AA larger | smaller
LEE DAVID ZINYK It is with deep sadness the family announces the sudden passing of Lee on July 16, 2012. He leaves to mourn his passing his parents, Dave and Cindy Zinyk, brother Reid (Amanda) Zinyk, niece Makaela and nephew Nixon, as well as numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, and his paternal grandparents. Memorial Service will be held on Monday, July 23, at 2:00 p.m. at Cropo Funeral Chapel, 1442 Main Street. 586-8044
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 21, 2012
Guest Book(15 entries)
- May this express at least in part sincere appreciation for all of your condolences. Lee was a very special person and will be greatly missed by all of his family and friends. Our hearts ache since God took him home.
- Posted by: Cindy (Mother to Lee) on: Aug 15, 2012
- Cindy, So sorry for your loss! My deepest condolences to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
- Posted by: Jeannine Smith ((formerly at CMHC)) on: Aug 14, 2012
- He was a very special person ( I remember a conversation we had had just after your Mom passed in her living room) and was super great towards Evan (when he was a little guy); it's unfortunate how things came to be. He will be missed by so many, as was evident by the sheer volume of people at the funeral. As one Mother to another, my heart aches for your loss.
- Posted by: Kimberley J. Hourie & family on: Jul 30, 2012
- OMG Cindy I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, my heart is saddened. Please know God is there in every way possible. Again Deeply sorry
- Posted by: Patrick Picklyk (childhood friend of Cindy) on: Jul 24, 2012
- Cindy, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Lee. My heart & prayers go out to you all.
- Posted by: Pat Wood (Worked with Cindy at CMHC) on: Jul 24, 2012
- Dave & Cindy and members of the Zinyk family, we're sending our love and prayers for you at this very sad time of the loss of your son Lee. You are in our thoughts. Bev, Rob Nelson & children Amy & Neil.
- Posted by: Bev Nelson ((2nd Cousin to David)) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Lee was a beautiful, blonde boy as an 8 year old. He was a boys' boy, had lots of friends and was never mean. In high school we met up again and laughed about being his Grade 3 teacher. Years later we had mutual friends on Facebook and I caught up with his life again. It is with utter disbelief that I offer my sincere condolences. Lee was so respectful and sincere. It is impossible to accept his death at such a young age. I always wanted to have a son like him.
- Posted by: Diane Peters (Teacher in Grade 3 and Grade 9) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Very sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to you.
- Posted by: Victor Spigelman (Friend) on: Jul 23, 2012
- I am beyond shocked to hear of the passing of Lee. I knew Lee since we were both small children as our Dads were good friends. Through the years we have lost contact, but it still saddens me to hear of this. My condolences to everyone.
Love Candace Kyrzyk and Family
- Posted by: Candace Kyrzyk (Past Family Friend) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Dave, Cindy, Reid and all the Zinyk family, we're so sorry to hear of the loss of Lee. Our hearts and prayers go out to you all--
- Posted by: lucy and gerry haines on: Jul 23, 2012
- Cindy - Unfortunately I am not able to attend the funeral, but would like to pass on my condolences to you and your family.
- Posted by: Marlene Quesnel (former co-worker from CMHC) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Dave and Cindy, my most sincere condolences on the untimely loss of your son Lee. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
- Posted by: Betty Kupskay (Friend of parents) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Dear Dave and Cindy, Glen and I wish to send all our Love to you at this very sad time, we are so very sorry for the loss of your Loving son. Having two sons of our own, we understand how painful this is for you. God will care for him with all his Loving grace.
- Posted by: Diane Dong (second cousin to David) on: Jul 22, 2012
- Lee was a driver for the agency which I am a foster parent with. He picked up and drove the two children I had in my home to school everday. I only knew him for a few short months but in that short time I could tell he was a really special person. The kids ADORED him!! Lee will be missed by many!
Anyway, I just wanted to say that my heart & thoughts are with his family. His parents should be VERY proud they raised such a great young man.... And I'm sure they are ;) xo
- Posted by: Melissa on: Jul 21, 2012
- Cindy, you know I am so sorry for the loss of Lee. It hasn't been 2 yrs since I lost Ryan and I feel your pain. Please know that I am here for you whenever you need me.
Love and hugs..xoxo
- Posted by: Darlene Rhodes (Cousin) on: Jul 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.