AA larger | smaller
ROBERT (BOB) DOUGLAS SCOTT Bob Scott died peacefully in the early morning of July 20, 2012 after a long and courageous battle with cancer with his family by his side. Bob was 78 years old and married to Shirley for 58 years. Bob is also survived by his children, Bob (Lorraine), Lynn (Daren) Cranna, Lisa (Butch), Cathy (Bryan) Wiebe; six grandchildren BreAnne, Trystyn, Chase, Lee, Anastasia, and Ferron. The family would like to thank the staff of the St. Boniface palliative care unit! Your kindness and care to our family was wonderful. Memorial service will be held on Tuesday, July 24 at 2:00 p.m. at Neil Bardal Funeral Centre, 3030 Notre Dame Ave. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Winnipeg Harvest, 1085 Winnipeg Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0S2 or a charity of your choice. NEIL BARDAL FUNERAL CENTRE (204) 949-2200 (in Gimli 642-7124) nbardal.mb.ca
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 21, 2012
Guest Book(7 entries)
- Our condolences to Shirley and family. They came out to Alberta passing thru to BC after Mike and I were married ( 1987) and stopped in for a visit. Wonderful people!
Mike spoke of him fondly!
Although it's difficult to see beyond the sorrow
May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
- Posted by: Elaine Needham (Wife of Mike Needham(Bob/s nephew) Ted's son) on: Dec 19, 2012
- Enjoyed working with Bob. He always treated everyone who came to speak to him in an upfront manner.
- Posted by: Blake Dunn (Worked with Bob at Police Department) on: Dec 11, 2012
- "Uncle" Bob Scott was my beloved grandfather's (John Hamm) dear friend. When I was a little girl, I was very shy, but I loved when "Uncle Bob" came to visit. He had sparkly eyes and a huge smile and the best laugh. I am very sorry for his family's loss. :( He was a very wonderful man.
- Posted by: Kirsten on: Oct 15, 2012
- I will always remember Bob for his art. As a child I remember him drawing and I always tried to do the same, but I never measured up. When I got older, I always wanted to see if he continued his art and when visiting Shirl and him I was lucky enough to receive a couple of his paintings. I will always treasure these. Bob was always one of my favorite cousins and I will miss him a great deal.
- Posted by: Louisa Rowland (Cousin) on: Jul 24, 2012
- Dad was a proud grandfather having flown both myself and my sister to Wpg. when we were 8 and 10 for a full two week full schedule of excitement everyday which included, sailing on the Dreamer, roller blading, bike riding, playing at the beach, didn't miss doing anything on our vacation. Daren purchased dad's first Honda Goldwing where dad flew out to Kamloops to ride it back to Winnipeg. The beginning of another great adventure he had a passion for. Great FIL and a loving dad. We will all miss him very much
- Posted by: Daren, Lynne, Chase & Lee Cranna (Son in Law, Daughter, Grandson, Grandaughter) on: Jul 23, 2012
- My condolences to Shirley and family.
- Posted by: Ray Morris (old friend from Sturgeon Creek) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Bob, you taught me to golf, sail and enjoy all that life has to offer - despite any adversity that stands in the way. You also supported me through the most trying times of my life. I regret that I could not be there for you in yours. Shaun
- Posted by: Shaun Gauthier (Friend) on: Jul 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.