AA larger | smaller
JIM SIMMONS On Tuesday, July 17, 2012, Jim passed away peacefully with his family at his side. He is survived by his wife Susan, daughters Amber (Jeremy), Jenn (Matt), Erin and Megan (Pete), grandchildren Logan, Camryn and Brooke, and by his brother Gary (Grace), nephew Brent and niece Melissa. After many years of service for the Government of Manitoba as a Facility Maintenance Manager, he retired in 2009. He was a proud member of the MCCofC, Antique Motorcycle Club of Manitoba and the Antique Toy Nostalgia Club. The family also wishes to extend a thank you to the kind staff at Grace General Hospital and Grace Cancer Care for their support and compassion. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to Grace Cancer Care, 300 Booth St., Winnipeg, R3J3M7. Remembrance will be held on Friday, July 27 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Chapel Lawn Funeral Home, 4000 Portage Ave.
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 21, 2012
Guest Book(10 entries)
- I have known this gentle giant for 58 years. Jim would have been proud to see the tribute made to his life on Friday. His family did him proud! Wonderful memories, wonderful memorabilia.
- Posted by: Sharron Townsend (friend) on: Jul 28, 2012
- I never got to say thank you for allowing me to marry your daughter Amber..words cannot do it justice, but thank you with all my heart and soul for giving her to me and allowing me to join and be part of your family. Love ya always!!!
- Posted by: Jeremy Jeffrey (Son -In-Law) on: Jul 25, 2012
- Met Jim through our common love of motorcycles many years ago. Jim was always an interesting and knowledgeable person to talk to. I will always remember how his eyes would light up when he spoke of his latest acquisition. One of the really nice guys I have known in my life time. Rest in peace Jim, you'll be missed.
My heartfelt condolences to Susan and all of the family.
- Posted by: John Prest (Friend) on: Jul 24, 2012
- Jim was a gentle soul and a kind , caring and very interesting man.
He will be missed by all who knew him.
Our deepest sympathies to Sue and the family.
- Posted by: Ted Harvey (coworker/friend) on: Jul 24, 2012
- I met Jim through his wife Susan who worked together with me several years ago at the Lions Place ADC. What a kind, caring, positive, and loving person! My thoughts and prayers to the whole family, as you remember and come to peace together.
- Posted by: Christine Schroeder Hubert (Friend) on: Jul 23, 2012
- We were surprised to hear of Jim's passing away so suddenly. We will miss him very much but not as much as you will. He was too young to leave us, but at least he did not have to suffer.
- Posted by: John & Rita Zabarylo (friends) on: Jul 23, 2012
- I met Jim about 40 years ago when we were both very young. He was always great fun to be with, a great dance partner, and a source of much information. He had this thing he used to say all the time that is better left off this page but I'm sure all who knew him know what I'm talking about. Although over the years we have pretty much lost contact Jim will always hold a special place in my memories and in my heart. My condolences to his family.
- Posted by: Lori Fredborg (Friend) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Sad indeed. 15 years ago I met Jim while working at Headingley jail after the riots. At first glance I was sure the inmates were still in control when I arrived. I soon found out how wrong I was as Jim proved to be a wealth of information and experience for me right up until his passing. I appreciate all his guidance and friendship on the Women's jail and all the advancements at Milner Ridge. Jim was one of a kind. Cheers
- Posted by: Wayne Armstrong (Colleague) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Jim was my supervisor within the government and I worked with him for a number of years, his Intellect will be greatly missed by myself and others.
God bless you Jim and I hope you have found peace.
- Posted by: Mike Popovic (Co-worker) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Our condolences to the Simmons family. Jim was a good man & will be missed by all that knew him.
- Posted by: Al & Jan Necsefor (Co-workers / friends) on: Jul 22, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.