AA larger | smaller
EDWARD CHARLES WATTS May 7, 1962 July 2, 2012 It is with great sadness that we announce the sudden passing of Edward C. Watts, devoted father, husband, son and friend on Monday, July 2, 2012 at the age of 50 years. Ed will be forever missed and always remembered by his cherished treasures; his loving wife Kim; his children Joshua and Carly; his mother Sharon; sisters, Cindy (Ken), Melody (Rick), Debby (Paul); and many nieces and nephews. Ed was a kind and considerate man who always went out of his way to lend a hand to anyone in need. His contagious personality and sense of humour uplifted the spirits of all who knew him. Ed had been employed at Canada Post for 25 years where he met many of his dearest friends and acquaintances. Ed possessed an intense passion for the outdoors, especially fishing. We hope that in his passing he is guided by old friends to a paradise, where the river is endless and the walleye truly are greener on the other side. A Celebration of Ed's Life will be held on Friday, July 6, 2012 at 3:30 p.m. in The Salvation Army's Heritage Park Temple, 825 School Road, Winnipeg. In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Ed's memory to The Salvation Army's Heritage Park Temple, (1-204-889-9203).
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 05, 2012
Guest Book(30 entries)
- I was so sorry to hear of this sudden sadness. I just wanted to say Hang in there Kim, sorry for your loss.
Patty Sullivan Darvill
- Posted by: Patty Sullivan Darvill (School Friend) on: Oct 1, 2012
- Both sorry and shocked to hear of the loss of a good man, husband, father and friend. This came as a complete shock for myself. We have lost touch over the years but always remained in my thoughts. We will always miss your candid personality and witty remarks. You always will have the front seat in my boat! Rest peacefully my friend and bless your family with the strength and courage to move forward with fond memories.
- Posted by: Grant & Judy (Freinds) on: Jul 22, 2012
- Josh, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Mary.
- Posted by: Mary K. (Friend) on: Jul 7, 2012
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult time. He will be truly missed.
- Posted by: Monica (Mugford) & Graham MacDonald (Cousin & Husband) on: Jul 7, 2012
- Kim & Family: We were shocked but, realize that things happen. Our Family send our love and support. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Be strong in God. Love Audrey & Family
- Posted by: Audrey Mugford (Aunt) on: Jul 7, 2012
- Ed always had a kind word, a wicked sense of humour, a twinkle in his eye, and a smile. We will miss his cheerful and uplifting personality. Ed will live on in our hearts and mind. Kim, Josh and Carly, bon courage.
- Posted by: Vic and Marguerite Massicotte (Neighbours) on: Jul 6, 2012
- Such a shock to hear the sad news of Ed's passing. We were 'birthday buddies'. Not a year went by, in our younger days, that we didn't have a birthday bonfire in the woods outside of Wpg. Such fantastic memories. He always had a smile and a hug everytime I saw him on my visits home. But there was no smile bigger than the one he had when he was with his family. My thoughts and prayers go out to his beautiful wife Kim and children. An awesome guy who was taken from us far before he should have been. You'll be missed by many Ed. Love Elaine
- Posted by: Elaine Dyrda (Loeppky) (Friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- I work beside Kim at the office and I really miss her this week. Kim proudly shared wonderful stories about their family life - especially the scrumptious meals Ed liked to prepare, family trips, fishing, birthdays, kids' activities and accomplishments. Together they raised a beautiful family.
- Posted by: Lynne Foley (Kim's co-worker) on: Jul 6, 2012
- I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and strength to you and your family. Be comforted by all of the wonderful memories you have made as a family. God bless, BIG hugs!
- Posted by: Norine Poitras Cole (Co-worker of Kim) on: Jul 6, 2012
- Kimmy so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
- Posted by: Wendy Cowley (Friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- My heart goes out to Kim, Josh and Carly... you have many great memories of a wonderful friend, husband and dad. A few of my memories are...Ed's hot car that Kim drove to school, the welcoming hospitality at Buffalo Point and Ed's garlic (ceasar) salad. My thoughts are with you, Love Lynn
- Posted by: Lynn Cowley (friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- Heartfelt sympathy to Kim, Josh, and Carly at this time. Billy Joel song "Only the good die young" is playing. Ed loved his family first and tunes second, he was a great friend, hockey, golf, buddy whose infectious humor and camaradrie will be sorely missed by many.
- Posted by: Henry garvey (Friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
- We were shocked to hear of Ed's death. We send our sympathy to Kim and the children, Aunt Sharon, Cindy, Debbie, Melody and their families. God Bless you all.
I remember when the family would come to New Waterford, the first place Ed wanted to go was to the water to fish.
- Posted by: Linda Watts/Keith Watts (cousins) on: Jul 5, 2012
- So sorry to hear of your loss. Ed was a good guy just like the rest of his family.
- Posted by: Leslie Cartwright (old family friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
- So sorry to hear of your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
- Posted by: Maurice, Bonita and JL Gervais (Friends) on: Jul 5, 2012
- My heart goes out to Ed's family. Eddie was a great co-worker. I worked with Ed for 15 years and was lucky to be able to work beside him for four years and got to know him good, he was very proud of his family. I'll miss him during our 8 o'clock break where he always made us laugh.
