AA larger | smaller
GARY LENNART LUNDMAN June 14, 1951 - July 11, 2012 Our wonderful brother, uncle and friend has left us too soon. Gary was blessed with many gifts and we will miss him. He leaves his siblings: Craig (Pat), Diane Crawford (John) and Carla (Yvonne) as well as his nieces and their families. A memorial service will be held at Thanksgiving in Kelowna where he was truly at peace. Donations may be directed to the Additions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM): www.afm.mb.ca/donations
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 16, 2012
Guest Book(10 entries)
- I had not seen Gary for many, many years but he would enter my thoughts often. I met Gary in the early 90s when I decided to return to riding. I always snicker at the memory of my first lesson with him. He explained that since I'd been out it riding for many years he'd take it easy on me this first lesson - proceeded to have me do a sitting trot for the whole 45 minute lesson. Brentwood farm became a second home for me and Gary was a dear friend. I am sad that we did not connect over these past years. I will miss him and I will cherish my memories of him. Sincere condolences to his family.
- Posted by: Elizabeth Skuba (Friend (former student)) on: Jul 23, 2012
- I knew Gary both through horses since we were both kids and also through his feed industry activities. Always had a good word to say and a positive attitude. The good die too young.
- Posted by: Jake DAvidson (Friend) on: Jul 22, 2012
- I knew Gary through the horse community. It was always so nice to see his smiling face at the shows. He would always take time to talk no matter how busy he was. My condolences to Gary's family, he will be truly missed.
- Posted by: Cindy Klassen (Friend) on: Jul 20, 2012
- Gary entered our families lives as my sons riding coach, and then as our friend. I have so many great memories from the time we spent together. He loved to tell a story, and he usually told it well. He was kind, and forgiving, and choose to see the good in people. I will always remember his Jeep, and it's many breakdowns enroute to lessons and shows, but somehow he always got there. He had a huge impact on our lives and we miss him dearly. Our condolences to Gary's family.
- Posted by: Cheryl Wishart (friend) on: Jul 20, 2012
- Gary will be missed by our community. He touched the lives of so many riders and horse enthusiasts by his knowledge, patience and kind ways. "Course & Coffee" was a highlight for me every Sunday. He gave us such encouragement always guiding us to strive for our best. My condolences to Gary's family.
- Posted by: Barb Rutherford (Friend) on: Jul 19, 2012
- I am thinking of you... Craig, Diane, Carla and your families as I heard about Gary's death. I do hope you are taking good care. Fond regards...I know many of my friends here will miss Gary and his love for horses.
- Posted by: Deborah Romeyn (Family friend) on: Jul 17, 2012
- It is with sadness that we hear of the death of long time equestrian Gary Lundman. For many years a coach and mentor to riders in many disciplines, Gary was a force in the community. Our condolences to his family and friends. Gary will be long remembered by many people in the horse community.
- Posted by: Geri Sweet, President. Manitoba Horse Council (Friend and Colleague) on: Jul 17, 2012
- Over these past many years, our friendship grew as neighbors and the sharing of each other's burdens, be they small or big, only served to strengthen that friendship. You will not be forgotten my dear friend and I wish we could have spent a few more days just enjoying our chats on the front stoop. Knowing you made me want to be a better person, so I now carry with me a part of your wisdom and character where ever I go. Thank you Gary for always bending an ear, for sharing a laugh and just being there like a brother. I will miss you so much my friend, as I know the many others will whose lives you have touched. I pray your journey is a gentle one.
- Posted by: Lawrence "Bear" Witko (Friend) on: Jul 16, 2012
- Diane, Arminda and family. I was saddened to hear of your loss. I know the role a brother plays in a family and the gap Gary's passing will leave. My heart goes out to you all.
- Posted by: Barb Olesen (Friend) on: Jul 16, 2012
- Gary was my first riding Coach......Gary started my riding career that I still enjoy and love. Gary's love of horses and riding was contagious to those around him. Many fellow riders were fortunate to learn from Gary and many young riders like myself started our riding careers with him. RIP Gary. You left a legacy......You made a difference.....
- Posted by: Chris (Former Riding Student) on: Jul 16, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.