AA larger | smaller
LUIGI CONIA June 13, 1923 - July 25, 2012 It is with extreme sorrow that we announce the passing of our Papa and Nonno. He peacefully passed away, with his family by his side, on Wednesday, July 25, 2012, at the age of 89. He will be lovingly remembered by his devoted and beloved wife, Vincenzina, of 49 years; his children, Michele (Rocchina), Raffaele (Becky); grandchildren Vincenzina and Luigi; a vast host of family in Canada, Italy and in South America. Luigi was born in Plaesano, Reggio Calabria, Italy and came to Canada in 1964. He was a fine tailor by profession and had an unsurpassed zest for life. He always enjoyed the company of family and friends. He loved to laugh and share stories of his life especially of his 12 year stay in Argentina. He truly relished his grandchildren and looked forward to their daily visits. They were his ultimate pride and joy. A very special thank you to all the medical professionals and health care providers that touched our father's life during his courageous battle with cancer. They each provided such great care and attention to him. Prayers will be held on Tuesday, July 31 at 7:30 p.m. at the Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church, 510 River Avenue. Mass of the Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, August 1, at 10:00 a.m., at the Holy Rosary Church with Rev. Fr. Sam Argenziano presiding. Entombment will follow at the Waverly Memorial Gardens. Expressions of condolence may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Sarai Nei Nostri Cuori per Sempre. Riposa in Pace Papa. Ti Amo per Sempre. NEIL BARDAL FUNERAL CENTRE (204) 949-2200 www.nbardal.mb.ca
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 28, 2012
Guest Book(17 entries)
- Caro Papa, un anno può del passato, ma non un solo giorno o momento passa che non pensiamo a voi. Ci manchi più di quanto le parole possano dire. Sei sempre nei nostri cuori e le nostre preghiere. Vi vogliamo bene. Ti amo Nonno! Ralph, Becky & Luigi Conia
- Posted by: Ralph, Becky & Luigi Conia (Family) on: Jul 25, 2013
- Caro nonno, ti penso molto e mancherai caro. Si farà sempre parte della mia vita e so che starà a guardare su di me per sempre. Sono così felice i momenti speciali che avevamo condiviso insieme. I tempi di divertimento a casa tua, andare insieme a vedere la spettacoli automobili dall'altra parte della strada e giocare fuori insieme. Sono ricordi che mi amare per sempre. Buonanotte. Mantenere forte. Ti amo.
- Posted by: Luigi Vittorio Conia (Grandson) on: Aug 25, 2012
- Ralph and family,
I was saddened to hear about your loss. He will live on in your hearts and memories.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this difficult time.
- Posted by: Linda Haig (Friend and Colleague of Ralph) on: Aug 7, 2012
- "Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow"
Our sincere condolences on the passing of your loved one.
- Posted by: Cinzia Montesanti and family on: Aug 3, 2012
- Our deepest condolences to his wife, children and family. May you find peace and comfort knowing he is in God's loving hands, looking down on his family. May you always remember the good times together.
- Posted by: Mario & Cathy Di Nella (Family Friends) on: Aug 1, 2012
- My condolences to the Conia family upon the passing of their beloved Patricarh. Mr. Conia helped me in a time in my life when I desperately needed it without compensation which, at the time, I could not afford. I will always remember his warm, genuine smile. R.I.P. Mr. Conia
- Posted by: Steve Channing (Family friend) on: Aug 1, 2012
- Dear Ralph and Family
We were deeply saddened by the death of your father.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
With sincere condolences, Artibano and Josie Lucidi
- Posted by: Artibano and Josie Lucidi (friend) on: Aug 1, 2012
- My deepest condolences on the loss of your father. It is a time in ones life to reflect on all the wonderful memories you shared with him. He will be sadly missed by all that knew him. Our prayers are with you in this time of sadness
Pam & Mike
- Posted by: Mike Colatruglio (Friend of the family) on: Jul 31, 2012
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families, God Bless.
- Posted by: Frank ,Aylin and Eros Ferlaino (Friends) on: Jul 31, 2012
- Our sincerest condolences to the Conia Family as you grieve the loss of your dear husband, father, grandfather and special friend. May you be comforted by love and caring from your friends and family during this sad and difficult time. Luigi Conia was an elegant, sophisicated, gentle and loving man who will be deeply missed.
- Posted by: Tony & Alfie Imbrogno and Family (Dear Friends) on: Jul 31, 2012
- My sincere condolence on the passing of your loved one.
- Posted by: Grace Provenza (Friend) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Our heartfelt condolences on the loss of your loved one
- Posted by: Francesca & Saverio Bruni and family (friends) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family Ralph during this difficult time. Big Hugs!
- Posted by: Susan Benesch and Family (Friend and Colleague of Ralph) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Our deepest Condolences to his devoted wife Vincenzina, sons Mike &(Rocchina, Raffaele &(Becky) and to his grandchildren Vincenzina & Luigi who were the joy of his life, he enjoyed every moment with them. He would always tell us how smart his grandchildren were and how proud he was. He was a good man and well respected by all you knew him. He will be truly missed.
- Posted by: Rosa & Rosario Ferlaino (Family Friends) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Mr. Conia was a very lovely man both to us and our infant children at the time. He always had a brilliant smile and a warm character. He raised a beautiful family with his wonderful wife who was equally warm and loving. We will cherish his memory from a distance as we reside in British Columbia and regretfully cannot attend the services. Our prayers are with Mr. Conia and his family.
- Posted by: Chuck and Kelli Partridge (Friend of Family) on: Jul 28, 2012
- We are deeply saddened by the passing of such a wonderful man & dear family friend. His infectious smile will never be forgotten.
- Posted by: Carm & John Dignazio (Friends) on: Jul 28, 2012
- It is with great sadness that I write this note remembering a great man that has had a profound influence on how I interact with people. Mr. Conia to me is class personified. To use a much misused phrase, Mr. Conia was definatley cut from premium cloth. Though I have been friends with his sons since my teenage years, I have known him for the same 30 plus years. He was always be ready to have a lengthy conversation with me reagrdless where we were and what his plans might have been. Always respectful of my opinions and dignified with his responses (no matter how out of whack my opinions were). What I remember most about our friendship is that for 30 years and no matter how often I offered, he not once allowed me to pay for coffee. If you know his sons, you have a glimpse of how classy Mr. Conia is. My deepest condolences to Mrs. Conia, Mike, Ralph and their families.
- Posted by: Romeo Di Girolamo (Family friend) on: Jul 28, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.