AA larger | smaller
MARKO JOSEPH KORDIC March 2, 1976 - July 8, 2012 Suddenly, on July 8, 2012, at 36 years old, our precious son, brother, brother-in-law, uncle and friend, Marko Kordic, was killed in a fatal collision and went to be with the Lord. Marko enjoyed spending time with his family and friends and leaves to mourn his parents Ile and Dragica, sister Marianne (Stephen), nephew Brandtson, many friends, colleagues, and extended family in Europe and Canada. He enjoyed camping, travelling, and socializing with others; he enjoyed life. Marko was the kindest person, a gentle soul and had a good sense of humour. He will be greatly missed. Funeral service 12:30 p.m., Friday, July 13, 2012, at Zion Apostolic Church, 305 Machray Avenue, interment at Glen Eden Memorial Gardens. Funeral Home and Crematorium 843 Sherbrook Street, 774-7474 Condolences: www.bardal.ca
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 11, 2012
Guest Book(32 entries)
- My deepest condolences to you, Diane, Ile & Marianne. I remember driving Marko, Sharenda and Marianne to Zion Christian Academy when they were just "kids". I am so sorry to hear of Marko's passing. He was such a polite person. I just heard of Mark's passing from Charity a few days ago. I was so deeply saddened for all of you.
- Posted by: Darlene Bray-Stefanko (Family friend) on: Sep 28, 2012
- I was out of the country when Marko passed and it was only last night that I heard of it. I am so very deeply saddened by this tragic news. I worked with Marco at a number of schools in Pembina Trails. I was always happy when I found it was Marco who had come to help with an IT problem. He was always so friendly, helpful and patient. My deepest condolences to his family and friends who have lost such a decent, caring person from their lives.
- Posted by: Maureen Arnasonmaureenarnason (Colleague) on: Sep 21, 2012
- Our hearts are saddened and our world is rocked by the sudden tragic news. Our deepest sympathies and condolences go out to Ile, Dianne, Marianne and Steve and baby Brandtson. We are so sorry that we are not there to mourn with you but our thoughts and prayers go out to you. Marko, you will be missed. Your life cut short far too soon. Heaven is rejoicing in it's gain as the world is grieving at it's sudden loss.
- Posted by: Chris and Erin Mohr (friends (church family)) on: Jul 13, 2012
- Marko was a wonderful, kind and genuine person who will be missed by many people. Our condolences to Kordic Family for the loss. In ways big and small, Marko's life changed our world. Marko left behind a thousand moments and memories that will live
on in so many hearts to ever be forgotten. In quiet moments when the hurt is hard to bear, may these precious memories be your comfort.
- Posted by: Debbie & Tony Batista & Family (Friend of Family) on: Jul 13, 2012
- I was truly, truly saddened when I heard of Marko's passing...A great soul has been taken away from this world and my thoughts go out to his parents, sister and extended family. I met Marko many, many years ago while working in the division at Arthur A. Leach school. He was the guy who came in almost on a daily basis to help me with computer issues that I had, while working with a student. He was patient and taught me all the tricks of the trade. Never did he complain about the crazy issues that would arise, but worked through it...We would chat to pass the time and he told me so many wonderful stories about his family, and it is from those that I could tell he was a devoted son and brother. Family meant a lot to him, as did his friends...I remember telling him that I was Jewish and he said he had never met anyone who was, and then proceeded to tell he how he loved Fiddler on the Roof and how he would make an awesome "Tevye". That always made me laugh and smile. Marko, you will be missed...
- Posted by: Robyn Shapiro (friend (co-worker)) on: Jul 13, 2012
- Dragi nasi.
Primite nasu duboku i iskrenu sucut. Neka vam svevisnji otac dodjeli svoju milost, jakost i ustrajnost kroz ove teske dane kao i citavi vas zivot.Zelimo vam, od srca, bozju milost, hrabrost i jakost.
U srcu uvijek s vama Milan Dragisic sa obitelji.
- Posted by: Milan Dragisic i obitelj (family) on: Jul 13, 2012
- He was kind and gentle and always very helpful, someone you can always depend upon; a wonderful person. He will be truly missed.
- Posted by: C. Lemire ((Collegue)) on: Jul 12, 2012
- I am so sorry to hear of his passing. I hadn't spoken to him in years, since I left the province. But I will always remember how kind he was to me. My thoughts are with his family in this difficult time.
