AA larger | smaller
HOPE CAROLINE MAYO April 10, 1956 June 24, 2012 It is with deep sadness that we announce the sudden passing of Hope Caroline Mayo on June 24, 2012 at Health Sciences Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Hope will be extremely missed and devotedly remembered by her partner and best friend of 29+ years Ernie Schuetzmann, his family; her Father Robert (Bob) and her sister Candice (Melvin) Holmes; the Mayo and Shand Families and all of her great and loving friends. Hope was predeceased by her loving mother Winifred May Mayo. As per her wishes, cremation has already taken place and a memorial service will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, a donation in Hope Mayo's name may be made to the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. Chapel Lawn www.chapellawn.mb.ca 885-9715
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 27, 2012
Guest Book(12 entries)
- i spent 2 years in Winnipeg in the early 70s working for Eatons. While there I met Candy and we dated for several months until I returned to Toronto. I met all of Candy's family and was very fond of them. It's strange how things go in life because I can't recall many things from 40 years ago, but I do recall Hope as being a very effervescent, happy go lucky and friendly person. I'm saddened to hear that she has passed away. Equally saddened that she suffered from MS. But as long ago and as remote as it was, I am glad that I knew her, even for a brief moment in time. Thank you for allowing me to recall my fond memories of you and your family, Hope ..
- Posted by: John A (i went out with Hope's sister, Candice about 40 years ago) on: Aug 3, 2012
- Shelby and I didn't get to see much of Hope but when we did we enjoyed our times together. Heaven has another Angel even though we all feel she was way too young to be taken away from us. Love to Candice, great, great, great, Uncle Bob and Ernie.
Love Stephanie and Shelby Lou
- Posted by: Stefanie and Shelby Smirski (4th cousins) on: Jul 19, 2012
- May the Comfort and Peace the only the Lord can give be yours in these difficult days....our prayers are with you, Bob, Candice, Ernie
Rhonda & Ron, Judy & Rick, Karen Schick, Jean Schick (Mom's going to be 93 in a few weeks), John & Liz Schick, British Columbia, Frank Schick, Key West, Florida
- Posted by: The Schicks (Minto Street Neighbours) on: Jul 7, 2012
- Let us remember the smiling, the laughing, the talking, the sharing, the caring, and the loving. May you remember the good times always, Deepest Sympathy, The McCahon Family, Harding Manitoba, (Mrs. Mayos birth town)
- Posted by: Julie McCahon (2nd cousins, Mrs. Mayo's side) on: Jul 7, 2012
- Candice, Mr. Mayo & Ernie,
Joe & Myself are very saddened to have heard this news about Hope. I understand from Candice over these 30 years that she was a fighter from her MS, and she enjoyed life as best she could. We know she has found peace and good health now and her and Mrs. Mayo will take care of Bob, Candice and Ernie. Love Arlene & Joe, Saskatoon
- Posted by: Arlene & Joseph Chermishnok (Close Friends of Candice & Mel) on: Jul 7, 2012
- I remember when Mrs. Mayo was pregnant with Hope on Minto Street. An when she was born I remember myself, Marion Lambert, Rhonda and Judy Shick, Shirley Weeks and Valerie Wright thought - whose this kid- she was the first baby that most of us had seen with white, (blond) hair. We were all around 7-9 years of age. I see by the picture in the paper that Hope turned out to be a beautiful lady. I know Bob and Candy will miss her dearly. Her life was too short. God Has another Angel and Wynne won't be alone. Love and Condolences to Bob, Candice and Ernie. Gwen (Mac Williams) Van der Linde, Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- Posted by: Gwen Van Der Linde (Old neighbour from MInto Street) on: Jul 7, 2012
- I will fondly remember both Hope & Ernie while working with them on the 3 rd floor at Eaton's downtown. I believe this is where their relationship started! Hope was always so kind, hardworking, and always in good spirits. Of course, Ernie was also the same nature, so that's probably why they got along so well, for so many years.
We wish you well, knowing that it will be difficult for the first while, but that Hope is now at peace and not suffering anymore. Know that God will help you thru this time, as He always is with you. God bless, the Knutsons.
- Posted by: Marge & Darwin,Mark & Amber Knutson (Friends of Ernie) on: Jul 5, 2012
Hope has been your partner for as long as I have known you. I know this has to be a sad time for you. Please know that your friends care. Let me know if you need to talk. I've been where you are.
- Posted by: Don Ross (A long time friend with Hope's partner Ernie.) on: Jul 2, 2012
- Ernie I just wanted to express to you our heartfelt condolences on your loss.
We have not seen each other in some time, but Lisa and I often recall with a smile how special you were to us.
Our Deepest Sympathy on Hope's passing
Vaughan & Lisa Rody / Seattle WA
- Posted by: Vaughan Rody (Friend of Ernie) on: Jul 2, 2012
- My old Loyal Friend you will never be forgotten. May You Rest in Peace, free from pain & illness. Love You...
- Posted by: Sharon (Friend) on: Jun 28, 2012
- Hope we will miss your laughter and the fun times we had together. You will always hold a place in our hearts at our family gatherings.
- Posted by: Dorothy / Gordon (Sister / Brother In- Law) on: Jun 27, 2012
- I am going to miss a Good Friend. I will think of you often. Heaven has another Angel.
- Posted by: Anne (Friend) on: Jun 27, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.