AA larger | smaller
MARGUERITE MINAKER (nee QUICKFALL) April 1, 1921 - July 13, 2012 Marguerite passed away July 13, 2012 at Rosewood Lodge, Stonewall at the age of 91, daughter of Robert A. and Maude Quickfall. Marguerite was predeceased by her parents, and her husband Buster in 2006. She is survived by one son Gary who lives on the family farm. Marguerite was raised on the family farm in the Greenwood area and on October 21, 1944 she married Ralph (Buster) Minaker and lived on the family farm until moving to Rosewood Lodge, in Stonewall on January 13, 2011. Marguerite was proud to be a farmer's wife and for 17 odd years taught school in the area. She received her teaching permit in 1941. She was a member of the Rosser United Church, Rosser U.C.W. and Rosser WI, and very much enjoyed family gatherings and visits from the neighbours at home and at Rosewood Lodge. A service to celebrate Marguerite's life will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at MacKenzie Funeral Chapel, 433 Main Street, Stonewall. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Marguerite's memory to Rosser United Church or Rosewood Lodge, Stonewall. MACKENZIE FUNERAL CHAPEL STONEWALL (204) 467-2525 email@example.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 14, 2012
Guest Book(8 entries)
- Sad news about your MOM Gary, take care.
- Posted by: Larry and Maria Parkes. (Close friends of the Parkes family.) on: Jul 22, 2012
- It's only recently I have known your mom Gary, but having lost my own parents, share your emotions at this time. Marg was a fiesty get up & go lady and opened her home to me on trips to Wpg. with Carol B. You and your mother were gracious hosts. Thank you. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. Look after yourself and take care.
- Posted by: Marilyn Bowes (Carol Balon's friend (her Aunt Marg)) on: Jul 20, 2012
- Dear Gary ~
I am saddened by the passing of your Mother, Auntie Marg. She was a great person; always welcoming you into her (your) home; always interested in what you were doing; always engaged in great conversations about the Minaker Family and its history.
I would have switched places with her to experience the uniqueness of the position that she held as Principal of a rural school at that time in Education.
She was a Special Lady. I will miss her dearly.
- Posted by: Carol Minaker (Family) on: Jul 19, 2012
- Gary, with the passing of your mother the community has lost a valued member. She was a friend to our family and a teacher of mine. She will be missed.
- Posted by: Ron Childerhose (Friend) on: Jul 18, 2012
- Gary I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.....you are a great son....please accept my condolences....Your mom was very proud of you....may she now rest in peace and take care.
- Posted by: annette campbell (friend) on: Jul 17, 2012
- Gary, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Marguerite was a special lady and I have really fond memories of her. God bless and take care.
- Posted by: Malcolm Harvey (Friend of the family) on: Jul 17, 2012
I will miss your mom so much, she was a dear friend to me always and cared for me like a mother. You were all special and will always remain in my heart and in my thoughts. Take care.
- Posted by: Sharron McKinnon (Friend) on: Jul 15, 2012
- Gary, please accept my heartfelt sympathies for your great loss.
During these difficult days, may God give you peace and bless you now and always. Take care.
- Posted by: Gloria Chizick (nee Knight) (Friend of the family) on: Jul 14, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.