AA larger | smaller
EDUARDO LAURETA FRESNOZA January 5, 1948 - July 6, 2012 It is with deep sadness that we announce the peaceful passing of Eduardo, more fondly called by friends and relatives as Manoy, Manoy Eddie or Pareng Eddie. He will be missed by wife Nita, son Mitchell, daughter Sheldene, granddaughter Izabella Rae, his mother Mamay Conching, brothers Floro, Peping, and sister Agnes. He was predeceased by his father Papay Inggo and a sister Molly. Eddie came to Mississauga, Ontario on May 19, 1976. He married Nita on June 19 of that year. In 1977, the couple moved to Winnipeg. Eddie worked as a mechanic for different companies in the city until he landed at Standard Aero where he stayed for 26 years. In his pastime he enjoyed fishing and his passion was karaoke. He had a deal with his granddaughter that every Friday they would go to McDonalds. He will be missed by all who knew him. Lamay will be held on Saturday, July 14, and Sunday, July 15 at Mosaic Funeral Chapel, 1839 Inkster Blvd., commencing at 6:00 p.m. Vigil Prayers will be said both evenings at 7:00 p.m. with Father Gary Killen Officiant. Mass of the Resurrection will be held on Monday, July 16, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. from St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church, 748 Keewatin St. with Rev. Gary Killen celebrant. Cremation will follow with interment at a later date. Please join the family in reception at the Mosaic Reception Centre after the funeral mass. The family wishes to sincerely thank his family doctor and the doctors and staff at the GD4 and MICU at Health Sciences Centre who tried their very best to save his life. But only God knows what was for him. For online condolences or to light a memorial candle please log onto www.mosaicfunerals.ca 1839 Inkster Blvd. 275-5555
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 11, 2012
Guest Book(7 entries)
- Our symphaty and condolences to Eddie Fresnoza's family. It is with sadness of his passing and now he is in the eternal life with our Lord. He will be remembered of his smile and sense of humor whenever he will greet you, he was very helpful and so kind to others.
- Posted by: Francis Pineda and Family (Friend) on: Jul 25, 2012
- Agnes and Family,
Our deepest sympathy on the loss of your brother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time of sorrow.
Janice & Ted
- Posted by: Janice & Ted Dodd (Colleaugue) on: Jul 16, 2012
- I just know you as the husband of Nita, son of Mamay, brother of Floro, Peping and Agnes, grandfather of Isabela, father of Sheldene and Mitch. However,I observed that you are such a caring son, father, brother, husband. Maybe you did not know that you are loved not just by your family but all the people you had met or know.
Your spirit and energy up to the last moment of your life is there just to be able to assist and help.
Now you are in the hands of our Lord, may you enjoy the loving arms of Our Creator and be the watchful eye to your family and friends. May you have eternal rest. AMEN
- Posted by: Ted & Corie Marcelino (friend) on: Jul 13, 2012
- Our condolences for Fresnoza's family.
- Posted by: TESSIE TOLEDO & FAMILY (FRIEND IN CALGARY) on: Jul 12, 2012
- MAY EDDIE RIP, I HAD WORKED WITH HIM AT BROWN AND MURRAY, HE WAS A VERY NICE, KIND AND HELPFUL GUY. IT WAS A PLEASURE TO KNOW HIM.
- Posted by: JOYCE MICHALUK (FRIEND) on: Jul 11, 2012
- My sincere condolences to Eddie's family.
I had the privilege of working directly & indirectly with Eddie for a great number of years at StandardAero.
He always had a smile on his face, a great sense of humor and always made time to listen if you needed to talk.
He will be missed in so many ways and by so many people.
Thanks for the memories Eddie!
- Posted by: Marcelin Gautron (Co-worker at StandardAero) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Maglamay tayo sa burol ng pareng eddie. Joan and I will be there Saturday.
You and Nita were there for tatay's lamay.
You were both there for Joan and I's wedding.
You were both there for both nanay and tatay's lives in Grand Forks.
Nanay sent me in her absence, to both celebrate and console you and your family.
Rest in peace.
From Dan, and the Dalan Family
- Posted by: Dan and Joan Dalan (family friends) on: Jul 11, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.