AA larger | smaller
PAUL NORMAN NIELSEN Norman Nielsen passed away at home, on June 26, at the age of 82. He is predeceased by his sisters Ruth and Ethel. Left to mourn his passing is his niece Barbara, as well as many close friends and neighbours. Norman was a lifelong member of the Ostenfeld Lutheran Church. Donations may be made in his memory to the Ostenfeld Lutheran Church, PO Box 2, Group 7, R.R.# 1, Anola, MB R0E 0A0. Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday, July 3 at 10:00 a.m. at Ostenfeld Lutheran Church, 54057 Provincial Road 302. SOBERING FUNERAL CHAPEL CREMATORIUM, Beausejour 268-3510 or MB Toll Free 1-877-776-2220 www.soberingfuneralchapel.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 30, 2012
Guest Book(4 entries)
- My husband practically grew up on Norman's farm from the time he was five. Mark's grandparents lived next to him and Mark's grandfather and Norman were best friends for decades. He passed away a year ago. Our kids loved and adored Norman and always ask when they can visit him. We only just found out about Norman's passing today, on Christmas Day, when we tried to call and wish him a merry Christmas. Mark spoke with him in the spring. He was a good, honest and loving man. He loved and cared for everyone in his life. He was generous and kind. He helped shaped my husband's character and I am so grateful for the kind of man he helped influence him to be. He was an excellent example to him. We had wanted him to come live with us after the passing of Mark's grandparents, but that wasn't Norman's style; he had to work an honest day everyday. We loved him very much and he is sadly missed, but he gave us some wonderful memories that will last forever. I know he is with his Creator, his good friend George, and at peace.
- Posted by: Winifred Angus (Friend) on: Dec 25, 2012
- Norman was a good friend of mine since I was 5. He was like an additional grandfather figure to me, he taught me many good qualities in life and has always been someone that I have looked up to. I am sorry to hear if his passing he has been my good friend these many years.
- Posted by: Mark angus (Friend) on: Dec 25, 2012
- I've never met such a decent, kindly human being as Norm. He was a true artisan when it came to making hay, and kept a grateful horse community supplied in hay over many years.
"When the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."
- K. Gibran
- Posted by: Dawn on: Sep 23, 2012
- I did not know Norm that well but he had a big heart, he pulled me out of the power line off of 302 one year out deer hunting and refused to take any money even though he had to trailer his tractor to the spot and costed him out of his pocket.
Rest in peace Norm
- Posted by: Kirk Dromo (Friend) on: Jul 10, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.