AA larger | smaller
JANET ROSE MORRIS (nee FULAWKA) It is with profound sadness that we announce the sudden passing of our daughter, sister, aunt, godmother, niece and friend, Janet Rose Morris (nee Fulawka) on July 1, 2012 at the age of 53. Janet was born on May 26, 1959. She attended the University of Manitoba and obtained her Bachelor of Science Degree and Masters of Science Degree in Biochemistry. She furthered her education at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology and obtained her Diploma in Haematology. Janet held several important jobs but most notably at the Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Foothills Hospital in Calgary, Alberta. Janet loved animals, travelling, cooking, the great outdoors and gardening. She was a very kind-hearted, fun-loving individual who loved her family and friends. Janet is survived by her parents, Robert and Elsie Fulawka, siblings Monica (Harold), Robert Jr. (Shelley), Karen (Brian) and Dave (Deanne), as well as six nieces and four nephews, many aunts and uncles, and special friend John Boyle. Cremation has taken place. A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 1:30 p.m. at Holy Redeemer Parish, 264 Donwood Drive, with reception to follow. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, 1031 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G OR8. You are and will be forever in our hearts. Cropo Funeral Chapel, 586-8044
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 05, 2012
Guest Book(15 entries)
- Just learned of Janet's passing through the U of M alumni bulletin. Tragic. Although Janet and I had not crossed paths in years it saddens me to know that a chance meeting and a few "remember whens" is no longer a possibility. Janet was a real dynamo in that pint sized frame. It showed through in all that she did. My sincere condolences to the Fulawka family and Janet's friends.
- Posted by: Bob Martin (friend) on: Dec 19, 2012
- It is with great sadness that I have just heard of the passing of Janet. I extend my sincere condolences to Janet's family and loved ones. We met on a professional basis, and I knew Janet for a period of about ten years. She was a very special person! always warm, kind and gracious to all who knew her. Janet frequently spoke of her parents, siblings and family members with much love and appreciation and I wish to pass on her sentiments to you. She is sadly missed! Janet, may you rest in peace in God's loving care. Prayers for strength and fondest memories of Janet to the surviving family members.
Sincerely, Susan Sage
- Posted by: Susan Sage (community support worker, WRHA) on: Nov 21, 2012
- I'm quite saddened today. My mom told me about Janet. So long ago grade 3 when I met Janet when we moved into the area on Edison. There was Janet and Cindy Watson and Debbie who became my friends. They walked with me to school. They where my childhood friends. We went our separate ways in Grade 10. I am so sorry to hear about Janet. She was a very intelligent person. My heartfelt condolences to her Family and Friends.
- Posted by: Janice Panteluk (Chernetski) (Early Childhood Friend) on: Sep 9, 2012
- Rest in Peace my Beautiful Sister!
If tears could build a stairway
and thoughts a memory lane
We would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you home again.
No Farewell words were spoken
No time to say good-bye
You were gone before we knew it
And only God knows why.
Our hearts are still active in sadness
And secret tears still flow
What it meant to lose you
No one can ever know.
But now we know you want us
To mourn for you no more
To remember all the happy times
Life still has much in store.
Since you will never be forgotten
We pledge to you today
A hallowed place within our hearts
Is where you will always stay.
God knows why, with chilling touch,
Death gathers those we love so much,
And what now seems so strange and dim,
Will all be clear, when we meet Him.
We knew you for a Moment.
I miss you so much!
