AA larger | smaller
KERRI-ANN MARIE KUTZAK It is with profound sadness and broken hearts we announce the passing of Kerri-Ann Marie Kutzak on Monday, July 2, 2012, at the age of 31 years, surrounded by the love of her Mom, Dad, Justin and Jen. Kerri fought a courageous battle with ovarian cancer. Her strength and spirit was admired and inspired us all. Kerri is survived by her loving parents Russ and Donna Kutzak, her brother Justin and wife Jen, her grandparents, Nick and Joyce Kutzak, Henry Patkau (Vi), Stella Patkau (John) and her devoted dog Emma. Also left to cherish her memory forever are her aunts, uncles and cousins who loved her so dearly and her special friends Carlea, Andrea (Keith), Laurie and Travis and daughter Alyssa, Kristy, Jeff and Craig. Kerri was born on August 26, 1980. She was a kind-hearted, generous person with a keen sense of humour and sharp wit, with a smile that would light up the room. She was always Daddy's little girl and with her feisty personality was always able to get her way. Kerri adored and looked up to her Mom. She had a special bond with her brother, and was so happy when Jen became part of the family and she found out they were having a baby. Kerri had a passion for cooking, reading, movies and popcorn, Ranch pizza and the get-togethers watching Thursday night TV. She loved spending time at the lake, boating, wakeboarding, lounging on the deck and napping in the sunroom. Thanks to family and friends for their love and support during the last two years. Special thanks to the nurses and staff at St. Boniface Hospital on 4B ward and Caroline and Jolene from NEHA. To Colin, Fred and Rick, your compassion and understanding will never be forgotten. To Brent, Chad and Dale, your friendship and support have meant so much. Funeral Service will be held on Monday, July 9 at 10:00 a.m. at Cropo Funeral Chapel, 1442 Main St. at Inkster. Interment to follow in Glen Eden Memorial Gardens. What she suffered she told so few, She did not deserve what she went through, Tired and weary she made no fuss, But tried so hard to stay with us. 586-8044
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 07, 2012
Guest Book(14 entries)
- Donna & Russ & your entire family
I am so sorry to hear about Kerri. My sincere condolences go to you & your family at this very difficult time. It's been many years since I have spoken to you or anyone in the family, but so incredible to connect with Kerri a few months ago on Facebook, and she was so positive some great exchanges via email ... I arrived in Winnipeg a few days ago & thought I would take some time to go say hi to her amazing family. I googled her name & with great sadness found her obituary. My heart to this family breaks as they r so special & lost a special little girl. My memory of her is & always be a special little girl. God bless
- Posted by: Charlene Hayes ( Beech) (friend of family) on: Jul 16, 2012
- Donna and Russ - we just heard about the loss of your daughter and wanted to send our heartfelt sympathy to both of you and your family. Take care of each other.
- Posted by: Lyle & Wendy Foster (friends) on: Jul 10, 2012
- Dear Russ, Donna and family our heartfelt condolences for the loss of your loved one. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. With Sincere Sympathy.
- Posted by: Barry & Deb Rempel on: Jul 10, 2012
- Hi Ross and Donna. Even though I never met your daughter, I thought of her often. Cathy and Derek spoke of her often and kept me updated with her illness.
I can't imagine the sorrow you are feeling but when you ask yourself why you lost your daugher at such a young age, give thanks for having such an amazing girl in your life for 31 years. Some people never get to experience the joy of having a daughter or a son and you have so many memories now to cherish of her.
May her spirit which lives on forever, be with you to give comfort and strength today and always.
Sincerely, Nicole, Guy, Madison and Ava
- Posted by: Nicole Mastaler (Sister to Derek Jurkowski) on: Jul 9, 2012
- Words cannot even begin to express our sorrow, you are in our prayers.
- Posted by: Marion & Butch (Neighbours on Southwell) on: Jul 9, 2012
- Karrie - your wonderful spirit and kindness was an inspiration to others and enriched so many of our lives by having known you. It was an honour and privilege to have cared for you in the hospital. God Bless you and your family.
- Posted by: Louise (Friend (4B)) on: Jul 9, 2012
- I am so sorry for the families, friends loss of Kerri. My Heart goes out to you and yours. RIP Kerri.
- Posted by: shannon karpenko (friend of russ and donnas ) on: Jul 8, 2012
- Russ and family, I am sorry to hear of your loss, I am thinking of everyone
- Posted by: Randy Peterson on: Jul 8, 2012
- We are thinking of you all through this hard time in your lives. Kerri-Ann will forever live within your hearts and the good times and memories of your lives together will never fade. Hold on to each other and draw strength through your family and friends.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
- Posted by: Shelley and Curt Penner on: Jul 7, 2012
- I never met anyone like you before. So beautiful inside and out! Your strength and love was amazing through this terrible injustice. Always caring about helping your family and friends cope. You always put all of us above your own needs. My family and I are so truly blessed and honored to have had you as a friend, confidant, role model. You gave Alyssa so much love! She loved you more than words could ever say. Our hearts are broken that we will never get to see your contagious smile again or feel your loving arms embrace us every time we hung out. We miss you so much! Your courage and strength we will forever be grateful for. We love you always and forever.
- Posted by: Lori (friend ) on: Jul 7, 2012
- I never met anyone like you before. So beautiful inside and out! Your strength and love was amazing through this terrible injustice. Always caring about helping your family and friends cope. You always put all of us above your own needs. My family and I are so truly blessed and honored to have had you as a friend, confidant,
- Posted by: Lori (friend ) on: Jul 7, 2012
- My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family who are an inspiration for all of us. Never a day went by when I didn't think about you and I can't stop thinking about what a wonderful smile you always had and the energy and devotion you put into all things you tried. I don't think I ever met such a positive and upbeat person in my life. I will take a piece of you with me throughout the rest of my life knowing I am a better person for having met you and for the friendship we experienced. A special note of condolences to your parents and brother who you shared such a special bond with. Special thoughts to your dad Russ who I had the pleasure of meeting and I can only hope he will find solace in knowing what a wonderful person he created along with your mom and knowing how many lives you touched.
The kids were devasted by the news and a few tears were shed when they found out. You touched a lot of people and even 1200 miles away you are never going to be forgotten by our family and friends here.
- Posted by: Paul McCaul (Friend) on: Jul 7, 2012
- My heart and thoughts are with you as they have been so often over the last months. My memory of Kerri will be the blue cocktails she served on the deck one evening when Ken and Mildred and I came over for a visit. Take good care of each other. I hope to see you in a few weeks. Phyllis
- Posted by: Phyllis Mooney (Friend of Russ and Donna) on: Jul 7, 2012
- Kerri, your smile was infectious, your optimism contagious, and your strength truly admirable. You were the most amazing friend, amidst your long battle with clearly way more to worry about you were always considerate of others feelings, often checking on the ups and downs in your friends lives. Kerri my life is enriched by having you for a friend. I love you, I miss you. My heart goes out to your family and friends.
- Posted by: Andrea (Friend) on: Jul 7, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.