AA larger | smaller
MYRTLE FLORENCE WALL (nee JANZEN) 1931 - 2012 On Monday June 18, 2012 at Health Sciences Centre, Myrtle Wall aged 80 years of Winnipeg, MB formerly of Plum Coulee went to her eternal rest. She leaves to mourn her passing her four sons, Winston of Calgary, AB (Kennedy), Alan and Gwen of Salmon Arm., BC (Daniel, Andrea), Robert and Debbie of Sherwood Park, AB (Kristin, Melanie), Donald and Shauna of Airdrie, AB (Alexis) as well as three great- grandchildren. She is survived by Cliff and Alice Janzen, twin brother, Mervin and Doreen Janzen both of Winnipeg. She was predeceased by her husband, John K. Wall in 1993, sister, Margaret Wiebe and brother, Les Janzen. Viewing will be from 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. on Thursday at Wiebe Funeral Home 121 8th St. in Winkler and at the church prior to the service. Funeral service will be held on Friday June 22, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at Christian Fellowship Chapel 465 Osborne St. in Winnipeg with interment to follow at Plum Coulee Cemetery. If friends so desire, donations may be made in Myrtle's memory to CancerCare of Manitoba 675 McDermot Ave. Room ON1160 Winnipeg, MB R3E 0V9. Wiebe Funeral Home, Winkler In care of arrangements, 325-4201 wiebefuneralhomes.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 21, 2012
Guest Book(4 entries)
- I only heard of the loss of your dear Mother late yesterday afternoon and sadly missed her service in the morning. I will always remember your Mother with dear and happy thoughts. I have known her since I was a very young child as your parents and mine knew each other well. Your Mother was a kind person and loved by everyone who met her. May your happy memories with your Mother and the knowledge that she treasured each of her sons and their families in every possible way may this time easier for all of you. She will always be watching over you with love.
- Posted by: Alice Reimer (Friend) on: Jun 23, 2012
- I remember like it was yesterday, sharing a coffee with your Mom at my Mom's 80th Birthday Party. I can still hear her giggle with excitement when she saW me, still feel her warm loving hug around me and see that great "bright morning star" smile of hers. I felt 4 years old and perfectly loved in that moment. I am so thankful now that I stopped at the table where she was and had a coffee talking with her. Talking about you guys and how long it had been that I have see you all. she beamed as she told me of each one of you and where you lived and what you where doing and it made me miss you. So sad that this communication now is to remember your losS. I do celebrate your Mother's strenGth in all she has been through, she is a woman of influence that I will never forget. She has made an impact on my life and her life was a shining example of steadfast faith, strength, gentleness and love. She was and will always be a role model in my life and hold her in the deepest regard as one of the great Aunts I had the pleasure to know and love. She was a great lady who will be sadly missed, but warmly thought of forever.
I am so sorry I was not able to come to the funeral today and it grieves me that I was not there to share my thoughts of her with others. Also a missed opportunity to connect with cousins and uncles and Aunts, know I am thinking of all of you today and wanted to send my love even if only in these few short words..God's Peace and Grace to you all today. Love Janet
- Posted by: JANET (WALL) BOXELL (NEICE) on: Jun 22, 2012
- Myrtle was part of our games night group on St. Anne's Rd.. We were a close knit group. Had alot of laughs on our games night evenings.
I Will miss Myrtle very much. She was definitely part of our family of friends.
Rest in Peace Myrtle. You are now safe in the hands of our lord.
- Posted by: Marg Forsythe (Friend from St. Anne's Rd Appartment block.) on: Jun 21, 2012
- I will really miss her. We would have lunch or coffee sometimes. She was a good person to have in your life.
- Posted by: stella lowry (bowling team) on: Jun 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.