- Posted by: Karen Reimer (Fulawka) (Sister) on: Aug 25, 2012
- Oh Janet, there is not a memory from my youth that you are not part of, from after school at one of our house's to sitting at the bus stop and talking for hours, to that really bad blind date I set you up on, and so many more. Our friendship is one I always cherished, and still have many pictures of us. You will forever remain in my heart and hope now you are truly at peace. Love Leigh
- Posted by: Leigh Campbell (Best Friend) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Janet you were always the bright light of high school. One could never ask for a better friend. You always had a smile and kind word for everyone. I treasured our friendship and should have made more of an effort to find you after I moved away. Only yesterday I was telling my son about how sweet you are. I was telling him about Jeff's car and how mad it made you when he'd be late picking you up as he put on the finishing touches. Heaven has gained a beautiful angel. My heartfelt condolences to your mom and dad, brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces. They were so blessed to have you. Sweet dreams
- Posted by: Lesley Saxby new Steen (Friend) on: Jul 9, 2012
- My dear Janet,
We share a mutual childhood friend Lilita and met at University of Manitoba studying life sciences. Our friends and many interests were shared. I was proud of your commitment and dedication working in Nuclear Medicine at the Health Sciences Centre. Your life brought you to Calgary where you expanded further blood typing in crisis situations at Calgary General Hospital. A true professional. I fondly remember dinners, not just a passion for cooking but the hospitality and love of company. Janet saw the best in everyone and made friends effortlessly. Her ability to grow herbs and vegetables on a tiny plot, her pride of homemade salsa to share with generosity. You are in my heart with fondest memories.
- Posted by: rita blosmanis (university friend) on: Jul 9, 2012
- It so saddens me to hear of the Passing of my Friend Janet my Heart & Prayers go out to her Family . I have very fond Memories of our friendship we shared together when we were younger it was Always Janet, Lee Campbell & myself planning our weekends together the 3 of Us were Inseperable !! Lots of Fun & Good Times back then. Even though over the Years we lost Touch with each other My Heart & Thoughts were Always with You My Dear I will never Forget you & I will Remember Our Wonderful Friendship we Shared for that I'm Grateful & feel very Blessed to have known You RIP now My Friend God is with You & You are at Peace
- Posted by: Janice Sidorow nee ( Greipl ) (Friend ) on: Jul 7, 2012
- I remember Janet and my sister Janice Sidorow hanging out together and having fun like teenagers do. Janet sometimes would sleep over at Janice's house on a Friday night. Janet and janice would discuss their school days and laugh at many things about school. The two girls as I remember were cute as can be and wore the same size of clothes and were the same height. Anyway they had a lot of fun and were good friends for each other. Janet was janice's bridemaid when she got married. Janet was a fun loving, kind hearted sweet young lady. I was proud for my sister to have a friend like janet. In my opinion I thought Janet was a bright girl with a great future ahead of herself and I'm not surprised she accomplished so much in her life. Her education she attained is to be congratuated and all her hard work and dedication she put into it is just amazing. So to all janet's family and special friend my deepest sympathy to you and from my mother too who liked janet very much. May she rest in peace now. Gone to soon. For they always take the best. We will always remember you and love you Janet - Pretty Lady
- Posted by: Diane Kazina (Janet was my sister's school friend and her bridesmaid too) on: Jul 6, 2012
- JANET - MAY YOU REST IN PEACE - YOUR FRIENDS
AT 185 SMITH - MISS YOU AND THEY KNOW THAT
YOU ARE NO LONGER HURTING BUT AT PEACE AND
THAT YOU ARE WITH GOD.
- Posted by: FRIENDS AT MANITOBA HOUSING - 185 SMITH ST. on: Jul 6, 2012
- Please know that my heart and prayers are with you all. I hope Janet will rest in peace now.
- Posted by: Liz Kozuska (nee Wilson) (Friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- I remember Janet as a little girl on Ian Place. I have such fond memories of our time living there and knowing all the neighbours. My heartfelt condolences go out to you, Bob and Elsie, and your family. Take comfort in your love for each other and in all the wonderful times you shared with Janet through the years. Thinking of you at this difficult time, Shirley Augustine
- Posted by: Shirley Augustie (Former neighbour on Ian Place, NK.) on: Jul 6, 2012
- Janet, your sweetness and laugh will be remembered and missed by those whose lives you touched. A gentle soul, a gentle spirit. Rest now, dear Janet, and be at peace.
- Posted by: Lilita Klavins (Friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- Rest in peace, Auntie Janet. I will always cherish the memories we shared.
- Posted by: Trisha (Niece) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Our most heartfelt condolences go out to the family and our thoughts and prayers are with you today.
- Posted by: Deb & Dave Deprez on: Jul 5, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.