AA larger | smaller
KENNETH HENRI CUSSON February 17, 1940 - July 18, 2012 It is with great sadness that the family announces the passing of Kenneth Cusson at the Health Sciences Centre, with family by his side, at the age of 72. Kenneth was previously deceased by his parents Albert and Eva; and left to cherish his memory are his loving wife of 45 years, Martha, his sons Bradley (Carol), Geoffrey (Kristin), grandsons Jackson and Hudson, and his brother Gary (Betty); also his many in-laws and numerous nieces, nephews and wonderful friends. Ken grew up and lived in South Winnipeg where he graduated from Glenlawn Collegiate and attended the University of Manitoba. He eventually went on to become a successful businessman in partnership with his brother Gary at Allied TV. His career allowed him to travel around the world and he was very fond of all of his employees and work associates that he met along the way. He was a member and former President of the Fort Garry Rotary which allowed him to meet people and help others. These were two things that he was great at doing. His last venture was in partnership with his sons for the past 15 years at GA Cabling where he passed the torch to his boys. He was affectionately known as a big man in both stature and in heart. He always had a story to tell or a joke to make you laugh. If you needed help he was the guy you could always count on to help in any way that he could. He was both a mentor and second dad to many and everyone was always welcome in his home. He was a genuine, fun loving, patient man who loved and appreciated the simple pleasures of life. Most of Ken's friendships were forged back in early childhood and lasted till now. Anyone who met Ken usually remembered him and there has been an incredible outpouring of support from everyone - usually accompanied by a wonderful story. Ken's greatest accomplishment and passion, by far, was his family. He was a wonderful husband and a very proud father who created many memories that will forever remain in their hearts. He built a family cottage at Lake of the Woods and the family spent numerous years there boating, snowmobiling, exploring and entertaining friends and family. His Echo Bay gang will always remember the good times which included playing poker well into the night and being awoken early in the morning by his music being played out across the lake. One of his most important and rewarding roles in recent times was being a Grandpa. Whether it was endless hours of bouncing kids on his lap, playing computer games, chauffeuring to and from school, building bicycles, toys and anything else they threw his way, he loved every moment of it. We would like to thank Dr. Ade and his wonderful staff at CancerCare as well as the cookie and coffee ladies and the staff on the GA 4 ward at Health Sciences Centre. As per his wishes cremation has taken place and a private funeral was held for the family on Tuesday, July 25 at Green Acres Cemetery. In honour of this incredible man the family will be having a Celebration of Life at the St. Boniface Golf Course on September 23, 2012 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Manitoba Cancer Society or another charity of your choice. Any enquires in regards to the Celebration of Life or kind words can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Give my memories, my love as gifts, And do not mourn that I have gone, Just keep my love in our children's hearts, And you will know that I live on. GREEN ACRES Funeral Home and Cemetery (204) 222-3241 Condolences may be sent to www.greenacresfuneralhome.com
Publish Date: Jul 28, 2012
KENNETH HENRI CUSSON It is with sadness that the family announces the passing of Kenneth Cusson at the Health Science Centre, with family by his side, on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at the age of 72 years. As per Ken's wishes cremation has taken place. The full obituary will follow in the Saturday, July 28, 2012 edition of The Winnipeg Free Press with the date and time of the Celebration of Life. GREEN ACRES Funeral Home and Cemetery (204) 222-3241 Condolences may be sent to www.greenacresfuneralhome.com
Publish Date: Jul 21, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 28, 2012
Guest Book(14 entries)
- From my first stereo at Allied TV to the numerous encounters during our paths in life, I have always enjoyed our random meetings. Rest in peace my friend.
- Posted by: Barrie Flemington (friend) on: Sep 17, 2012
- Cheers Ken, I'll never forget you bud.
- Posted by: randy genyk (former work associate) on: Jul 30, 2012
- We are Sorry for your loss Ken was a real nice guy with a great sense of humor. We were fortunate to have spent a week with Ken in Cuba and had many good laughs.....especially the "Hedge Bench" I will never forget that moment. RIP Ken
- Posted by: Brent Prusak, Stephanie Schultz (Friend & Business assoc.) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Uncle Ken was a generous kind person that I am blessed to have known.
