AA larger | smaller
DONNA MARGE IRVINE (nee OBEDZINSKI) Peacefully, on Monday, July 2, 2012 after a brief illness, at the tender age of 51, with family and friends by her side, Donna passed away. Donna was born in Winnipeg, MB July 29, 1960. She attended her early years at Neil Campbell and John Henderson Junior High and received her high school diploma from River East Collegiate. Donna went on to study respiratory therapy and worked at Holy Family Home and then the Winnipeg Clinic until moving on to her dream job at DeLuca's as a sales representative. She loved the freedom it gave her and she took pride in pleasing her many clients. Donna is survived by her husband Todd; daughters, Chantel (Irney) and Amber; grandchildren Daegan, Shayna and Roxton. She is also survived by her parents Harry and Margaret; twin brother David (Shawn) and niece Kaitlyn as well as numerous aunts, uncles and extended family members. She was predeceased by her brother Glen. Funeral service will take place 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 6 at St. Alphonsus Parish, 341 Munroe Avenue. Viewing will take place at 10:30 a.m. prior to the service. A private family interment will take place in Glen Eden Memorial Gardens. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to CancerCare Manitoba in memory of Donna. A special thank you goes to the doctors and staff of 7A West, St. Boniface Hospital. KORBAN FUNERAL CHAPEL 204-956-2193
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 05, 2012
Guest Book(9 entries)
- I was saddened to recently learn of Donna's passing. I was fortunate to meet her while dating her brother David in high school. When I think of Donna I'm reminded of her shocking blue eye shadow and infectious laugh. My thoughts and prayers go out to her parents and brother David.
- Posted by: Nancy Cove (Haynes) (Friend) on: Aug 2, 2012
- My deepest condolences to Mr. & Mrs. Obedzinski, brother David, Donna's husband, children, grandchildren & family. Donna & I became friends at Neil Campbell School. She was my driving partner when we took Driver's Ed. Our families became friends & we have fond memories of our camping trips to the Narrows. Donna was a kind, caring & fun-loving person. God bless you all.
- Posted by: Debbie Jumaga (Friend) on: Jul 9, 2012
- The first thing I think of Donna is her smile, her rosy cheeks and her contagious laugh, our momss went to school together and I consider her more my cousin as we always were close growing up together. My fondest memory is when our families went to Hawaii together and Donna, David & I went to the Honolulu Volcano Crater on New Years to see a concert, she was always so happy go lucky and even though time passed and we grew apart when we would talk it was just like we had seen each other yesterday, I'm am so saddened by her passing and will deeply miss her, all my love to all her family left behind, always remember that beautiful Smile...Dolores
- Posted by: Dolores Barnes ( Semeniuk) (close family friend (more like cousins) Have known her since childhood) on: Jul 8, 2012
- I will always remember Donna's happy go lucky, bubbly personality. I was a merchandiser for several years and would often run into her in the stores we both serviced. We would always spend time catching up on each others lives. It was always a highlight of my day. She will be missed.
- Posted by: Kim Wasylyk (aquaintance) on: Jul 6, 2012
- Donna will be missed by her nephews James and Joseph Hoban and their mother Margaret. We were very fortunate to have Donna as an Aunt and Sister-in-Law. We have wonderful memories of Donna's vibrant presence at holiday time and family gatherings. Donna carried a positiveness that was powerfully contagious, and her loving gestures flowed freely. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to all her family. James, Joseph and Margaret
- Posted by: James and Joseph Hoban, Margaret Metcalfe (Nephews, and their Mother) on: Jul 5, 2012
- Just a note to Tod and family to show our support. We did not know Donna but always appreciated the great service Tod has given us.!
- Posted by: Bob and Kris Fisher Renovations (Business ) on: Jul 5, 2012
- We are so sad to hear of Donna's passing. Our fondest memories are of her young years when she and David were the absolute light in her Baba Husack's eyes. Our thoughts are with you all.
- Posted by: Pearl Persowich & family (Friends) on: Jul 5, 2012
- We are all devastated to hear this very sad news.
Donna was always extremely accommodating in looking after our DeLuca food orders and did it always with a smile.
Our sincere condolences to Donna's family.
Jeff, Morley, Bob and the entire Culinary Arts and Foodservice faculty and staff
- Posted by: Culinary Arts @ Red River College (Industry Colleagues) on: Jul 5, 2012
- To all of Donna's family,
I am profoundly sorry for your loss. Donna was so was full of life and so much fun! I recall our trip to Hawaii back in 1980 and what a trip we had - Beautiful memories!
Donna will be very missed.
- Posted by: Lorie Shmigelsky (Friend) on: Jul 5, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.