AA larger | smaller
ALEXANDRE (ALEX) ROSS 1940 - 2012 It is with heavy hearts and sadness that we announce after a courageous battle with cancer, the peaceful passing of Alexandre (Alex) Ross on July 11, 2012 at the St. Boniface Hospital. He will be sadly missed by his wife, life companion and his best friend Paulette. His three children: Rose (Frank Pearce), Tylor and Jesse, Real (Kathy), and Ronald (Courtney), Beau, Tucker and their mother Melanie, two stepsons: Paul (Andree), Danielle, Lisa, Genevieve, and Claude (Julie), Katherine and Caleb. He is survived by his three brothers and one sister: Horace, Archie (Jeannine), Roland (Marie Rose), Gloria (John) Lajoie, as well as numerous nieces, nephews, cousins and many in-laws. Alex was predeceased by his parents Philippe and Anaise, two brothers and two sisters: Rene (Irene), Edward, Germaine (Hank Durand), Simone (Eugene) Legal, two sisters-in-law: Dorothé Ross, Rita Ross, and most recently in April by his brother-in-law Denis St. Godard his buddy of many years. Alex started his company Triple R Metal, named after his three children in 1979. He made a success of it and enjoyed going to work everyday. His motto for his work ethic was quality not quantity . He enjoyed the many years he wintered in Texas where he made many acquaintances and memories. A private service will be held. Flowers are kindly declined. Donations in Alex's memory can be made to CancerCare Manitoba, 1160-675 McDermot Ave., Winnipeg, MB R3E 0V9. GREEN ACRES Funeral Home and Cemetery (204) 222-3241 Condolences may be sent to www.greenacresfuneralhome.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 14, 2012
Guest Book(6 entries)
- What I remember most is working on the farm with Alex, in Ross, Manitoba, he would even let me drive the tractor, he worked very hard as a teenager, but we also had fun, and sometimes got in trouble also, but mostly I just remember laughing with him, we had such good times.
He was also a wonderful Dad and Paulette was so lucky to have him for a husband, I'm so sorry the end for Alex came too soon, my condolences to all his family. I recently came to Winnipeg for my Mom's interment and said my goodbye's to Alex shortly before he passed away.
May he rest in peace beside his sister Simone, my Mom, I surely will miss them both, lovingly, Jeannette
- Posted by: Jeannette legal (Neice) on: Jul 20, 2012
- To the Ross family, We are so sad to hear of loss of your dad, Thanks for taking James into the Triple R family of work, although it be way back when! He will be sadly missed!! James & Jenn
- Posted by: James and Jenn Baker (Friends) on: Jul 16, 2012
- Sorry to hear about your loss Paulette.
It was always nice to meet up with you
both at Pepe's and Flea Markets and such.
May God comfort you and console you.
Gord and Marcie Kosman
- Posted by: Gordie and Marcie Kosman (Friends (Texas Snow Birds)) on: Jul 14, 2012
- We will cherish memories of the great fun times we enjoyed with Paulette and Alex at various gatherings, camping in Thief River Falls and especially as their neighbours in our winters spent in Texas. He was always smiling and in good spirit, in his own quiet ways. We will miss him... may he rest in peace.
- Posted by: Harvey and Noella Gagné (friends) on: Jul 14, 2012
- I am saddened to hear that Alec lost his fight. Paulette, you were one of my own Paulette's and my favorite couples and I hope you find peace.
- Posted by: Joe Maloney (Friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
- Paulette, Rose, Ron, Real
It is difficult to tell you how deeply I feel about Alex's passing.
What started many years ago as a business relationship between Alex & I quickly became a warm friendship. We thoroughly enjoyed each others company for coffee at Aalto's in the am and working on one of a kind projects for Westman. It was a priviledge to have known him, and I will never forget his thoughtfulness and kindness.
With great personal sorrow, I share your loss and extend my heartfelt sympathy.
- Posted by: Jack Dansereau (Friend) on: Jul 14, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.