- Posted by: Pam Reich (Niece) on: Jul 30, 2012
- I'm so sorry to hear of Ken's passing. We worked on many projects together and I always valued his honesty. He was truly an expert in his field. I always felt like I was dealing with a friend rather than a contractor. He will be greatly missed. My condolences to Brad, Geoff and the Family.
- Posted by: Dawn Kraychuk (Work) on: Jul 28, 2012
- My thoughts and prayers are with you Martha You will find comfort in remembering the good times you shared.
- Posted by: Gladys Haldane-Wilsone (friend) on: Jul 28, 2012
- Ken and Martha were good friends when we lived in Winnipeg, Ken loved life and lived it to the max everyday. I remember when he was building their cottage at the lake near Kenora and the road to it. Out prayers go out to Martha and the boys, we'll be in Winnipeg the end of August and hope to see Martha.
Gary and Gladys Jones
- Posted by: Gary and Gladys Jones (Friend) on: Jul 25, 2012
- I met Ken through work and always enjoyed meeting and talking to the "Gentle Giant", he will be truly missed.
- Posted by: Andy Fredborg (Business Associate) on: Jul 25, 2012
- Ken and My Father were business partners for years. I met Ken in 1965 (I was 9) when he worked for Allied Television on Sargent Avenue. His sense of humor and enjoyment for life were always evident. He will be missed by all who came in contact with him. Does anyone remember his 1966 Satelite ?
- Posted by: Chuck Haldane-Wilsone (Friend) on: Jul 23, 2012
- Many great memories, especially Echo Bay.
Life passes oh so quickly. OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU Martha and family.
Walt. Anne in Victoria BC
- Posted by: Walt & Anne Hiebert (Friend) on: Jul 22, 2012
- Such a lovely man. I don't remember a time where he and Gord were not laughing and cracking jokes. Lots of good memories at the auctions and VRS on Pembina. My thoughts are with his loved ones.
- Posted by: Erin Ivory (family friend) on: Jul 22, 2012
- Worked for Ken for many years. Just a great guy, a great boss,
and learned a lot from Ken. Thought of him often, always enjoyed his sense of humour. We had many good times together.
Thanks for the memories. Paul & Darlene
- Posted by: Paul & Darlene Fillion (Old Friends) on: Jul 21, 2012
- Ken was an awesome man & so intelligent. If I needed or wanted to know something I would just send an e-mail Ken and I knew that he knew about it and could give me all the information about the subject. He was more than a friend, I could go to him when I was concerned about my sister and he would help by reassuring me & supporting me. He wrote me a wonderful note after my sister's hospitalization on how poorly she had been cared for. He was furious. I kept that letter. He had the same cancer as my sister Maggie. Multiple Myeloma ) He was kind, giving, forgiving, and had such a great sense of humor. I had to ask myself, why do the good always have to die way too soon. God has plans for him. He needed another strong angel to help thos4e in need here on earth. I believe he is in a better place looking down on his wife Martha, His sons Jeoff & Brad and his grand-sons. He loved them so dearly. I can only imagine how much they will miss him. I will miss talking to him on e-mail & sending him jokes. Most of all I will miss seeing him once in a while at Maggie's & Dick's house. Rest in Peace my friend & thank you for all you have done for my family.
- Posted by: Helen Torchia (Friends) on: Jul 21, 2012
- Uncle Ken was so loved & respected by all who knew him, ( & had the gift of having him in their/our lives) He was my Godfather & my parents best friend.
Uncle Ken was such a special, loyal, giving, intelligent man. A gentle, big hearted, "giant" :)
He was an incredible husband, father, brother, grandfather, friend & uncle. His passing will create a HUGE VOID in all who loved him, lives.
I pray that all the beautiful memories he brought into the lives of his family & friends, bring some peace into their hearts & a smile to their faces. We need to remember the times this precious man made us laugh :)
WE LOVE YOU CUSSON'S !!
Much love, respect & sorrow,
Kera Leask Prymak ( & family )
- Posted by: Kera Leask Prymak (Goddaughter ) on: Jul 21, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.