AA larger | smaller
BENITA ALLARD September 2, 1954 - June 23, 2012 It is with great sadness we announce the passing of our daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. Benita was born in Winnipeg and is survived by her parents Leo and Cecilia, brothers and sisters Don (Terri), Marleen (Orest), Lina (Rene), Carol (Richard), Jerry (Sheila), Roger (Sandra), Alvin (Judy), Barry (Linda) and many nieces and nephews. Benita was a special person with a huge heart; she cared for all those around her. You would always find her with her little book of all her important dates. She never missed a birthday phone call! Benita loved children, her nieces and nephews gave her plenty of children to care for and spoil. Benita was known for her love of crafts, her room was full of all her craftiness! When you would visit, Benita would show you every drawer and what was in them! She loved making key chains for all her family and friends and needed a lot of letters for all the names she had to make. Benita loved to knit and crochet; she would make towels, blankets, and socks for everyone who asked and never kept anything for herself. A special thank you to Wanda and all the caregivers to Benita during her stay in Stonewall. Thank you also to staff and colleagues at the Arris Centre. The family would also like to thank Len Flamand for making Benita feel special when he came to visit. Cremation has taken place. A graveside service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 27, 2012, at the St. Laurent Parish Cemetery. Luncheon to follow at St. Laurent Community Centre. MACKENZIE FUNERAL CHAPEL STONEWALL (204) 467-2525 firstname.lastname@example.org
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 25, 2012
Guest Book(7 entries)
- Benita was a very joyful, selfless person with a huge heart. When I worked at the ACL i spent much time with her, going to get the mail, visiting her parents when they moved to town, going to stores, baking and playing endless card games. Benita loves her cards and crafts. Once we even went to St. Laurent for her parent's wedding anniversary party, it was a wonderful day that I got to spend with a very special lady. I have 3 key chains she has made me through out the years. I will always treasure these tokens of her. Benita was a very special person and will always hold a special place in my heart. I love you dearly my friend, rest now, you deserve it. My prayers to you and your family. Always loved and always remembered! xoxoxo
- Posted by: Sarah Rafnson (Caregiver 2009-2012) on: Jun 26, 2012
- Benita was very close to my mom Henriette Bruce, when they both stayed at the Senior Home. Every time my sister Shirley and I wanted to know where my Mom was, Benita would tell us where she went. Mom would tell her where she was going. Benita was always in front smiling at everyone coming in the Senior Home. We lost our mom in November and now they will be together again
- Posted by: Bonita Lavallee (acquaintance) on: Jun 26, 2012
- Benita became one of my first friends when I moved into St.Laurent 10 years ago. She welcomed me into the Ladies Busy Fingers Group . Many crafts, cards and pictures were shared. She'll craft with the angels now !
- Posted by: Michelle (Allard) Beaudin (Friend from St.Laurent) on: Jun 26, 2012
- Benita and I were very close during my time at Acl. She had ensless stories about her all of her family and was often frustrated with me for never getting a;ll the names straight. Benita loved her family dearly and she was blessed to have such wonderful people around her. We all know that Beniat could be a handful, but her giving heart more than made up for that. I moved out to BC in March, bever thinking it would be my last time seeing her, we spoke on the phone 2 short weeks ago and its heartbreaking. Thank you to the family for letting me know, and have Benita in my life...my prayers to you and your family.
- Posted by: Tannis Lange (Care giver and Team leader at ACL 2009-2011) on: Jun 25, 2012
- That picture of Benita shows the smile you would always get whenever you saw her. We will miss that smile, but we will always have it in our memory. Rest now my dear sister....you are loved, and you will be missed!
- Posted by: Alvin Allard (Brother) on: Jun 25, 2012
- Every time you would see Poucette she had a great big smile! She would be happiest when she was surrounded by family & friends! Poucette, give Memere & Pepere Bruce a big hug for me & to all our aunties & uncles in heaven! Rest in peace!
- Posted by: June Bruce (Cousin) on: Jun 25, 2012
- Benita was a very friendly person. I never seen her when she wasn't greeting friends and family with a hug and a great big smile. Forever in my thoughts. Rest in Peace.
- Posted by: Beatrice Chartrand (Cousin) on: Jun 25, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.