AA larger | smaller
EDWARD A. POWIS Edward A. Powis passed away peacefully with his wife Jeanette by his side on Sunday, June 10, 2012 in Cambodia. Edward was born on September 23, 1944 in Winnipeg to Albert and Blanche Powis (nee Breland). He is predeceased by his older sister Lynn (1989), his younger sister Suzanne (1982) and father Albert Powis (2007). He is survived by his wife Jeanette, his three sons Edward, Michael, Marcus and only daughter Emily. He also leaves behind his grandchildren Edward and Amara, his mother Blanche Powis, his brother Patrick, two sisters Georgeline and Margaret, his brothers-in-law Peter Lengyel, David Booker and daughter-in-law Jane. He will also be missed by his many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. A service will be held in Toronto at Mt. Hope Cemetery on July 12, 2012 at 11:30 a.m. In loving memory till we meet again.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 07, 2012
Guest Book(4 entries)
- I worked with Ed in Florida. I found him an interesting and honorable friend. Once he approached me about some money I owed him. I, somewhat embarrassed, explained that I was broke. He whipped out his checkbook and wrote me a check for a large sum of money. That was Ed. I greatly admired him. I would like to have said hello to him one last time.
- Posted by: Michael Miller (friend, business associate) on: Aug 5, 2013
- I cannot believe ED is gone. For some reason I decided to google him this morning and came across this site. I met Ed and Jeanette in 1982 in Melbourne,FL. I wworked with ED on and off till 1992. I always had the greatest respect for his knowledge and drive. I truly wish the best for his family and Jeanette, he will be missed
- Posted by: robert greene (business friend) on: Aug 27, 2012
- Uncle Eddie was a man that was larger than life.. It's hard to believe he suddenly is gone - saying goodbye at his grave was tough but seeing my nana "hold" her son one more time was heartbreaking. Hopefully we will all have peace now that he is back in Toronto where we can visit often. Love you forever - Cammy
- Posted by: Cammy (His favorite niece :)) on: Jul 15, 2012
- To all the family my deepest sympathy on the passing of Edward. Although I cannot be there in person I am there in thoughts. Aunt Blanche you are especially in my heart today and know it will be a very difficult day for you, but thankfully your family are by your side. With all my Love , your niece, Arlene
- Posted by: D.A. Turner (Arlene) (Cousin) on: Jul 12, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.