AA larger | smaller
DANIEL MARC LEFEBVRE With his mother and sister by his side, Dan passed away on July 2, 2012 at the age of 42. Dan was born March 13, 1970 in Brandon, MB. As a child, he lived in Brandon, Melville, SK and moved to Dauphin in 1978. As an adult, he lived in Calgary, Winnipeg and had recently moved back to Dauphin where he was employed at Wal-Mart. In Winnipeg, he worked for Crystal Sound and was known as DJ Dan', spinning tunes at the Palomino, Mustang Sally's, Monty's, The Big A' as well as others and many social functions. He was Master of the Mic and at his craft . Music was a BIG part of his life. He also worked at Convergys and the Shell Station on Roblin Boulevard West in Charleswood. He was predeceased by his father, Rolland Lefebvre, in 2007. Dan is survived by his mother, Blanche (nee Bechard), sister Monique Lefebvre (Wayne Wasylenchuk), nephew Bryan Robson and niece Chelsea Robson. Prayer service will be held Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 7:00 p.m. at St. Viator's Roman Catholic Church in Dauphin, MB. Funeral service will follow on Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:00 a.m. at Victoria Avenue East Funeral Home, in Regina SK. He will be laid to rest, alongside his Dad, at Regina Memorial Gardens. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Dauphin and District Community Foundation (to assist young musicians) or to a charity of one's choice. Sneath-Strilchuk Funeral Services 1-877-243-4459 www.sneathstrilchuk.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 09, 2012
Guest Book(7 entries)
- I would never forget someone who always greeted me with a smile. I am so sorry for your loss ......
- Posted by: Deb Tober (Customer) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Dan, you were an incredible DJ and the patriots of the Palomino are in total shock of your passing. My sister and myself that came every 6 days to the Palomino will never forgot the conversations we had with you. My sister and I realized that today it had been over 20 years of knowing you. Dan you will be really missed by all that knew you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. Just think about the DJ that they have in Heaven now, we will all be waiting to hear your voice again.
- Posted by: Karen Potter (Friend (palomino)) on: Jul 10, 2012
- I met Dan every other day when I had to get gas at the station. He was one of the most cheery and outgoing people I have come across. It was a pleasure to deal with him and he always made me smile when I started off my day. I did not know you personally but thank you for your amazing customer service you provided in the Charleswood area.
- Posted by: Caralee (Customer) on: Jul 10, 2012
- I met Dan the man at Convergys in Movers Edge working (if you could call it that) for Comcast-Basically we got 1-2 phone calls a day where we had to work for about 10 minutes each call so needless to say we had 8 hours a day to just talk to eachother... or take the occasional incognito nap-we always wore our shades in the building just in case we dozed off but dan wasnt so sneaky because he was a snorer-lol I remeber- he was in a dead sleep when a beep/call came in that woke him up-Dan was so groggy that he kept kind of sleeping thorough the call that he actually did a little snore while he was on the call with the customer -we both laughed our asses off. One thing I have noticed that no one has mentioned about Dan is that he is one of the most honest and real people you will ever meet. In conversations he was so engaging considerate and insightful. I could really talk to Dan for days on end-and did. You don't get to meet many people who are so real. I think one reason why we really clicked is because of his dark and sarcastic sense of humor-The world lost a great little man on July 2 2012. I will really miss picking up the phone whenever I needed to have a grounded -deep philosophical conversation with a twist-I wont get to listen to Dans problems anymore or have him try and figure out a plan for me to live with mine. Times like these kind of make both of our problems combined seem so minimal. I'm not really good at the death thing and it probably hasn't all sunk in yet but I just thought, if you wern't lucky enough to have gotten to know the Dan I knew then I would tell you a little about Dan the man with the tan van. Miss you bud-things will be how they are going to be-I guess you will still only get to watch from affar-still sucks but @ least you are in a better place watching now PEACE!!!!
- Posted by: Jen Wilde (Friends) on: Jul 10, 2012
- Sorry to hear this. I didn't even know he wasn't well. I met him in Winnipeg and he is such a nice guy. I just found out and will try make it there.
- Posted by: Will (friend) on: Jul 9, 2012
- I have known Dan for 20 years. I had not seen him in a few years, and had good fortune to run into him on Sunday a couple of hours before he passed away. Although I am sad we will not get to recconect as we had taked about doing, I will be forever grateful for the hug we shared when we ran into each other and the 20 or so minutes we spent talking. RIP Dan.
- Posted by: Troy Owens (Friend) on: Jul 9, 2012
- My hearts go out to Danny's mom and his family. I am so sorry for your loss. I just saw Danny on the Saturday of the long weekend in Dauphin at the mall. Danny and I went to high school together in Dauphin. He was a fantastic person with the gift to put a smile on anyone's face at any time. Again I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. RIP Dan the Man!!
- Posted by: Gwen Gouldsborough (We went to high school together) on: Jul 9, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.