AA larger | smaller
TERRENCE (TERRY) LEWIS KULCHYCKI May 22, 1956 - July 9, 2012 With broken hearts we announce the passing of Terry Kulchycki after a brief battle with cancer. Terry will be greatly missed by his loving wife, Marilyn Hido; his children Evan and Lisa; mother, Margaret; sister, Michele Ritchot (Gilles); brother, Jeff (Michelle); in-laws Darlene and Len Britton, Margaret Stinson, and many nieces and nephews. Terry was predeceased by his father Lou. Terry was born and raised in Winnipeg. After attending the University of Manitoba, he worked in the computer field in Ottawa and Edmonton until 1980. He then returned to Winnipeg to work for the Canadian Wheat Board where he met Marilyn. For the last 11 years, Terry was employed by the Winnipeg Free Press as the Director of Information Technology. Terry was always a very inquisitive person. At a very young age he liked to take things apart to see how they worked and was mostly successful in putting them back together. The pattern didn't change as he got older. He was always a very hands-on person who would take on a challenge whether it was fixing his own cars, tackling home repairs or renovation projects, or piecing together electronics or computer parts just to see what he could accomplish. In the last 12 years, Terry broadened his interests by joining a swim club and participated in swim meets. Terry was also a world traveler. While still single he explored Europe. Marilyn and Terry then continued to take excursions to Egypt and Australia. Having children did not stop their travels; the whole family has travelled to China, Peru, and Europe and to many places in the United States. Terry was such an easy going person who was selfless in his time given to help others. His family and friends were all blessed to have him in their lives. Funeral mass will be held on Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Timothy Parish, 135 John Forsyth Road. A reception will follow at the church. If friends desire, donations can be made to CancerCare Manitoba or the Brain Tumor Foundation of Canada.
Publish Date: Jul 12, 2012
TERRENCE (TERRY) LEWIS KULCHYCKI Terry passed away on Monday, July 9, 2012 at the Victoria Hospital.
Publish Date: Jul 11, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 12, 2012
Guest Book(11 entries)
- Met a great fellow and his (to be) wife at the CWB. Great guy to talk to. Now sad to hear of his passing. Condolences to Marilyn and all.
- Posted by: Kelly Kitson (acquaintance) on: Jul 16, 2012
- Terry was much too young to be taken so soon in life. Our heartfelt sympathy & prayers are with you. May your memories give you strength.
- Posted by: Evanyshyn Family (Stan, Ollie, Cathy & Teresa) (neighbours from Mossdale) on: Jul 16, 2012
- Terry was a great colleague and friend. I respected him for his insight and his ability to look at a seemingly complex issue and come up with a very common sense solution. Terry was somewhat of a reserved person but he very often would become quite animated and his eyes would light up when he talked about his family especially his faraway excursions. He will be missed.
- Posted by: Brent Leung (Co-worker (Winnipeg Free Press)) on: Jul 14, 2012
- I met Terry in the late 1980's and immediately agreed with his taste in unique cars! He was always a very friendly and calm person. It was always interesting conversing with him as he had a wealth of knowledge in my topics. He was also very hospitable. I remember visiting his house many times over the years and enjoying his 'famous' french onion soup. He will be dearly missed.
- Posted by: Dean Britton (nephew) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Marilyn and family, my deepest condolences go to all of you. I will miss Terry's presence at our practices and swim meats. Terry was always a great help to the executive board and will be deeply missed.
- Posted by: Bozidar Modrcin (MidCan swimmer) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Marilyn and family. My thoughts and prayers go out to you in this very difficult time.
- Posted by: Louise Sabourin (formerly Walker) (Friend from CWB) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Ever since we played together as toddlers, I've never seen Terry without that warm, welcoming smile. I always enjoyed our family visits because I'd get to catch up with him, hear about his latest project, and share a few laughs. How very sad that such a wonderful guy has been taken from us so soon. Terry, I'll always remember you fondly. Farewell, my friend.
- Posted by: Rod Hannaford (cousin) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Terry was one of the first people I met when I joined Master Swimming in 2008. He was so nice and encouraging it made me want to keep coming out. Friendly and caring, he was a pleasure to know. He will be missed so very much.
- Posted by: Rhonda Leger (Swimming friend) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Marilyn and family:
My deepest sympathies to all of you. You are in my prayers. I will miss Terry's bright cheerfulness and calm demeanor. He was an invaluable memaber of the Midcan Masters swim team. I am proud to have known him.
- Posted by: Francie Palmer (Swim team member) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Terry we were very happy to know you. You were amazing in all the projects that you tackled and with those projects you made Walter more willing to attempt our projects. Your sense of humour was subtle but really unassuming in your presentation, to catch us totally off guard. Yes, you will be missed.
- Posted by: Louise & Walter Wagner (friend) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Terry was one of the swimmers in my lane during the MidCan Masters swim workouts. We also served on the executive of the club and when I followed him as President of the club, Terry was very helpful as Past President, often taking on responsibilities that others avoided. We'll miss him very much.
- Posted by: Greg Giesbrecht (MidCan swimmer) on: Jul 11, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.