AA larger | smaller
NANCY G. SIKORSKI Nancy Geraldine Sikorski (Alexander) bravely left us on July 1, 2012 at Seven Oaks Hospital with her family by her side. Nancy is survived by her Sons David (Lisa Thorn) and Paul (Sheila Laforteza): grandchildren Quinn Thorn and Calvin Laforteza. She was predeceased by her sister Edith Thompson of Montreal who's children Gordon, Jane, Christine and Catherine were very dear to her. Nancy was born in Winnipeg on October 8, 1933. She was a proud member of the PEO sisterhood and cherished many friendships with her PEO sisters. She enjoyed music and theatre often attending the Symphony, Manitoba Theatre Centre and Rainbow stage performances. Nancy loved summers at the cottage in Sandy Hook sitting in her veranda overlooking the lake. Thanks go to the staff at Oakview Place for their love and care. Funeral service to be held at 2:00 p.m., Thursday, July 5, 2012 at Westworth United Church, Rev. Clark Saunders presiding. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Manitoba P.E.O. Foundation Fund at the Winnipeg Foundation.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 04, 2012
Guest Book(11 entries)
- I just found out Nancy passed away. She was a beautiful person. I'm so sorry David and family.
- Posted by: Rod Gowryluk (Friend from The Waverley) on: Mar 26, 2013
- It was with extreme sadness that I learned of the violent and tragic death of my friend of fifty-eight years.
Nancy and I sang together in the choir of St. Stephen's Broadway UC, were charter members of Chapter O/Manitoba of the P.E.O. Sisterhood and kept in touch for many years.
Latterly, our calls were infrequent, but we always laughed and reminisced with joy and friendship and love.
Sincere sympathy to Paul, David and their families.
- Posted by: Jean McDiarmid (friend) on: Jul 10, 2012
- David & Paul, I'm so sad to hear of Aunt Nancy's passing. She was a wonderful Aunt and I have many fond childhood memories of her. I know what a difficult time you are both going through right now. If you need anything, please know I am always here for you.
- Posted by: Victoria Goodman (Niece) on: Jul 7, 2012
- Some of my fondest memories as a young girl were spending time with Nancy, Bill, Paul, David, my sister Vicki and my mom Dianna F. Sikorski. I will forever cherish her warm personality and always miss her smile.
- Posted by: Nicole Goodman Ascolese (Neice ( in law) ) on: Jul 7, 2012
- My sympathy on Nancy's passing. She was a good friend to my late mother Margaret Torgerson at the Waverley. They spent many hours chatting by the fireplace in the evenings. My mom appreciated her friendship so much.
- Posted by: Marilyn Seguire (Daughter of Nancy's friend Margaret Torgerson) on: Jul 6, 2012
- Forever grateful to Cousin Nancy and her sister, Edith for visiting us in Winnipeg in 2000 and for enlightening us to a plethora of Sandham family history that had been thought forgotten forever. A very memorable visit with two very nice ladies. Our condolences to David and Paul and their families. God has blessed you all for Nancy's life and has called her back to be with Him. Cousin Bruce.
- Posted by: Leanne & Bruce Walter (2nd Cousins, Once removed) on: Jul 5, 2012
- May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you now and in the days ahead. My sincerest condolences on the passing of your mom, mother-in-law and grandmother.
- Posted by: Wendy Lussier (former co-worker at RRC) on: Jul 5, 2012
- My sincere sympathy to everyone in Nancy's circle of family and friends. She will be missed by all who knew her.
- Posted by: Leslie Patterson (Friend from RRC) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Nancy was a wonderful, caring, generous person. Her laughter was contagious and her sense of humor the best! I could always count on Nancy to make me laugh when I needed a good laugh. She always took time to listen to others and never judged. Nancy, I will deeply miss you my friend. You will forever be in my thoughts and in my heart. Love you!
- Posted by: Lorrie Kratzer (Friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Dear David & family, our deepest sympathy in the loss of your dear Mother. I am sorry I did not get to meet her. I know you will have many cherished memories. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
- Posted by: Carol Ingimundson on: Jul 5, 2012
- My deepest condolences on the passing of your Mother, Mother-in-law and Grandmother. Nancy and I worked together for several years at which time she often expressed how important her family was to her. She will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace Nancy.
- Posted by: Betty Heidinger (Former Co-worker at RRC) on: Jul 4, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.