AA larger | smaller
CHRISTIE ANN GAUTHIER
CHRISTIE ANN GAUTHIER It is with heavy hearts and a profound sense of loss that we announce the unexpected passing of our daughter and Mommy' on July 24, 2012, at 37 years of age. Christie grew up mostly in East Kildonan and West Kildonan in Winnipeg, along with two years spent in Pierrefonds, Quebec. She graduated from Kildonan East Collegiate in 1992, with an additional diploma in Graphic Arts. Christie loved art and many walls are adorned with her amazing creations. When Christie was involved in her art work, she was at her happiest. Christie's talent created the greatest gifts for loved ones for anniversaries, weddings, Christmas and birthdays. There were so many Christmases when Christie released her talent to the world by decorating windows throughout Winnipeg. She loved people, and working with the public; from Food Management Systems to customer service at Convergys to management assistance duties with her mother at Avon Canada, to her various duties at European Meats. She felt so great when she helped someone solve a problem. Christie's smile was contagious. She loved to make people happy; she loved to see them smile. Christie had a huge heart and was the rescuer of little lost cats, dogs and people, who benefitted from her warmth and generosity. When there was a friend in need, she was there to help; putting their troubles ahead of her own. She always seemed to be taking care of someone or something, and was often not appreciated enough. Christie valued real friendship and true love. Left to remember Christie's loving hugs, laughter and smiles is her daughter Shaelyn Skye, brother Ryan Gauthier, sister Laura Hastings, sister Mandy (Blaine) Newman, mother Sandy Gauthier-Huyghebaert, stepfather Mitch Huyghebaert, adoptive father Paul Gauthier and birth father John (Nora) Enns. Christie especially loved her Grandpa (Bert) Stevens who will miss her dearly, her Grand-mere (Francine) Gauthier, and her cat Babe . She leaves fond memories to many cousins, aunts, uncles, other extended family and many friends. Christie was predeceased by her special Grandma (Gwen) Stevens in 2008 and her Grand-pere (Florent) Gauthier in 2000. A celebration of Christie's life will be held at Kilcona Park Alliance Church, 1977 Norris Road, Winnipeg, R2G 4C1 (off Hwy. 59 inside the North perimeter) on Monday, July 30, 2012, at 11:00 a.m. Pastor Bruce Adams will be officiating. In lieu of flowers, Christie's memory can be honored with donations made to the children's program at Kilcona Park Alliance Church. 782-3541 www.kilcollinscremationservice.com
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 28, 2012
Guest Book(22 entries)
- WOW....I am so sad to hear this. I was going through my daughter's closet this afternoon and was looking at a burgandy velvet dress that was worn by Christie's daughter. Sandy passed it down to me for my daughter. looking at that dress today I was wondering how Christie was. then was on facebook and recieved a msg from a friend whose sister (Joanne) letting me know of this. beyond heartbroken and sad we lost touch. totally feel speechless. I remember Lance and Mitch picking me up to visit Christie when Shaelyn was born. SHE LOVED AND WAS SO PROUD OF HER DAUGHTER as was the whole family. RIP dear Christie..... you will be missed.xoxo
- Posted by: Morgan Berryman (Smith) (old friend) on: Aug 1, 2013
- well in 3 hours it's going to be Mother's day,and i no for sure Shaelyn is going to have a hard day as will i!!!i'm sending you this message as you are not here, but you are in spirit and memories! please look out for Shaelyn and family on this day of moms!!!!do a dance, send a message to Shaey-Shaey, to help her be comforted!!!she's an awesome blooming child, and in my own way i know she misses you dearly!!!!! send a wink, or a smile down on her tonight!!!!!to maybe help our child!!!!you are proud of her we know that, but just help her through this. Gonna be a tough day!!!! Lance(daddy)
- Posted by: lance barylski (shaelyns daddy!) on: May 11, 2013
- Sandy & Mitch: Our thoughts, hearts and prayers are with you always. We loved Christie and love her still.
- Posted by: Linda, Maurice & Andrew Rymill (Old Friends) on: Nov 14, 2012
- im here and want you to no that our lil girl is doing fine!!! were all so proud of her,and i guess because theres no phone number in heaven this is the only place that i can express my feelings,and was just thinking of you!!!!!xoxoxo
- Posted by: lance barylski (shaelyns daddy) on: Oct 20, 2012
- I'm still kinda in shock, our lil girl is doing great, and as we were looking at some old pics Shaelyn laughed as she was eating cucumbers from the garden we built!! She also asked me is mommy an angel or is she a star. I said both,,look up in the sky and look for the brightest star and when you find that star up in the Skye you will no why Shaelyn Skye Gauthier
- Posted by: lance Barylski (Shaelyns dad) on: Sep 14, 2012
- sweet girl, always had a smile on her face. R.I.P christie<3
- Posted by: MELANIE.K (OLD FRIEND) on: Aug 6, 2012
- I miss you more and more everyday my beautiful sister! There is so much I wish I could have said and done differently. But I know there will be a day when we meet again and until then I will treasure all the wonderful memories that I keep close to my heart! Rest in peace my sweet sister. I love you so very much! Xoxo
- Posted by: Mandy Newman (Sister) on: Aug 5, 2012
- I am very sad to hear that Christie is no longer with us. I will remember Christie as a kind and caring friend.
