AA larger | smaller
MARIE-ANGE PRETEAU It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our precious mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, great-great-grandmother, sister and friend. On June 15, 2012 Marie-Ange Alice Berthe Preteau (nee Proulx) passed on at the age of 87 at the Repos Jolys in St. Pierre. She was predeceased by her husband Denis, her sons Andre and Roland. She left behind 12 children Carmelle (Emile Frechette deceased), Pauline (Paul Cote), Jeanne (Rene Dubois), Julien Preteau (Linda), Gilbert Preteau (Louise deceased), Marcel Preteau (Alberta), Gisele (Richard Gauthier), Leo Preteau (Beth), Therese (Winfried Roemer), Helene (Hans Roemer), Marc Preteau (Lena) and Maurice Preteau, 44 grandchildren, 73 great-grandchildren and five great-great-grandchildren. She was well loved and respected by everyone that knew her. She will be sadly missed by all. Funeral service was held on June 18, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. in the St. Malo Parish. Arrangements by Vita Funeral Home 256 Railway Ave., Vita, MB, 1-204-425-3114
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 19, 2012
Guest Book(7 entries)
- God bless a great lady that loved life and everyone in it. My greatest memory is visiting her at the St. Malo gate where she worked and was always welcoming.
Many memories Gary Frechette
- Posted by: Gary Frechette (grand-son) on: Jun 22, 2012
- Our prayers are with you!! God bless!!!
- Posted by: Lynn, Cory and Cade Cameron (Friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
- My Condolences. Rest in peace
- Posted by: doris roemer on: Jun 19, 2012
- I miss you Memere sousie!!! May you rest in peace!! I love you!
- Posted by: Hope Dubois (Great Grand-Daughter) on: Jun 19, 2012
- I didn't know her but friends with Jennifer Foster, & a couple other family members...I would just like to send my deepest & heartfelt condolences to her loved ones! My heart goes out to you all for your loss, you're all in my prayers & may her memory live on through you all! God bless!
- Posted by: Kay johansen (Friend of family members) on: Jun 19, 2012
- Our condolences to the whole family especially Carmelle, Jeanne and Rene, and Helene and Hans. May God console you in your sorrow.
Gord and Marcie Kosman
- Posted by: Gordie and Marcie Kosman (Friends) on: Jun 19, 2012
- MY LAST MEMORY OF MEMERE IS WHEN SHE FLEW TO MICHIGAN TO JOIN OUR FAMILY AT MY SISTER JOHANNE'S DYING BED. I THINK THAT IS THE ONLY TIME MY MEMERE FLEW IN A PLANE. SHE GAVE US SUCH A GIFT BY DOING SO. WE EVEN MANAGED TO GET PHOTOS OF HER WITH OUR CHILDREN. WHAT A GIFT THAT IS FOR US TODAY AND FOREVER. THANK YOU MEMERE YOU WERE A KIND AND LOVING WOMAN AND WE WERE BLESSED TO HAVE KNOWN YOU, EVEN FROM AFAR.
MAY YOU REST IN PEACE. WITH LOTS OF LOVE JANET BECK.
- Posted by: Janet Beck (grand-daughter) on: Jun 19, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.