AA larger | smaller
DAVID CHARLES RICHTER Suddenly at the young age of 47 on a beautiful summer evening our husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend Dave left us. Dave leaves to cherish his memory his wife Susanne, children Karly (Michael) and John (their mother Shauna), stepchildren Robyn and Tristan, mother Karen, brother Chris (Rhonda), sister Stacey (Troy), numerous nieces and nephews, extended family, and friends too many to count. David was predeceased by his father Arnie in July 2007 and his best friend Clayton Duncan in 2004. David was born in Ashern Hospital on October 5, 1964 the second son of Arnie and Karen Richter and was raised on the family farm. Dave had many talents and jobs throughout his life. He grew up having to learn everything that is expected of a farm kid including building a strong work ethic. David married Shauna Geisler and together they had two wonderful children who were his pride and joy. During this time Dave worked in Winnipeg as well as on the farm with his father. After Dave met Sue, they started a large hog operation that they were very proud of. When the going got tough, the tough got going and Dave faced the challenges of farming head on. Following the closure of the farm, Dave along with his partner Brad Wallin started Wallin industries. This brought him back to the industry that he had known and enjoyed and was so well respected in. He loved the work and the guys he worked with. While Dave enjoyed his work, he also enjoyed his spare time. Camping at Big White Shell, camping and fishing at the narrows and hunting at the farm in Eriksdale were his passions. Dave loved life and lived it to the fullest. There is no one that ever crossed paths with Dave who will ever forget him. Skin will be missed by all his friends from Ashern to Winnipeg, Teulon to the Narrows and everywhere he went. He was making new friends as he helped his mother at her apartment the afternoon he left us. Celebration of Dave's life will be held on July 6, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. in the Ashern Centennial Hall. Cremation has taken place and a private family interment will follow at a later date. Honorary pall bearers are Bill Lazarowich, Vince Lutz, Rod Courtney, Shelley Courtney, Blair Olafson, Carlos Amaral and Brad Wallin. The family would like to thank emergency responders and staff of Hunter Memorial in Teulon, Manitoba. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to a charity of your choice. Arrangements by: Arnason Funeral Home Ashern-Lundar 1 204 768 2072 1 866 323 3593
Publish Date: Jul 5, 2012
DAVID CHARLES RICHTER It is with great sorrow and sadness the family announces the sudden passing of David Richter, aged 47 years of Eriksdale, on June 30, 2012 at Teulon General Hospital. A celebration of David's Life will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday, July 6, 2012 at the Ashern Centennial Hall, with Pastor Bill Watson officiating. Complete obituary to follow. Arrangements by: Arnason Funeral Home Ashern-Lundar 1 204 768-2072 1 866 323 3593
Publish Date: Jul 4, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 05, 2012
Guest Book(34 entries)
- Dave was a very special person in my families life. I still can't believe your gone. We will miss you terribly. Rest in peace Dave.
- Posted by: A-Lynne Kiesman (Friend) on: Jul 10, 2012
- I never met Dave, i had only talked to him over the phone, he was a customer of mine, but he was always in a great mood and only had great things to say wbout anything. even though i never really met Dave, i am deeply saddened by his passing. RIP buddy!
- Posted by: Matthew Gyles on: Jul 10, 2012
- My deepest condolences to Dave's family and the guys at Wallin. Dave you will be missed. Thanks for everything R.I.P. DAVE!! </3
- Posted by: Trevor Boss (former employee) on: Jul 9, 2012
- Rest In Paradise, Cousin<3
- Posted by: LindseyRichter (Cousin) on: Jul 9, 2012
- Sue, Robyn and Tristan, Karly and John - shocked and saddened to hear of Dave's death. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Try and remember all the good times.
- Posted by: Fraser and Joy (friend) on: Jul 8, 2012
- Karen and families so sorry for your lose.
May God's love and friends caring help you through this .
