AA larger | smaller
CLEMENS (CLEM) FASSELT Born November 17, 1942, in Raesfeld, Germany On June 22, 2012, surrounded by his family after a courageous fight with cancer Clem Fasselt started his new journey. Survived by his loving wife of 35 years Maria, son Marc (Beata) and the twinkle in Clem's eye his granddaughter, Angel, son Lorne (Megan), brothers and sisters in Germany and his faithful and loyal companion Bandit. Clem was predeceased by his parents, Hermann and Ida and brother Klaus. A Celebration of Clem's Life will be held on Tuesday, June 26, 2012, at 11:00 a.m. at Wheeler Funeral Home Cemetery Crematorium, 1800 Day Street with private family interment. Flowers are gratefully declined but donations to Palliative Care Endowment Fund, c/o St. Boniface Hospital Research Foundation, 409 Tache Avenue, room D1003, Winnipeg, MB, R2H 2A6 would be greatly appreciated. The family wishes to thank the staff of the Palliative Care Program. Funeral Arrangements in Care of Wheeler Funeral Home, Cemetery Crematorium 1800 Day Street 224-1525
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 25, 2012
Guest Book(5 entries)
- Dear Maria; please accept my condolences in the loss of your husband Clemens, as well as my apology for not becoming aware of his passing sooner.
I have known Clemens since the spring of 1969. That summer, Clemens took another young fellow from Germnany and me in his green Pontiac Parisienne convertible, on a road trip through the Canadian Prairies. It is still unforgettable. May he rest in peace.
- Posted by: Felix Moddemann (Friend and fellow German immigrant ) on: Oct 4, 2012
- Ria & Family - we're so very sorry to hear of Clems' passing. My apologizes for not attending the Celebration of Clems' Life as the date had also passed when I heard the news. Our hearts go out to you all, and please know you are in our prayers. We all had fun with Clem & have some pretty funny memories - we were very glad to have known him! Hugs to all - Sharon Charlene & Kellie
- Posted by: Sharon & Family (long aog -x-neighbor & friend) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Maria - I just heard today that clem had passed away and im sorry i couldn't attend to be there for you - i hope you find some comfort in knowing there are people who care about you - its been a long time my friend since we've talked - we;ll have to try and get together some day
- Posted by: Doris Jones (old co-worker) on: Jun 26, 2012
- Maria and familiy
Our sincere sympathy. Mama and Papa have kept us informed of Clemens' condition. I know this has been a difficult time for Clemens, yourself and your family.
I am so sorry that I am not able to attend the funeral. I would have liked to extend my sympathy in person. I have many good memories of Clemens visiting the farm as we were growing up...
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Dorothy Wicklund (Elskamp)
- Posted by: Dorothea Wicklund (family friend ) on: Jun 26, 2012
- Sincerest condolences on the passing of your dear husband, father, and grandfather. My thoughts & prayers are with your family.
- Posted by: Barb (Friend of Maria's) on: Jun 25, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.