AA larger | smaller
MILES NOEL WILLIAMS December 13, 1933 - July 6, 2012 It is with broken hearts that we announce the sudden and unexpected passing of Miles at the cottage on Longbow Lake, Kenora on Friday, July 6, 2012. Miles was predeceased by his parents, Edna May and Ernest, and his loving niece Dawn Brunsel. He is survived by the love of his life, Karen (nee LaRoque), his faithful companion and best friend of 44 years; sisters Clair (Bill Corrigal), Terry (George Brunsel); sister-in-law Laurane Simpson; niece Georgia (Lance Campbell) and family, and nephews Billy Corrigal and family, and Craig Brunsel. Miles was born in Winnipeg, and moved to Regina in his early years to pursue his career as an interior designer. He returned to Winnipeg, where he had a long and rewarding career with Cramer's furniture. He loved his work and many of his clients became lifelong friends. He started up his own business in 1983 and Miles and Karen worked together until his last days. He loved his many dogs. You could always hear him laugh and say I love this dog (Cooper). He enjoyed his lake life, fishing, all music, laughter and joking with his friends. Miles was truly the most upbeat, positive and happy person you would ever meet. He will be missed more than words can say! Sincere thanks to the O.P.P., paramedics, Kenora Hospital, Tracy Stasiuk, and Jamie for their assistance and care. Especially my family and friends who are walking me through this and they know who they are. A memorial service will be held on Monday, July 16 at 2:00 p.m. at Fort Rouge Legion Branch 97, 426 Osborne Street, Winnipeg. A private interment will follow at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Miles' name to a charity of their choice. Pip, Pip Milesey Chapel Lawn www.chapellawn.mb.ca 885-9715
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 14, 2012
Guest Book(9 entries)
- We will always cherish the memories of time spent with Karen & Miles both at the lake and when they came to Minnesota and spent time with our family.
- Posted by: Les & Dawn Dahlberg (Friends) on: Jul 18, 2012
- Miles, even though we haven't spent a lot of time together over the years we remember the fun times we shared, your trips to Vancouver and visits to Wpg. You were a positive & happy person to be around and we always enjoyed your company. You will be greatly missed by Karen & friends.
Thinking of you Karen, please be strong.
- Posted by: Bev & Arvid Westberg (Friends) on: Jul 15, 2012
- We were truly saddened to hear about Miles' sudden passing. Each time we got together Miles was always so pleasant to each one of his. We will miss him. We send our prayers and love to Karen.
- Posted by: Greg, Sheilah, Kelsey & Taryn (Cousins (in-law)) on: Jul 15, 2012
- miles was a great person with super carissma & always had a story or two to tell thoughily enjoyed visiting him & his wonderful wife at there cottage on longbow lake just had a great visit before he passed away my sinsere condolences to his wife & family
- Posted by: jerry kolman (friend ) on: Jul 14, 2012
- Dearest Miles,
I first met you at a family dinner held at Uncle Lloyd and Auntie Flo's in 1976.
I had just retuned to Winnipeg after having lived away for a few years.
You were so interested in what I had been doing and in what I had to say. You made me feel very special and important. We talked and we laughed and we laughed and we laughed. Your ability to energize and to light up a room was truly a gift.
I left that night thinking, "WOW", how lucky we are to have had you become a part of our family.
My only regret is not having known you better. You will always live on in my memory.
The bond between you and Karen was unique.
Something so many strive for but so few achieve.
Your loving cousin,
- Posted by: Larry La Roque (Cousin) on: Jul 14, 2012
- I was his bloody american boat mechanic on long bow. thank you miles for the time we spent together. bloodt precious, eh?
- Posted by: jim stubbs (friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
- Miles was such a positive and happy person to be around. Very genuine and generous to the people around him. I'm going to miss you my friend.
Deepest condolences to Karen and family/friends.
- Posted by: Joel Vertone (Friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
- One of many friends. Every time Miles entered your room you knew it was going to be friendly and personable visit. My condolences reach out to Karen and family and friends. Always a pleasure to be in his company.
- Posted by: David Borthistle (Riverview Health Center) (One of his many friends.) on: Jul 14, 2012
- You were my Sister's rock and always had her back Miles and I will forever miss you.
- Posted by: Laurane Simpson (Sister-in-Law) on: Jul 14, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.