AA larger | smaller
CONCEICAO (CONNIE) BERGANTIM Sadly on July 26, 2012, with her family by her side, Conceicao passed away at Seven Oaks Hospital at the age of 70 years. She was predeceased by her parents Candido Barbosa Pereira and Antonia Vieira Barros, her brother Bernardinho, sister Balceminha and her eldest son, Jorge Bergantim. Conceicao leaves to mourn her husband of 48 years Manuel Bergantim; sons Carlos (Maria) and Sergio (Cheryl); grandchildren Angela, Abby, Kyle, Enza and Donna; sisters and brothers in Portugal and Brazil; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. Conceicao was born in Soutelo, Viera do Minho, Portugal. She immigrated to Canada in 1969 to start a new life with her husband and children. She worked at S S Sportswear before graduating from Pollock Beauty School. Conceicao had her own Beauty Salon from 1984 to 1999 when she closed it to help raise her grandchildren. In 2000, Conceicao and her husband opened their hearts and home to care for a number of foster children in care of CFS until they retired in 2008. Conceicao enjoyed summers at the Portuguese Park with her husband welcoming family and friends. She had a passion for cooking and there was always an open seat at the table for anyone visiting. She was a devoted wife, mother and an exceptionally loving grandmother. Prayers will be said on Tuesday, July 31 at 8:00 p.m. at Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church, 181 Austin Street North. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, August 1 at 9:00 a.m. also at the Church. Interment to follow in Assumption Cemetery. My Mother.......... May you always walk in sunshine And God's love around you flow, For all the happiness you gave us No one will ever know. It broke our hearts to lose you But you did not go alone, Mom, part of us went with you The day God called you home. Your thoughts were so full of us You never could forget, And so we think that where you are You must be watching yet. As Angels keep their watch up there Please God just let Mom know, That we down here will not forget We love and miss her so. If we could have one lifetime wish One dream that could come true, We would wish with all our hearts For yesterday and you. Lord if there are roses in Heaven Pick a bunch with care, Place them in both her arms And tell her we still care. 204-586-8044
Publish Date: Jul 30, 2012
CONCEICAO (CONNIE) BERGANTIM Peacefully on Thursday, July 26, 2012, Conceicao passed away at Seven Oaks Hospital at the age of 70 years. Longer obituary to follow. 586-8044
Publish Date: Jul 28, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on July 30, 2012
Guest Book(12 entries)
- Carlos...Sending our deepiest condolences to you and your family on the passing of your mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. May God help you and give you strength during this time and always remember the memories.
- Posted by: Roberto ,Estrela, Michael & Selina Speranza----------Jose & Armenia Pereira (Family Friends) on: Jul 31, 2012
- I remember years ago at the park... when we used to spend countless hours eating and dancing the night away to ABBA, thank you so much for all the great fun we got to share together. My only regret is that she didn't get to meet my daughter, the newest abba fan thanks to her :) My heart goes out to all the family and friends of Connie she will truly be missed.
- Posted by: Monica (friend ) on: Jul 30, 2012
- I will miss my neighbor at the park, her visits her stories.
My condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Trindade da Costa (Friend) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Sr Manuel, Carlos, Sergio and family,
We are very saddened to hear of Saozinha's passing. Someone so special can never be forgotten, our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal
- Posted by: Lizette, Idelta and Louis Tavares (friends) on: Jul 30, 2012
- The Portuguese park will not be the same without you, our prayers and thoughts are with the family, may the memories of her help you through this very hard time.
- Posted by: Lucy & Carlos Camara (Friends) on: Jul 30, 2012
- I am sorry to hear about the passing of your mother, Carlos. We will miss her passing down our road, in the van, at the Portuguese Park. May the memories of her help you through this hard time. Her love will always live on in your heart. Lindolfo and Dianne
- Posted by: Lindolfo Medeiros (Friend of Carlos and Maria) on: Jul 30, 2012
- with sympathy to Sr Manuel and Carlos and grand kids.
She will be missed very much and we will miss her at the camp ground
- Posted by: luis aguiar (friend) on: Jul 30, 2012
- Very close Friends
- Posted by: Fernanda C. Santos ( friend) on: Jul 30, 2012
- We are so sad to hear the passing of one of our dearest friends. May God help the family deal with the passing of our friend our prayers and thoughts are with the family and we will miss our friend the weekends will never be the same
- Posted by: Pedro Helena Adriano (Friend) on: Jul 30, 2012
- I will always miss her sunny smile and her laughter at the park.
- Posted by: Rosa da Costa (friend ) on: Jul 30, 2012
- With sympathy to Cheryl on the loss of your mother-in-law.
- Posted by: Jan Christianson-Wood (CFS) on: Jul 30, 2012
- We would like to express our heartfelt condolences to all of Saozinha's family! I met Saozinha at a family gathering, she was very jovial, happy and fun to be with. She than got me a summer job at the factory where she worked. It was a pleasure working alongside Saozinha. She took me under her wing, and showed me the ropes. I will always remember her smile, kindness, and her zest for life. Thank you Saozinha, for all your kindness! Today we rejoice, and thank God for giving us the chance to have you in our lives. R.I.P. Grace and Viriato Nogueira
- Posted by: Grace & Viriato Nogueira (Friends) on: Jul 29, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.