- My sincere condolences to you in your time of loss. Thinking of you all.
- Posted by: Loreen (Friend) on: Jun 19, 2012
- Was shocked to hear this sad news. Have many fond memories. My condolences to his sister and his children.
- Posted by: Donna Henry (friend from Red River) on: Jun 19, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.