AA larger | smaller
AURELIO SAN JOSE LAZARO November 12, 1943 - June 23, 2012 It is with great sadness that we announce the sudden passing of Aurelio (Ureng) Lazaro in St. Malo on June 23, 2012. He will be deeply missed by his wife Aguida, and his two sons Ariel and Aries. Aurelio arrived in Canada in 1978 from the Philippines, just married, to begin a new life and start a new family. From his arrival, he worked tirelessly to provide for his family and act as an anchor to bring loved ones to this country. Through 68 years of life, Aurelio leaves behind a legacy of kindness, generosity and thoughtfulness. Aurelio was a great friend to many, a perfect father to two, and a devoted husband to one. Go with love. Be at peace. Thank you for all your love and prayers. Please join us in celebrating his life. Lamay will be held at Chapel Lawn, 4000 Portage Avenue, from 6:00 p.m. til midnight on Thursday, June 28 and Friday, June 29. Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Edward's Parish, 836 Arlington Street on Saturday, June 30 at 1:00 p.m. with Internment to follow at Chapel Lawn. For those who wish to sign the online Guest Book please visit our website. Chapel Lawn www.chapellawn.mb.ca 885-9715
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 27, 2012
Guest Book(7 entries)
- Dearest Ninong,
For as long as I can remember you have always been so generous, caring, and loving to all of your loved ones. Never was there a time where we would cross paths whether it be in the mall, grocery shopping, or getting gas/car wash when I did not see you smiling. You will be truly missed Ninong! Rest now in your paradise :)
- Posted by: marissa ramos (Goddaughter) on: Jul 3, 2012
- Ka Ureng, you've been a great person and like a brother to me. Thank you for the memories at St. Malo. You are so generous, loving, caring and thoughtful person. Thank you for those paksiw and munggo you cook. We will truly miss you.I am so grateful and blessed to know you. Again thank you for all you've done for me.
- Posted by: Melia Bueno (friend) on: Jul 1, 2012
- Tito you were always a fixture in the Lazaro household. Ever since I have know your sons and I would come over to hang out with them, you have been so kind. You have left a wonderful legacy and they (your sons) will have made you so proud. Thank you for being that fair patient father figure not just to them but to all your sons friends.
"Battle" (family dog) will surely miss you! and so will all.
- Posted by: Melanio Enero on: Jun 28, 2012
- Tito Ureng is one of the good looking in San Jose clan. I remember him during my younger years, every time we had an occasion in my grandmother's house, he used to be there. He will greet you and always smile at you and will recognize you. I agree that he is really a loving person because when Lolo Busyo (his father) was sick he went home to attend personally his needs until he died. Upon learning that he passed, the first question raised was is his body will be brought back in the Philippines? Of course, the decision will be left to his family. My mother, since elder to Tito Ureng and knew who he was, every night his always in her mind. We will not see him anymore and will miss him. Our prayers will be yours and join our Creator peacefully.
- Posted by: Thess San Jose dela Cruz (Uncle) on: Jun 28, 2012
- My sincere condolences on the untimely passing of your beloved Aurelio. My nickname for him was "Smiley", he was a dedicated, hard worker and always a smile. Such a man is never replaced. A special plaque in recognition of his years of service to GWM is being made.
- Posted by: Martin Williams (Employer) on: Jun 27, 2012
- It wasn't the same being at your home and you not there sitting in the living room greeting us with your smile. I am glad I had the chance to see you just a few weeks before to be able to talk to you for even just a little while. You will be missed tito.
- Posted by: Jasmin Enero on: Jun 27, 2012
- Thanks for always being so kind to us, Tito. You've raised two wonderful boys, and Battle of course. We miss you.
- Posted by: Oliver Hernandez on: Jun 27, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.