AA larger | smaller
HENRY KREMSKI After enduring recent illnesses, Henry passed away peacefully at St. Boniface Hospital on Saturday, July 7, 2012, at the age of 83. He will be greatly missed and cherished by his loving wife Josephine of 58 years and their children Dennis (Tracy), Colleen (Matt), Gary (Alison), grandchildren Jennifer, Derek (Chandra), Kurtis, Sydney, Scott, Ryan, Tyson, Dayna and great-grandchildren Kaila and Ella. Henry was a well-respected, hard working iron man with Dominion Bridge for close to 30 years. Henry, with his soul mate Josie by his side, put his whole heart into his family and his home in Windsor Park which holds 50 years of cherished memories and a yard that was the envy of the neighborhood. He loved to be outdoors and his favorite place to boat and camp as a family was at Falcon Lake. He took great pride in building his own beautiful cottage in Auglen Park. Henry's softer side shone brightest through his harmonica or a soothing serenade now and then. He was a man with so many captivating stories who lived fully, loved deeply and laughed heartily. Henry, God blessed you in life and will embrace you in death with all the love and warmth you felt in the arms of family. A celebration of life will be held at Glen Lawn Funeral Home on Friday, July 27, 2012, at 2:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: "Learning to Live Ministries", 2 Highbrook St., Kitchener, Ontario N2E 3P1. LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER Family and friends may sign a Book of Condolence at www.glenlawn.ca. Glen Lawn Funeral Home 982-7550
Publish Date: Jul 21, 2012
HENRY KREMSKI It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Henry Kremski on July 7, 2012 at St. Boniface Hospital at the age of 83. A memorial service will be held at a later date. Longer notice to follow. Family and friends may sign a Book of Condolence at www.glenlawn.ca. Glen Lawn Funeral Home 982-7550
Publish Date: Jul 11, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 21, 2012
Guest Book(11 entries)
- I feel so honored to have known Henry through my sister's marriage to Derek Kremski. Over all the years we've traveled to visit the Kremski's we were always longingly embraced by Josie and Henry. My favorite memory is how excited Henry was to help me and my sister Chandra wash our cars on his driveway and with his particular clothes. Laughing and telling us stories about his wonderful neighbors. He had such a generous smile and spirit. I am loving you Josie, and family from afar and praying for continued peace and rest in God's love.
- Posted by: Lisa Butler (Sister to Chandra Kremski (family)) on: Jul 26, 2012
- "What We Have Once Enjoyed
We Can Never Lose.
All That We Love Deeply
Becomes A Part Of Us." - Helen Keller
HENRY, you were always so warm and friendly to us whenever we came to Winnipeg to visit Derek, Chandra (daughter), Kaila & Ella and all of the Kremski family...who we have come to love as extended family. You always asked really caring questions of our lives; along with Josie, you gave us gracious hospitality in your home; you shared with us of your amazing life history & family through your photo albums the last time we were all together...sitting huddled up on your sofa! You, along with Josie, cheered Derek and Chandra on through many major life challeneges and triumphs in wedding/home/births/family/graduations/moves/careers - for which we were so grateful for your support. You always welcomed and loved little Kaila & Ella - even in your final days in the hospital. For the love and legacy you have passed on - we thank you! We will miss your beautiful smile and joyful presence. You remain fondly in our hearts and memories. We will see you on 'the other side' in great reunion one day soon.
Love & Peace from your friends, John & Gayle
- Posted by: John & Gayle (Butler) Bersche - Kitchener, ON (friends & 'family' through marriage (Chandra to Derek Kremski) on: Jul 26, 2012
- Kremski family,
I am so sorry to have heard about your loss. Praying that God is holding your hand through this tough time. It was a pleasure to have met/worked with you, although the circumstances were not what we would have hoped for. All the best in the future. God bless!
- Posted by: Beverly Versteeg (one of his nurses at St.B) on: Jul 25, 2012
- I remember my godfather, mostly, as a young boy. He lived in a time where men were men. There was a great joy in watching his children grow and enjoying the simple things in life. I also remember his hearty laugh at the kitchen table whenever my parents and the Kremski's would get together. Now you can share a yarn with Dad in heaven.
May Henry, rest in peace. I offer my sincerest condolences to his family.
- Posted by: Richard Gasior (Godson) on: Jul 24, 2012
- My deepest compassion, peace and strength sent to you Josie and the rest of the family. May you be comforted by the amazing circle of support around you and lean on each other. Praying for you all on Friday, as we are with you in spirit. Blessings to you always, knowing that his journey has only begun in heaven. Love Lori
- Posted by: Lori Butler (Chandra's Kremski's sister (family)---) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Dear Josie So sorry to hear about the passing of your life partner. I didn't know Henry except through you but because of that he was obviously a wonderful guy. You were blessed to have the best. Much love and sympathy. Leona McEvoy
Have donated to the requested charity. Hope this gives you and family some comfort.
- Posted by: leona mcevoy (old school chum of Josiede) on: Jul 23, 2012
- My sincere condolences go out to the family. Henry will be missed by all of us who were fortunate to work with Him over the years.
- Posted by: Bob Kozubski on: Jul 22, 2012
- Miss you so much already. Love you forever.
- Posted by: Colleen Simpson (Favorite daughter) on: Jul 21, 2012
- Will always remember his humour on job and one couldn't ask for a better boss. Time flew by when Henry was present. I'm sure there is a special place for him in Heaven.
- Posted by: Stan Kiazyk (Long time Friend) on: Jul 17, 2012
- So long old pal. Was a great ride working for you and the Bridge. Many fond memories and laughs. Often chuckle over the name you used to call me, and the Ukranian lessons you tried to teach me. Rest in peace my old friend
- Posted by: John Lee (Friend and past co-worker) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Will truly miss hugs and kisses as Mr. Kremski would always do whenever he greeted me at family get togethers. He had a great sense of humour and always made me feel like immediate family. He was such a very friendly man and always made me feel welcome in his presence. May God Bless him and give support to family members as they go through this trying time. I will look forward to meeting him again in God's Great and Perfected Kingdom. Love Erna Wishnowski
- Posted by: Erna Del Wishnowski (Family) on: Jul 11, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.