AA larger | smaller
WILLIAM BRADLEY OVERDREEF March 8, 1962 - July 10, 2012 It is with the greatest of sadness that we announce the sudden passing of Billy, beloved son, brother, daddy, uncle and friend. William was born in Winnipeg and moved to the west coast with his family when he was five years old. He spent ten years in a rural setting just outside of Vancouver before returning to Winnipeg. Some of his fondest memories were of riding his bike with his older brother Bob, up and down the most enormous sand dunes and hills you could imagine on the west coast, and then there were the sand dunes of Grand Beach later on. There was also William's devotion to music (only the coolest), the internet (only the most radical philosophy), a good joke and a stiff drink, his daughter Brook and best friend Carmen. William is survived by his daughter Brook, his brother Bob, and his parents, Rose and Willy. A Funeral Service will be held at St. Vital Church, 1629 Pembina Hwy., on Friday, July 20, 2012 at 10:30 a.m., followed by interment at All Saints Cemetery on Main Street and then Refreshments (to be announced at service).
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 19, 2012
Guest Book(5 entries)
- Lost touch as youngsters when Billy moved away; I since searched for him and his brother Bob on the internet occasionally. I am sorry to find him in this way. My condolences. If Bob is inclined to contact me that would be sweet. Thanks from Attila for being a childhood friend in Langley. Bob can contact me at; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted by: attila vincent (friend from Langley) on: May 23, 2013
- Well, I've only known Will through Facebook for I am a friend of his nephew Matty. He honestly was the one of only reasons I went on F/B. His truth and wisdom inspired me and we could talk and share for hrs!! I will truly miss u my friend! Love and peace on your new journey through the Universe! Ry Del..........
- Posted by: Ry Del (Internet truth, and wisdom) on: Oct 11, 2012
- I can remember William back in 1995 when I first moved here from St. John's newfoundland. I used to live next door to him on Walnut. I can remember seeing Will walking up the street with a long oilskined longcoat. He would remind me of a cowboy getting ready to saddle up his horse. He looked like a cool dude, so I indroduced myself to him in which I can say I had many a fond memory with William. He was indeed a character. I was very saddened to find out about his passing. God bless you William I hope you found your place in heaven Bill.
- Posted by: robin mullett (freind) on: Sep 27, 2012
- William and I worked together at Jeld-Wen Windows and Doors until I took early retirement in June of 2008. His friendliness and easy laugh was always welcome in a sometimes otherwise dreary workplace. He had an invite for me to Facebook which I only returned today (July 22,2012) only to find out the very sad news of his passing. Rest in Peace William, you were one of the good guys.
- Posted by: Rob Brown on: Jul 22, 2012
- see you in the next life, R I P
- Posted by: sheryl and robbie (friends) on: Jul 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.