AA larger | smaller
EMILY VIOLA PLASESKI (nee RICHARDS) It is with great sadness that we announce the sudden passing of our mom, Emily Viola Plaseski on Monday, June 25, 2012, at the Grace Hospital in Winnipeg, MB, at the age of 82 years. Left to cherish Emily's memory are her sister, Dint; brother, Walter; son, Rick (Mike Gosselin); daughter, Judy Weller (Bob); grandchildren, James, Sean and Melinda Weller; great-grandchildren Cayden and Zoey; son-in-law Ken Hoglund (Bonnie Smeaton); grandchildren Kelda and Brett Hoglund. She was predeceased by her husband, Paul Plaseski and daughter, Susan Hoglund (nee Plaseski). A private family gathering has been arranged to celebrate Emily's life. Special thanks to Station 1 at Extendicare Tuxedo Villa Personal Care Home. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to a charity of your choice.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on June 30, 2012
Guest Book(5 entries)
- I am writing this for my mother Verna Lewis. Verna and Emily were long time friends. They shared many adventures together. My mom loved Emily deeply and she is saddened by the loss of a great friend.
We are all very sorry for your loss.
- Posted by: Verna Lewis (Long time friend) on: Jul 10, 2012
- I worked with Emily for a number of years at the Canadian Tire store on Pembina Hwy back in the 70's. She was a great lady! Lots of fun and a hard worker to boot. I still have a picture that I look at quite often of her trying to put a ribbon on me on my 20th birthday party in 74. She and Paul were a great couple! I will always have many fond memories of Emily to treasure!
- Posted by: Cliff KIng (former co-worker) on: Jul 7, 2012
- The Plaseski family (from Rivers) loved Auntie Emily so very dearly! Auntie was so loving and very devoted to her family and many friends. She touched our hearts with her love and kindness and we adored her sense of humour and the joy with which she lived her life. A special place in my heart will always be yours, Auntie Em. Love Linda & Ian McLellan and family (Ottawa) xoxoxo
- Posted by: Linda (nee Plaseski) McLellan (Niece) on: Jul 3, 2012
- Emily was a special Aunt, my memories are of a high spirited woman who worked hard and had a very kind heart. I always had a lot of respect for her.
- Posted by: Sandra Redan and family (Niece) on: Jun 30, 2012
- I have fond memories of Auntie Emily. She always added some flare to our family gatherings. I will miss her. Rest in Peace Emily.
- Posted by: Brenda Thom (Neice) on: Jun 30, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.