- Posted by: randy schierle (friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
- A complete shock to me and I feel so bad for Ed's family. Ed was a class act who always had a funny story to share. Our kids played lacrosse together one year. We worked together. Ed's sister Cyndi is married to Ken a good friend of mine for a lot of years. When I first got to Depot K in 2000 Ken told me that his brother in law worked there and said he told Ed to come over and say hello. Ed came by and said, "So I hear you play hockey with that miserable old bastard." And he laughed almost uncontrollably which he did whenever he told a joke. I had a lot of good laughs with Ed over the years at work, on the golf course and the occasional drink at the "A". I hadn't seen much of him the last couple of years with my change of job and our busy lives with kids and general life, but whenever I did, we just continued on like we saw each other yesterday. My condolences to Ed's family, I still can't believe it. Ed was the kind of guy you just felt would be around forever, you know?
- Posted by: Rob Carson (friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
- MY HEARTFELT SYMPATHY TO FAMILY AND FREINDS; AS KIDS ED AND I WENT FISHING ALOT TO ASSINBOINE RIVER BY BIKE. IT TRULY WAS ONE OF EDS PASSIONS, ANY ONE WHO REALLY KNEW ED KNEW HE HAD A WICKED SENSE OF HUMOR AND WE ALWWAYS HAD LOTS OF LAUGHS ALONG THE WAY. WILL MISS HIM DEARLY. HIS BUD FROM GRANADA CRESENT
- Posted by: John Koldon (childhood buddys) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Living in Kitchener Ontario we didn't get to really know Ed but heard many times the wonderful man, father and husband he was. Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with everyone, family and friends of Ed's.
We send hugs and love to everyone and wish we could be there with you. May God give us all the strength and great courage in the days ahead and comfort us as well. With all our of love Diana and Greg Briand
- Posted by: Greg and Diana Briand (Brother and Sister In Law on Ed's wifes side) on: Jul 5, 2012
- You will be missed - RIP
- Posted by: Sheldon Briand (Brother in law) on: Jul 5, 2012
- I remember clearly when Ed was born, in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia. Shortly after, his family moved to Winnipeg, where Ed grew up, married, and raised his beautiful family, along with his wife, Kim.
Ed was an outstanding son, husband, and father, a man of integrity. He will be greatly missed!
- Posted by: Rose Lewycky (Aunt) on: Jul 5, 2012
- We will always have the memory of the campfire at buffalo point. how welcoming Ed was and what a wonderful couple Ed and Kim were. I will remember Ed's love of classic rock and guessing with him who was singing what. when Kim and Ed were having their much wanted second child I asked Ed what he felt about it, only because of the age difference of the two children. His reply was that the ten years of being a Father to Josh were the best ten years of his life so far so he could hardly wait to add another baby watts into their happy home.
Kim, Josh and Carly our thoughts and prayers are with you
From Mike, Chawna and Daniel
- Posted by: Mike and chawna wiseman (Friends) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Ed was the ringbearer at our wedding and has always held a special place in our hearts. Our love and prayers go out to his wife Kim, children Josh and Carly and to his mom Sharon and all the extended family.
- Posted by: Sharon & Ted Wynne (Cousin) on: Jul 5, 2012
- I have many good memories of my growing up years. Ed and his friend taking Deb and I for a boot in his Barracuda in Unicity parking lot (which is pretty exciting as a young teen to hang with your older cousin in a cool car)or when Ed and Ken used to put Debbie and I on their shoulders in the pool for a game of chicken. Ed was like the big brother I never had, and knowing he is not down the road will always be in the back of my mind :(
- Posted by: Sherry (Cousin) on: Jul 5, 2012
- My favorite memory of Ed was his repeated daring attempts to jump into the family pool from the roof of their home while his mother yelled for him to get down. I have great memories of my time spent at the Watts home. I remember Ed being a lot of fun to be around with a great sense of humour. Thinking of all of my extended family during this difficult time. Our prayers are with all of you.
- Posted by: Lisa Moulton (Cousin) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Kim, As you know, I didn't know Ed, your hubby personally but, know from the stories you have shared how much you truly enjoyed one another and how close your family is. My heart hurts for what you are going through. I just wanted to send a big hug to you, Carly and Josh!
- Posted by: Carmen Bresch (Co-worker/Friend of Kim's) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Very sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences.
- Posted by: Pat Minvielle and Family (Lynne, Ryan and Conner) (Old friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Ed was a very Special Man, on the family vacation here in Montreal we laughed and really had a very Special Visit. Will never forget, as I am truly Blessed having Ed in my life with all the family. Ed was not an in law as I considered him my Nephew. He will be missed but he will never be very far.
Always Auntie I
- Posted by: Ivy (Auntie I) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Our heart goes out to Ed's family. He was such a loving guy and truly a good samaritan in every way. He will be so truly missed by all who knew him and loved him.
- Posted by: Jan and George Brown (Aunt and Uncle) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Greg is waiting for Ed on the other side to guide him to where the walleye swim plentifully and endlessly.
- Posted by: Lisa Kokotyn Chernecki (friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.