- Posted by: Rayna on: Jul 12, 2012
- Marko was a friend I always had warm thoughts of his Laugh and Smile. We had such wonderful times on our own and the talks we had were deep. He was so deep in his feelings and had aspirations to travel. I was so lucky to have memories of him. He will never be forgotten in my life. I just hope he talks to me in my dreams.
- Posted by: Heather Riddle (Friend) on: Jul 12, 2012
- I met Marko 6 years ago when I started dating his best friend. I knew he was a special person from the moment I met him. I have never in my life met somebody so kind, selfless and happy. His smile, our chats and hanging out with him whenever our schedules worked. He was always to excited to come over and show us what new games and gadgets he had and we'd all take turns playing the latest games. Marko would give you the shirt off his back if he knew it would help. He will never be forgotten and will live on in our hearts forever. My condolences go out to his family.
- Posted by: Holly Guertin (Friend) on: Jul 12, 2012
- lle and dragica. sorry for your loss. Marko was an upstanding guy!! he was loved by all!!!
- Posted by: shelley and jamey millman (friend) on: Jul 12, 2012
- A sad and empty feeling is in the hearts of my family and mostly myself. 30 years ago I met Mark in John Pritchard School, as we became friends so did both of our families. Mark came from a good family, he was a man who make friends with a simple handshake, and kind gentle words of wisdom and righteousness. For men like Mark are not born every day, and that is why we will always remember him. Our deep condolences to the Kordic Family. Serve the Lord's Father, and Teacher with honour and pride, my long time friend.
- Posted by: Mark Feldvari and Family (Friend) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Marko was the epitome of a true loyal friend, and great guy to work with. He was always there to help out when I needed his help, and even more so when it was time to unwind and have fun. His sense of humour I will never forget and probably never find again in anyone else. When I think of Marko the one word that comes to mind is Patience. I could always talk to him in times of frustration.
Marko I am going to miss the newest electronic gadgets you had to show, hilarious youtube clips, odd science articles, unique laugh, excitement for new movie trailers, your kind heart, your stories of your endless battle with your grass mowing, watching you fight with projector installs, your shy smile, our ongoing Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions, and mostly your friendship.
- Posted by: Tim van Rosmalen (Friend, co-worker) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Marko was a dear friend, and was the kindest, most cheerful soul I have ever known. I cherish, and am greatful for having the chance to have known such an extraordinary person.
My thoughts and sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
- Posted by: Eric Turner (Friend) on: Jul 12, 2012
- I always enjoyed working with Marko through the years. He truly was one of the nicest, most patient and kindest people I have ever met. We shared a love of science fiction TV shows and movies and would discuss the latest developments when he came in to the Media Centre.
My sincerest condolences to Marko's family and friends for your tragic loss. He will be greatly missed and never forgotten.
- Posted by: Nell Ududec (Colleague) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Marko made a positive difference in this world just by being the kind and gentle person he was. He earned the respect of a lot of people. Marko always took the time to say Hi and ask how I was doing. He came in with a smile, willing to help with any IT problem no matter how small, and left with a smile. He cared that he did a good job, but he also cared about people. It was always a pleasure to see him because it was a good person who walked in that door. I will miss him a lot!
- Posted by: Kyllikki Ruus (Colleague) on: Jul 12, 2012
- I am shocked and saddened to hear of Marko's passing. He was awesome!! He helped me get the computer and the projector for my smartboard in my classroom going. He was patient, kind and always seemed to have a twinkle in his eyes and a grin on his face. I will miss working with him.
- Posted by: Glenda Broughton (Colleague) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Mark was a son and a brother well loved. As a parent my heart breaks for you. Your family is in my constant prayers.
- Posted by: Joyce MacKay (Family friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Dear Diane, Ille, Marianne and Stephen. We were shocked to read the obit today. We are so sorry for your terrible loss. We are in Calgary and can't make it back for the service but we want you to know we will be praying for you. May the Lord give you strength for this journey. With love and prayers. Donna and Jim
- Posted by: Donna and Jim Storsley (friends) on: Jul 11, 2012
- My sincere condolences to the family of one of the kindest, nicest souls I have ever met. Now he is in a better place...Marko will never ever be forgotten! Rest in Peace Marko...
- Posted by: Jessica Bucholz (Friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Primite nasu duboku i iskrenu sucut. Neka vam svevisnji otac dodjeli svoju milost, jakost i ustrajnost kroz ove teske dane kao i citavi vas zivot. Suosjecamo s vama, nasu kcer Katerinu je pokosila strasna bolest prije 2 godine od 39 godina, bol ne prolazi ali s vremenom postane malo blaze, momenti dodju da ne zelis ustati iz kreveta, ali uspomene i ljepota zivota nas hrabri i tako nogu pred nogu, dan po dan. Zelimo vam, od srca, bozju milost, hrabrost i jakost.