- Posted by: Shawn (Old Friend) on: Jul 31, 2012
- well ur celebration of life was nice our lil girl tied a note to some balloons im sure by now you got her message,,please look out for SHAELYN,and the rest of us,,you are sadly missed by a lot of loved ones, be at peace and remember when our time is due, we will be dancing in heaven, but please not anytime soon!!! sincerely LANCE BARYLSKI!
- Posted by: LANCE BARYLSKI (SHAELYNS DADDY) on: Jul 31, 2012
- Christie was a great person, great friend and mother. Her smile and laughter was very contagious and could light up any room. She will be greatly missed, and thought of often. My sincere condolences to her daughter and family. RIP christie....
- Posted by: kristi (friend) on: Jul 30, 2012
- I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss. I consider myself very honored to have had the short opportunity to have had my heart touched by Christie.
- Posted by: Kevin Peters (old friend) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Laury & I ache inside for you, Sandy, Mitch, Ryan and Shaelyn! I know that our love for your family is felt in our prayers and talks. I remember when Christie was moving into her house and the happiness and joyous plans that surrounded that day stay fresh in my mind. Our last visit at Mitch's B-day and seeing her laugh made me happy. She will be missed by all that knew her and cared. God Bless and keep you Christie.
- Posted by: Ron Cameron (Friend of Family) on: Jul 30, 2012
- IM GUESSING GOD WAS SHORT ON ANGELS, AND HAD TO TAKE CHRISTIE!!! SOAR WITH THE ANGELS CHRISTIE!!! RIP!!!
- Posted by: lance barylski (father of SHAELYN!!) on: Jul 29, 2012
- Christie, you will be missed by all that you have touched throughout your life.
- Posted by: Mel M (Friend) on: Jul 29, 2012
- Sandy and Mitch, Im so very sorry to hear about Christie. I was in such shock. My heart and my prayers are with you. God bless you and all your family I'm thinking of you all!
- Posted by: Melanie Heiser (Friend of the family) on: Jul 29, 2012
- I am so sad that Christie has passed, my daughter is her daughter's close friend and we saw Christie often as she took the girls swimming, playing at the park, ice cream...you name it. My daughter loved Christie, she found her sense of humour very comforting. I remember her smile and her beauty. I wish I could have known her better. I am so sorry to the entire group of family and friends that have lost their loved one.
- Posted by: Jennifer (friend) on: Jul 29, 2012
- I've always remembered the sleepovers, the camping trips to Rushing River, family dinners, going out to Grandpere's cottage, the trip to Quebec, not to mention the little tiffs that ended as we figured out how to bug/teased our brothers. You were and will always be part of my life, you touched many people. I wish you Rest from all the struggles. May your mom, your brother, your fathers, and especially your beautiful daughter feel your presence, your smile with them everyday forward.
- Posted by: Michelle Lavergne (Cousin) on: Jul 29, 2012
- I never had a chance to meet you on earth, but someday I'll see you in heaven..... My condolences John & Sandi
- Posted by: Angela (cousin (John's niece)) on: Jul 29, 2012
- A great person....will be sadly missed.
- Posted by: Bobbijo smith (Friend) on: Jul 28, 2012
- I knew Christie way back when. Christie was a wonderful girl who loved to smile and laugh. It is hard to belive that she is gone and to leave behind a daughter. But she leaves her daughter in the best care she could've hoped for. Christie now has angel wings and will always watch over her little girl, and for this her daughter will always remember her mommy. Be with Christ Christie.
Sherryl Peters and
- Posted by: Sherryl Peters (friend through my brother Kevin Peters) on: Jul 28, 2012
- Sorry to hear about Christie. My heart go out to you Sandie & Mitch. You are in my prays and thinking about you both alot.
- Posted by: Sherry Bednarek (friend(avon)) on: Jul 28, 2012
- My heart is filled with sadness for Sandy, Mitch and Shaelyn.
- Posted by: Charity (Friend of family) on: Jul 28, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.