AA larger | smaller
EWALD FLORIAN DAVID SCHENTAG May 30, 1932 July 18, 2012 Ewald is survived by his wife Shirley, children David (Yuneisy), Gwen and Jeffrey (Sheila), grandchildren Richard and Emily and sisters Doris, Ethel and Blanche. He was predeceased by his daughter Christine. Ewald retired from Canada Packers and spent his retirement working on antique cars, Nash Metropolitans. He enjoyed Sunday afternoon lunches with the car club. Many thanks to the dedicated staff in the Palliative Care unit at St. Boniface Hospital and the Palliative Care nurses that came to the home. A private family interment will follow. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society of Manitoba or a charity of your choice.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 21, 2012
Guest Book(6 entries)
- Will always miss waking up to the sounds of his grinders and sanders in the morning.
- Posted by: Holmes Family (neighbor across the lane) on: Aug 30, 2012
- I was saddened to hear of Ewald's passing today. My heartfelt condolences to Shirley and his family on his passing. I will always remember Ewald's life-long passion for social and economic justice; his common sense; his inquisitiveness; and his ability to speak truth to power.
- Posted by: Randal Schulz (friend) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Ewald & I were friends for the past 25 years, sharing our interest in metros and other old cars as well as curling together for a few years. He was a kind gentle man that would do anything for you. You will be missed but not forgotten by many people. Rest in peace my friend.
- Posted by: Art Lamblin (friend) on: Jul 23, 2012
- I worked with Ewald at Canada Packers, I gained alot of respect for him, He was a great man, Also liked his car hobby. My condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Larry (the scale man) Cottes (co-worker) on: Jul 22, 2012
- Our Deepest Sympathy to Shirley, David, Gwen, Jeffrey & Families ...We will always remember Ewald as a Lovely, Quiet, Respected Man ..and over the Years My Dad Doug enjoyed the Poker Games with Ewald ...I will always remember spending many Happy Times spent at the Schentag Home & seeing Mr. Schentag in the Garage working on his Cars ...God Bless ..Carol Slemmons-Sterzer & Doug Slemmons
- Posted by: Carol Slemmons-Sterzer & Doug Slemmons (Old Neighbor from Consol Ave ) on: Jul 22, 2012
- Through Gwen, we met her father several times. He was a quiet yet personable man hard working with recognizable ethics. We know he will be sorely missed and pass on our condolences to Gwen and her family. May Memories of your Father stay in your hearts and minds for ever. Love Roberta & Brian
- Posted by: Roberta & Brian McFarlane (Colleague of Gwen's from CRA) on: Jul 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.