U srcu uvijek s vama
Marko (bez desne ruke) i Marica.
- Posted by: Marko and Marica Paulic (Croatian church member) on: Jul 11, 2012
- My heart is breaking as I write this tribute to such a wonderful man taken from us too soon. There will be a hole left in many people's lives now that Marko has moved on to be with the Lord. We shared so many fun times and had many more planned. Never have I met such a patient, kind person with such a contagious smile. So young at heart right down to his love of socializing, owning all the latest toys then mastering them right down to his never fail wardrobe staples of a T-shirt; jeans; runners and a backpack ;) His gentle loving way was especially evident with his new little nephew Brandtson since the second Marko knew that the little guy was on his way to this world he embraced being an uncle whole heartedly. Words cannot express my heartfelt sadness for this loss. Condolences and prayers, Catarina
- Posted by: Catarina Witt (friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Diane, Ile and Marianne...
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of sorrow and loss...
- Posted by: Sister Dorothy OSB (friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Marko was a kind, loving person who always had a positive comment for all situations. Marko always found the rainbow on a rainy day....now you are closer to that rainbow, Marko!
Sincerest condolences to Marko's family.
- Posted by: Pat Bucholz (mother of Marko's friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- I got to know Marko through my brother Tim, who worked alongside Marko in the division as his work partner.
Marko was certainly a jokester, who as I recall, always wore a big smile.
Although I didn't know Marko really well, he was always a staple at any of my brother's backyard get-togethers. This is how I got to know Marko. A real happy-go-lucky kind of guy and always hilarious to be around.
I'll miss you Marko. Rest in Peace.
- Posted by: Mark van Rosmalen (Friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Marko was always fun to work with and had the greatest smile and a fabulous sense of humour. We will all miss him at Pembina Trails School Division! Far too short a life for such a fine person. Extending heartfelt sympathy to all of his family and friends, Jane Romaniuk/ Chancellor School
- Posted by: Jane Romaniuk (PTSD Library Staff (Chancellor)) on: Jul 11, 2012
- I say exactly the same as Cheryl. I loved Marko. Everytime we met, we talked about interesting stuff and enjoyed a good laugh together. He was the sweetest guy I've ever met. I can't stop crying for how much I will miss him and for how much poorer the world will be without his presence and contribution. I will pray that the Lord keep him in his glory.
- Posted by: Josie Fiorentino (Colleague) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Marko was the greatest. He was always so compassionate, sincere, understanding and loving. I will miss singing in the car with him on the way to camping, the awesome voices he would do making plain signs hysterical, and the comfortable silences that only the dearest of friends share. Marko was one of the brightest lights of my life and I will truly miss him forever.
- Posted by: Tanya Stokes (Friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Marko was one of the gentlest, kindest, and most helpful person that I had the pleasure of working with. His SMILE...was genuine and infectious. It could lift anyone's spirits. Something I will never forget. I will truly miss him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and all those whose lives he has touched.
- Posted by: Tracey Dionne ((Colleague)) on: Jul 11, 2012
- We want to extend our sympathy and condolences to the Kordic family at this tragic time. May the peace and comfort of the Lord be your strength. We knew Mark through the church that his family went to, he was one of the gentlest and meekest person we've know (a lot like his parents, who raised him well). The world was better because Mark was in it, a loss to many, he will be sadly missed.
- Posted by: Diane & Robert Welby (Friends (Church Family)) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Marko was such a lovely person, always smiling and willing to help in any way that he could. Through all of my years at Dieppe school, he was my main go-to IT tech because he had such a positive attitude and was always so kind and patient, both with the teachers and the students. I will miss seeing his smiling face around our hallways. My sincerest, heartfelt condolences go to his family and friends.
- Posted by: Kristina Ellis (Colleague) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Marko was one of the kindest people I have ever met. We worked together at several schools in the division, including Oak Park and Tuxedo Park and he was always willing and ready to lend a hand. Even in the face of anger, conflict or frustration, he would always remain calm and patient - a real challenge when working in IT. He had such a gentle nature and a friendly smile that I'll never forget. I will miss him greatly.
- Posted by: Cheryl Chuckry (Colleague) on: Jul 11, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.