AA larger | smaller
MURRAY NORMAN OLSON May 6, 1977 - June 14, 2012 Our beloved brother Murray (35) has gone ahead to the spirit world. His sudden departure has left us shaken but grateful to have had him in our family. Murray lived most of his life in Winnipeg and Brokenhead. He was proud to come from a large family for whom he had great respect. He was a hunter, an artist, a powwow singer, but foremost he was a attentive father. Never afraid to show his emotions he had us all at Good Day, How are you? We love you lil' bro! And we will hold you in our hearts always. Murray was predeceased by his father Norman (2009). He is survived by his mother Bertha; brothers Carl, Rudy, Remi, Harvey, Lorne, and Barry; sisters Carlyle, Solvia, Betty, Connie, Fern, Norma, Sandra, Elaina, Rita, and Juliene; his stepchildren Chevez and Autumn; his children: sons Morning Wind (13), Greysky (11), Marcus (18 months), and daughter Kristin (6), and common-law wife Alley. Wake services will be held in the Bingo Palace in Brokenhead, MB, the evening of June 21 at 7:00 p.m. and the funeral service will take place June 22 at 1:00 p.m. also in the Bingo Palace. A memorial for Murray will be held in Winnipeg on Sunday, June 24 at 445 King Street at 6:00 p.m., entrance on Jarvis. Thank you to all who helped and supported Murray and his family over the last several weeks. Gilbart Funeral Home, Selkirk in care of arrangements. www.gilbartfuneralhome.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 20, 2012
Guest Book(8 entries)
- i love u daddy! i'm coming back to winnipeg to make things right :D hope u b happy on my decisions on my life, thanks and i hope u rest easy!
- Posted by: Autumn (Daughter) on: Jul 27, 2013
- I am so sorry for your loss. Murray was a great father. I remember him and his wonderful relationship with his boys fondly.
- Posted by: Alana Kergen (Nursery Teacher for Greysky) on: Jun 25, 2012
- Murray touched my heart in the very few times we met before he passed. When he said to me " see you Sis " at a gathering we were at I knew I had met someone special. My heart is broken for my brothers and sisters to lose this wonderful man. Be at peace my brother. Love Debi
- Posted by: Debi Bell (Brother by connection) on: Jun 25, 2012
- Murray...May the creator guide you on your journey. May you be reunited with loved ones that have passed on. We grew up on the rez, I remember we all used to play on this really cool tree, and in the tall grass or in the winter we played in the water reeds where we made our own maze. One of the favourite games we all enjoyed was wolves and deers...that was fun ! I have met your two eldest son's, they are very handsom, considerate, respectful you have wonderful boys.
I am very sorry this happend to you and your family. You are always in my thought.
<3 Murray. O <3
- Posted by: Spring. Kent (Childhood friend) on: Jun 22, 2012
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead.
- Posted by: Delene and Paul (friends) on: Jun 21, 2012
- Missing your cheerful smile and welcome way, already. Condolences and prayers to all his family, from Louis, Rosanne, Lee
- Posted by: rosanne olson (friend/family) on: Jun 21, 2012
- I am so sorry to Murray's family for their loss :( it was a shock to hear he passed. My heart goes out to his children, his partner & his entire family
- Posted by: Alissa Matheson-Maytwayashing (wife of his friend Derek) on: Jun 20, 2012
- Our condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Shirley & John Pennie (friend) on: Jun 20, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.