- Posted by: Sharon (Karen's Friend of years ago) on: Jul 7, 2012
- To the Richter family, my deepest condolences. I first met Dave when he and my younger brother Jim hung out in their late teens. Dave made a lasting impression on everyone he met. He always had a friendly smile to greet you. Dave was an exceptional individual and will be deeply missed by anyone who met him. When he made friends, those friends were for life. He will be greatly missed by many.
Rest in peace Dave, you deserve it.
- Posted by: Myrna Little (Mikula) (friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- Suzanne. I'm so sorry for your loss. All I remember is great talks. Big hugs. Whenever I was grumpy Dave always had a way to make me laugh. Never a dull moment. May you rest in peace Dave.
- Posted by: Stephanie (Friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- Can always remember going to the Richter farm and being amazed. David was a classmate of mine till my move to Thompson, but I believe all my true friends remained in the Ashern area. When I visit my mom there now I always watch for someone I might know. To David's family my deepest condolences, for I new what a great guy David was.
- Posted by: Karen Liske (Nee:Mason) (School Friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- I have nothing but fond memories of Dave. Ever since I was a little tike he treated me with nothing but warmth, respect, and sincerity. Our thoughts and prayers are with Dave and family. It's an understatement to say he will be missed.
- Posted by: Darren and Chrissy Price (Cousin) on: Jul 6, 2012
- At this time we are thinking of your family and we share our prayers with you in your time of grief!
- Posted by: Vicki and Jason Hewitt (Friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- To the Richter Family....I am so very sorry for your loss. As I let Stacey know, I have many fond memories of your entire family. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
- Posted by: Brenda Bell on: Jul 5, 2012
- My deepest sympathies to Dave's home and work families, Dave was unique. I first met Dave over a decade ago, since then his demeanor was constant-always ready with a smile or a laugh. If it was a tough day on the road, I would find a reason to visit Dave, first at Dynamic and later at Wallin. He would run out his new inventory of jokes, which along with his always engaging personality would brighten any dreary day. Be at peace, Dave; you made the world around you a fun place to be. Sail on.
- Posted by: Hank Nyman (business associate) on: Jul 5, 2012
- I first met Dave over a decade ago. He remained a constant through the years-always ready with a smile and a laugh. If I was having a tough day on the road, I would find a reason to visit Dynamic and later Wallin so I could share a laugh with Dave and hear his latest joke inventory. Doing business with Dave -he was always a pro, making the best choices for his company while always mixing in some humor. Be at peace, Dave, you made the world around you a fun place to be! Sail on.
- Posted by: Hank Nyman (business associate) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Larry and I knew David when he was just out of high school. He was always friendly with a nice smile and always ready for a good time. Kelly and I met him a couple years ago at the Narrows on Friday night Karaoke. He was so happy to see us as we were happy to meet him again. He is much too young but he enjoyed every minute he had here on earth. Our family sends sincere condolences to Karen and family and also Shauna and their children.
- Posted by: Larry and Karen Williamson (Friends) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Our deep and heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your husband, I am saddened to hear of his passing and I want you to know how very sorry I am. Please extend our sympathy to your wonderful family. You are all in our hearts and prayers. With love and sympathy Terri and Bill
- Posted by: Terri Mac Tavish (cousin of Susanne) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Sue and family,
We were so sorry to hear about the loss of Dave. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. For the years that we had known Dave, he became a great friend, and he will be missed by all who knew him.
- Posted by: Wendy and Blair Moore (Friends) on: Jul 5, 2012
- My condolences to Karen & family. Dave was one of a kind & will be truly missed. I have done business with Dave on both a professional & personal level for many years and no problem was ever too big for Dave. He always found a solution to the problem, many times concluded only by a handshake (thanks again Dave) and always treated me with a mutual respect. People like Dave are truly hard to find!
- Posted by: Joe Thiessen (Friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Karen & Family we are so very sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you at this time.
- Posted by: Rob & Eunice Baldwin (Cousin (Rob)) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Karen and family, Susanne and family.
Please accept our condolences during this difficult time. Our hearts go out to all of you... It was a beautiful summer evening when we last saw Dave and Susanne at the Narrows...we had such a good visit, and we are thankful for that.
