AA larger | smaller
GARRY WAYNE LAURIN September 13, 1949 - July 8, 2012 Garry Laurin passed peacefully and suddenly at his home on July 8, 2012. He will be sadly missed by his loving wife Dawn, sons Ryan (Angie) and Justin (Jennifer). Also left to mourn his passing is his mother Margret; brothers Brian and Wayne (Rachel) and his sister Darlene (Doug) and their families. Garry was born and raised in St. Boniface and was an avid Leafs fan. He worked at the city of Winnipeg for 28 years and retired in 2004. Garry was a man of quick wit and a friend to all. He was loved by many and will be missed by all. A service of remembrance will be held on Saturday, July 14 at 1:00 p.m. in the Winnipeg Beach United Church. Gilbart Funeral Home, Gimli in care of arrangements. www.gilbartfuneralhome.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 11, 2012
Guest Book(17 entries)
- Auntie Dawn, I just found out last week, months too late. It was like losing another dad. Uncle Garry was always so much fun, he had no problem giving me heck when I needed it, but he was also always there when I needed him most. You both were the best neighbors a kid could have. So sorry for your loss, but I know that he and dad are together and enjoying each other's company once again. Doreen
- Posted by: Big "D" 's daughter (Long time Friends and Neighbours) on: Nov 20, 2012
- Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family on your loss. Although it has been many years since we spoke to Gary he will always be remembered as a great witty friend you could talk to about anything. Still in shock ad we just found out. Rest in Peace Gerry your work on earth is complete. Look forward to seeing you again on the other side.
- Posted by: Terry and Karen Clague (pTerry cousin) on: Jul 17, 2012
- Dawn, Ryan & Justin...
We were so sorry to hear of Garry's passing, our love and thoughts are with you all...he was a treasured friend [with that great sense of humour] who'll be truly missed...Sincerely & with Love
Donna & Bob Matthews
- Posted by: Bob & Donna Matthews (old friends') on: Jul 15, 2012
- We are so sorry to hear of Garry's passing. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
- Posted by: Wally Reimer (Co-worker of Dawn) on: Jul 13, 2012
- Very sorry to hear about your loss. We only found out today. Words can't express how bad we feel for you. Wish we could be there right now for you. You are in our prayers. We will come see you in the very near future. Miss you and love you lots.
- Posted by: Viola Penner and Lisa Kehler (Co-workers of Dawn) on: Jul 12, 2012
- I am saddened to learn of Garry's passing. He was such a lively, funny man who made the work day go faster for everyone. He was always one of the first guys to pitch in when a collection was started for another coworker. My heart goes out to his family.
- Posted by: S.Gordon (coworker) on: Jul 12, 2012
- Gary was a great friend and a great guy, we will all miss him. I will always remember him at the rink in Ste. Anne and at Cottonwood Golf Course. Great guy gone way too soon.
- Posted by: Norman Larocque (Friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Garry Laurin is someone I have had the pleasure to meet and spend some time with. His sense of humor and ability to spend late hours talking about any subject under the sun was something I truly admired about him. He was a great family man and from having a strong friendship with both his sons I can see how many of his amazing traits will not be lost as he has passed them on to a new generation.
He truly will be missed by many, including myself
- Posted by: Jonathon Curry (Friend of the family ) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Dawn so sorry to hear this news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Garry was a great school friend and my remembrance of him are all happy times. He was a good friend
- Posted by: allan and jackie bockstael (friends) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Just wanted to express my condolences to Garry's family...and say a prayer for them. I hadn't seen him for a long time, but we had lots of fun together growing up on Cote Street!
- Posted by: Rick McKay (childhood friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- I enjoyed his company when I was just a kid, but they are good memories of a good person. My condolences to his family, his mother and brothers.
- Posted by: Richard (Chard) Chénier (Cousin) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Dawn and family: Sorry to hear about Gary's passing.
- Posted by: Ken Schindel (Friend) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Dawn, Ryan and Justin,
We are so sad to hear of Garry's passing. He was a great guy and we had such good times with him at hockey! He will be very missed!
- Posted by: Michelle And Norm Larocque on: Jul 11, 2012
- Justin - we are so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Our sincere sympathy to all of you. May the memories of the good times help to get you through this sad time. We are thinking of all of you.
- Posted by: Bob & Joey Curry (Jonathon's parents) on: Jul 11, 2012
- Gary & I went through Public Works downsizing & employee transitions in his last working years with the City of Winnipeg. We worked together at Fleet Services for a year & 1/2 and then both decided to go to Local Water & Sewer Services. After a brief one year stay at Water Works we both ended up at Public Works Pacific Stores where Garry retired in 2004. I did work with Garry for long time, just a matter of 5 years or so, but he became friend from beginning to end with our working relationship and friendship which was easily found with Garry's thoughtfullness and kindness. Garry will be missed dearly and my heart goes out to his wife & family.
- Posted by: Rick Picklyk (Friend & fellow worker) on: Jul 11, 2012
- One of the very few REAL Leaf fans. I will miss the hockey talk we engaged in whenever we had a chance too. A great guy!
- Posted by: Lee on: Jul 11, 2012
- I worked with Garry for a few years at the City of Wpg. We had an instant connection through our sense of humor. As time went by and we traded life stories we also realized we had a connection through family members. Garry was always approchable and my wife and I had the opportunity to visit Garry and Dawn at their home last fall. Garry you were a good friend. Enjoy your freedom from dialysis and rest in peace old buddy.
- Posted by: Garry Wayne Asher (co - worker) on: Jul 11, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.