AA larger | smaller
JOSEPH GEORGE HENRI COURCHAINE 1942 - 2012 It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Joseph Courchaine on Wednesday, July 11, 2012, at his home. Joe is lovingly remembered by his wife, Laurette (Faucher); his children Marc (Shellie), Laura (Brian), Lynne (Dave), Paul (Andrée); and grandchildren Kyle, Nicole, Spencer, Morgan, Justin and Yanik whom he cherished. He is also survived by his brothers, Jim and Hector; and his sisters, Thérèse, Jeannine, Germaine, Marguerite and Anne-Marie. Funeral service will take place at l'Eglise Saint-Eugène, 1007 St. Mary's Road, at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, July 25, 2012. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Manitoba Prostate Cancer Support Group, 315 - 971 Corydon Ave., R3M 3S7. Condolences may be sent to www.desjardinsfuneralchapel.ca Desjardins 233-4949 1-888-233-4949
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 21, 2012
Guest Book(12 entries)
- Laurie, Marc & Lynn, my sincere condolences inthe passing of your Husband/Dad. Joe was always very friendly and easy to talk to.
- Posted by: Anne Wisniewski (Friend) on: Jul 29, 2012
- our condolences to Laurie and the family
- Posted by: Demke Gordon & Eleanore on: Jul 26, 2012
- Enjoyed your sense of humour and many years of devotion to our pool league. You will be sadly missed.
- Posted by: Glen Finch & Sandy Rattenbury (pool league) (Friend ) on: Jul 23, 2012
- My condolences to Joe's family. I greatly appreciated his acquired knowledge that he shared at the meetings. Joe will be sorely missed.
- Posted by: Richard SELCH (Part of Manitoba Prostate Cancer Support Group) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Our sincere condolences to the Courchene family
- Posted by: Norman and Doris Irwin (friend) on: Jul 22, 2012
- Joe, Peter and I see you in a better place with no more suffering. I recall calling myself Sister Charles Joseph, using your name. That says a whole lot of my thoughts regarding you. I thank our good God for your presence here on earth and His gift of Laurie to you especially during the last fifteen years. Peter just said, Joe you are very special and I always enjoyed you. Rest in a well deserved peace.
- Posted by: Marguerite and Peter McLaren (sister and brother-in-law) on: Jul 22, 2012
- Uncle Joe always seemed like a "rock" for the family. His support and guidance will be missed by all. Our prayers and thoughts for Aunt Laurie and the kids and love to all our family in Canada. Blessings to you. From all the Courchaines in Kansas.
- Posted by: John and Jackie Peiffer and family (Niece and husband) on: Jul 21, 2012
- Joe was a people person - always a smile and time to talk.
He was intensely involved with the YBC Bowling Program for many years and our daughters greatly appreciated his hard work.
Our condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Ray and Lorena Reimer (Friend) on: Jul 21, 2012
- my sincere condolences to all the Courchene family. Joe was a very kind man and it was always nice to sit and talk with him at any events that we both happened to be at. He is with the angels now and not suffering anymore. My prayers are with all of you.
- Posted by: Paulette Morrison ( nee Lepage) (family friend) on: Jul 21, 2012
- Joe was always great for a good laugh and was a good man to know. If you came across him anywhere, he would always stop to say hi. My condolences to the family, you are in our prayers.
- Posted by: Annette and John West (friend) on: Jul 21, 2012
- So sad, too soon! Will miss seeing Joe at the Manitoba Prostate Cancer Support Group events. Was a pleasure working with Joe at MTS; his support to clients was excellent.
- Posted by: Dave Kemp (Friend) on: Jul 21, 2012
- Our thoughts and prayers go out to Joe's family. He will be missed and remembered. Had many a good belly laugh with Joe!
- Posted by: Marcel & Kathryn Hermary (Dakota Pool League Friends) on: Jul 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.