- Posted by: Dave Greene & Jo-Anne (friends from the Narrows) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Suzanne, Jerry and I are sincerely sorry for the untimely death of your husband Dave. We know the sadness and regrets you may be feeling and want you to know that you are in our thoughts. Take care.
- Posted by: Doreen and Jerry Demianiw (Suzannes family) on: Jul 5, 2012
- We have not known Dave for very long, however, he was a very special person to us and our son Brad Wallin, from Wallin Industries.
We loved you Dave and will miss you beyond words.
- Posted by: Darlene & Clare Coburn (Special Friend & parents of Brad Wallin from Wallin Industries) on: Jul 5, 2012
- We would like to pass on our deepest sympathy to Dave's Family. We have many fond memories with (Redneck) Dave and Sue from our days at Big Whiteshell. He is gone much too soon,
Love Sandy, Bob, Aaron and Reed
- Posted by: Sandy & Bob Balamatowski (Friends) on: Jul 5, 2012
- So sorry to hear of your tragedy...words can not express our deep, heartfelt sympathy and Caring to Karen, & ALL the family and friends of David. Sincerely Janet & Ron, and all Janet's Family.
- Posted by: janet Jundt & RonMcCurdy (Friends) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Dave was one of the most friendly people you could ever meet, after meeting Dave for the first time one sunny day in Teulon we knew through his conversation about friends and relatives that we had a few things in common and that he was a great guy. Margaret and I, all our friends in Teulon will miss him sadly. Our condolences from all his friends in Teulon go out to his family.
- Posted by: Wayne Lauk / Margaret Fisher (Friends) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Karen and Family, my thoughts are with you at this sad time.
I remember David as a little boy who always seemed to have a big smile and a brush cut. Who knew then he would grow up to accomplish all the great things he did in his life. Even though David left early, it sounds like he lived every day to its fullest and fit a life time of living into his short 47 years.
- Posted by: Ingrid Zacharias (Neighbours as children) on: Jul 4, 2012
- Our heart is with you Karen and family...
- Posted by: Pat and mern budge (Family) on: Jul 4, 2012
- Heartfelt condolences to Karen in the loss of your precious son..prayers with you and your family
- Posted by: Joan Howland on: Jul 4, 2012
- My heartfelt condolences to the family at this sudden loss. 47 is too young! May God comfort you at this difficult time.
- Posted by: Pastor Nancy Walker (former pastor) on: Jul 4, 2012
- Our sincerest condolences to Karen & Family. Dave was truly a great friend & will be missed terribly by us & so many.
- Posted by: Rob & Billie Dare (Friends) on: Jul 4, 2012
- I worked side by side with Dave for many years. He was a very special person. Dave's abilities as our shop foreman were exceptional. His work ethic was second to none. If a customer needed him at 5 am or at midnight, Dave would be there. He had a true passion for what he did and it showed in his performance. I am honoured to have been able to work so closely with Dave for so many years. Nobody will ever be able to do the job Dave could do. I am going to miss you buddy! You will never be forgotten.
- Posted by: Brad Wallin (Friend/business partner) on: Jul 4, 2012
- I met Dave 10 years ago when he worked on Nairn. We did alot of business together back then and became friends by that, because thats the way Dave was. He treated me more like a friend than a business associate. I guess he was like that with a alot of people, and to me that is what makes Dave a special person that is rare, not easily replaced, but easily missed.
- Posted by: Brent Macdonald (Friend/co-worker) on: Jul 4, 2012
- It is a tragedy to lose a loved one so young. Our hearts go out to you Karen & Family.
- Posted by: Ralph & Shirley Sinclair (Friend) on: Jul 4, 2012
- Karen and Family, we were very sorry to hear of David's passing and know he will be missed greatly.
Again our sincere condolences and wish you all God's strength at this time.
- Posted by: BETTYLOU and STANLEY HAYDON (Friends) on: Jul 4, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.