AA larger | smaller
VIRGINIA (GINNY) ZUBRISKI At the age of 56 years, Ginny Zubriski, formerly of Arborg, MB, passed away suddenly on Monday, July 23, 2012 after a courageous battle with cancer. Ginny was predeceased by her parents Michael and Mary Zubriski and a brother Ted. Ginny leaves to mourn her loving husband John Topolnicki; brothers Gerald Michaels (Veronica), Lloyd Zubriski (Marie), Jim Zubriski, Bernie Zubriski (Anne), Doug Zubriski (Wanda), Charlie Zubriski; sisters Joyce Pich (Don), Marlene Clarke and Ruby Barry (John) as well as numerous nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. Ginny was born in Arborg, MB and upon graduation moved to Winnipeg, MB where she was employed in management in the hospitality industry at the Winnipeg Inn, Holiday Inn, Marlborough Inn and Sheraton Hotel where she had made many friends and acquaintances. She most recently was self-employed with her husband in property management in Winnipeg. Ginny was a hard worker who gave her all in everything she did. She was kind and considerate and always put others first. Ginny loved nature, animals and enjoyed travel. She will be sadly missed and fondly remembered by all those who had the privilege and honour of knowing her. In accordance with Ginny's wishes, cremation has taken place. A family gathering will be held on Saturday, July 28 at 2:00 p.m. at the family farm in Vidir, MB. A memorial marker, in remembrance of Ginny, will be placed at Hayek Cemetery in Vidir. This poem is from Ginny's youth. The Raindrops The raindrops falling on the window Are falling from the sky, The Lord God sent them down here. To see that you don't sigh. Flowers are gratefully accepted. Cropo Funeral Chapel, 586-8044
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 28, 2012
Guest Book(8 entries)
- Its always worst when you put off visiting then suddenly it's too late. You will be greatly missed
- Posted by: Cynthia (Niece ) on: Jan 4, 2013
- I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH JENNY & HOPED TO SEE HER AGAIN BUT I WAS SHOCKED TO HEAR OF HER PASSING-MY SYMPATHY TO HER FAMILY. I HAVE GOOD MEM0RIES OF HIGH SCHOOL YEARS......R.I.P....GAIL
- Posted by: GAIL neePIDBORCHYNSKI (co-student) on: Aug 12, 2012
- I am really sorry to hear that Ginny has passed away, we worked together at Uncles for some time. It was always a pleasure to come to work and always see Ginny's wonderful smile and she was always so upbeat. She is a real gem, my condolences to her family and friends.
- Posted by: Rick Ford (Friend Co worker) on: Jul 31, 2012
- Sorry to hear of Virgina's passing. My sympathy to the family.
- Posted by: Grace Chudyk (cousin) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Worked with Ginny in the summer of 1981, at the Holiday Inn. Very classy and respectful lady. We connected because I also came from a large family of 11 siblings. My deepest sympathy to her family.
- Posted by: Edward (Friend) on: Jul 29, 2012
- It is always tragic to hear about the passing of an old friend - I am so sorry. I, too, worked with Ginny at Uncle's many years ago - I was always amazed at the ease with which such a tiny person like her could handle the weight of the load on her tray but also manage to make her way through the crowds with such grace. And, yes, we all shared some great times and adventures filled with an abundance of fun. My sincerest condolences to the family - she will be missed. May she rest in peace.
- Posted by: Vicki (Stevens) on: Jul 29, 2012
- I am so sorry and shocked to here of Ginny's death. Ginny and I worked together at Uncles many years ago. We had many great times and shared alot of adventures. Whatever Ginny set out to do she did it to the nines! Our thoughts go out to her family. It is so hard to lose a loved one, only time and the memories will help with the deep feeling of loss. Gone much too soon. She will always be remembered. Respectfully, Joy Teron& Andy Knelsen
- Posted by: Joy Lynn Teron (Old friend) on: Jul 28, 2012
- In those days we partied alot. Had a lot of fun. Young and carefree days....
- Posted by: Maureen (Moe) Scott (co-worker from the Wpg Inn, many years ago..Always remembered her smile. My prayers are with her an) on: Jul 27, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.