AA larger | smaller
JIM MURPHY On Friday, June 29, 2012; Jim, beloved husband of Velma, died at the Riverview Health Centre. In compliance with Jim's wishes there will be no Funeral Service.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 30, 2012
Guest Book(10 entries)
- You're the Uncle I would have chosen above all others. You were a great friend and we had so many happy times together. I will miss you dearly.
- Posted by: Pat Clifton (Niece by Marriage) on: Jul 5, 2012
- My best friend for almost 72 years. I will miss him dearly.
- Posted by: Ted Clifton (Nephew) on: Jul 5, 2012
- I worked with Jim when I was at Pembina Highway MPI. I always respected Jim and he was a pleasure to work with.
- Posted by: Chic Seabrook (work associate) on: Jul 5, 2012
- I sure miss you my lovable Jim, my husband of 47 years. I cannot express how much I miss you. I will always Love You.
- Posted by: Velma Murphy (spouse) on: Jul 4, 2012
- Loved his laugh. Loved his humor. Loved that he took such good care of Velma (wife) and sister (my mother) Kathleen. Loved that he agreed to walk me down the aisle 38 years ago at my wedding. He was more nervous than me. Will miss him dearly. Love from Brendalee and Rick.
- Posted by: Brendalee and Rick Harris (Niece and Husband) on: Jul 3, 2012
- Three words come to mind when I think of my uncle.
Dapper (best dressed)
Hilarious (always had a funny story or joke)
Loving (always had a big hug for us)
He will be missed by all of us who loved him, Velma.
- Posted by: Marlaine and Al (Niece and Husband) on: Jul 3, 2012
- We always enjoyed our times together at the races and visits. Hope you are doing ok Velma. Our deepest condolences.
- Posted by: Art & Audrey Hilderman (Racetrack Friends) on: Jul 2, 2012
- I had the pleasure of working with Jim on Pembina Highway back in the 70s. I also took over his mantel as president of the MPI Retiree's Club upon my retirement in 2004.
The Retiree's Club Newsletter was about to do a short featured article on Jim. I am sorry we left it too late.
- Posted by: Bill Coe (Co-worker) on: Jul 1, 2012
- R.I.P unle gee gee you will missed hope you dont by to many ponies in heaven love you lots
- Posted by: denise (Great neice) on: Jun 30, 2012
- you will be truly missed hope the race track in heaven is good to you say hi to mommy
- Posted by: maureen (niece) on: Jun 30, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.