AA larger | smaller
ANNA STUBITS On July 3, 2012 after a lengthy illness, Anna passed away at the age of 63 years. Anna is survived by brother Frank; sisters Helen and Vera; and other extended family. She was predeceased by her husband John; daughter Anita and her parents. Anna was born in Austria on April 9, 1949 and came to Canada as a child. The family would like to thank the home care workers and nurses for their care and compassion. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Friday, July 6 at 10:30 a.m. at St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, at Mountain and Andrews with Rev. Fr. Boguslaw Wardzinski. Interment at a later date. Cropo Funeral Chapel, 586-8044
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 05, 2012
Guest Book(4 entries)
- Anna you were one of the strongest people I have had the pleasure to meet and to talk to. We only had short visits about once a month but they meant more than you could imagine. You taught me that the little things matter and that life is too short and indeed it was. You will be missed but thought of often. You are with your daughter and husband now that is where your heart is.
- Posted by: maria cordeiro (friend) on: Jul 17, 2012
- It is always too soon for the loved one to pass on, but when Anna was given her death sentence a number of years ago that did not stop her from wanting to live and she did. Her family and her people were always with her, helping her to live. She had a hard life with Anita her only child passing away from an asthma attack, Johann her husband dieing from an industrial accident, Her friend Bill dieing shortly after meeting and for Anna to be in brutal pain and suffering for years. Much was learned from Anna trying to live under all sorts of pain and suffering. Dieing is not the problem, how you are to die is the fear that many have to fear the grave. Tonight July 3rd/2012 (7:45 PM) before my eyes, Anna ceased to suffer and be in great pain. God took her from this world to no longer suffer here from her numerous ailments. Our lives were Anna’s, since we were there for her till death do us part. It was a long struggle/battle, knowing she was not going to win, but she did her best to be with us as long as she could. Knowing that she was to die throughout the years, we knew the end was at some point at hand, but we could still not accept it well when she did die. As with the Faith all is in order and what was once upon a time (“Es War Einmal”) it is now with the Faith we will see each other again (“auf wiedersehen”). To all who know her we thank you. Helene, Vera and myself will mourn, but we know she has escaped the brutal suffering and pain of this world and as Jesus stated on the Cross for those of the Faith, you will enter paradise when the moment comes for you to leave this world.
- Posted by: Franz Unger (Brother) on: Jul 7, 2012
- Anna, you will be sadly missed!
The tragedy you had faced and remained strong gives me the will. You will always be remembered as my second "Mother". Please say "hi" to Anita and John for me.
- Posted by: Linda Muron (Chase) (Friend) on: Jul 6, 2012
- I will miss you Anna, you are gone much too soon. However you are home now, reunited with John and Anita forever, your family is whole once again. God bless you Anna. Condolences to Frank, Helen and Vera.
- Posted by: Nancy Regina (Friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.