AA larger | smaller
GRAHAM NEVILLE TURNER Funeral Liturgy was Celebrated on Tuesday, August 7, 2012, at 10:30 a.m. in St. John Brebeuf Roman Catholic Church, 1707 John Brebeuf Place, with Rev. Fr. Mark Tarrant presiding.
Publish Date: Aug 11, 2012
GRAHAM NEVILLE TURNER March 28, 1937 - July 31, 2012 Graham died suddenly, but peacefully, at home on the morning of Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at the age of 75 years. He leaves behind Ann, his wife of 53 years; beloved twin brother Desmond; sons Damian, Paul and James; daughters Melody and Joanna, and grandson Max. It is impossible to sum up the whole of Graham's life and nature in a few words. He was born in and spent the early part of his life in South Africa, a country he loved. He and Ann came to Canada in their 20s and it soon became home. One of Graham's greatest natural gifts was his way with people. He was a gracious gentleman. His genuine care for others and uncanny ability to relate to them allowed him to touch many lives. He was actively involved at St. John Brebeuf Parish and he quietly excelled in his decades of work in the city's automotive business. Graham loved to read. He was mad for virtually all sports and craved good food. Most of all he loved being around his family. Funeral Liturgy will be Celebrated on Tuesday, August 7, 2012, at 10:30 a.m. in St. John Brebeuf Roman Catholic Church, 1707 John Brebeuf Place, with Rev. Fr. Mark Tarrant presiding. Sincere thanks to all who have offered support and condolences, with a special nod to Father Mark Tarrant for his kindness. Donations can be made in Graham's memory to Zulu Missions (zulumissions.com) or Winnipeg's Siloam Mission. A generous, kind, hard-working and loving man of integrity is with God now. We'll never forget him.
Publish Date: Aug 4, 2012
GRAHAM NEVILLE TURNER On Tuesday, July 31, 2012, Graham passed away at the age of 75 years. Funeral Liturgy will be Celebrated on Tuesday, August 7, 2012, at 10:30 a.m. in St. John Brebeuf Roman Catholic Cemetery, 1707 John Brebeuf Place, with Rev. Fr. Mark Tarrant presiding. A longer obituary notice will follow in Saturday's newspaper edition.
Publish Date: Aug 2, 2012
GRAHAM NEVILLE TURNER On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 Graham passed away at the age of 75 years. A longer obituary notice will follow.
Publish Date: Aug 1, 2012
Publish Date: Aug 2, 2012
Publish Date: Aug 4, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 11, 2012
Guest Book(13 entries)
- Dear Ann, Peter and I have just heard about Graham and are deeply saddened for your loss.
Graham was a kind soul and forever a true gentleman and we feel blessed to have known him. We will miss him greatly and will always remember him fondly as many others whose lives he has touched will.
Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
- Posted by: Kathy and Peter Slezak (Friend) on: Aug 15, 2012
- Dear Ann...our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...with fond memories and warmest regards, marlene + vic
- Posted by: vic janzen (friend) on: Aug 13, 2012
- I had the pleasure of meeting Graham while at Birchwood. He always had a smile and left us girls giggling. A wonderful person.
- Posted by: Karen (Co-Worker) on: Aug 7, 2012
- Ann and Family...Accept our sincere thoughts and prayers. Graham was a true gentle man...in all sense. Hold dear all the happy memories, it does help east the pain.
- Posted by: Edmund and Mary Coughlin (Friend) on: Aug 5, 2012
- Dear Anne and Family:
I was so privileged to work with Graham at Birchwood Shuttle. I really enjoyed Graham's friendship as well as his professional approach to his work. Graham set the bar very high for all of us and was a great man to work with. We shall all miss him and extend our sincere condolences to you and your family. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
- Posted by: Gord Williams (colleague) on: Aug 4, 2012
- I had the honour of knowing Graham while he worked at the Birchwood Automotive group. Graham was a great fellow and a gentleman. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
- Posted by: Ted Debrowski (Co-worker) on: Aug 4, 2012
- Anne and Family,
We are so sorry to hear of Graham's passing. The loss of such a great person is difficult to accept. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Our sincere condolences.
- Posted by: Lynn and Duane Nieman on: Aug 4, 2012
- Graham was a inspiration to anyone who knew him. He was also one of the most classy individuals in the Automobile industry.
My thoughts and prayers for Graham's family.
- Posted by: Gerald Boiteau (Friend) on: Aug 4, 2012
- Anne, we are very sorry to hear about Graham's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
- Posted by: Monty, Marina and Megan Ferguson (Friends) on: Aug 3, 2012
- We were deeply saddened to hear the news about Graham. We will always remember him for his honesty, integriy, kindness and love for people, in short, a gentleman and a role model for each of us. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Turner family at this difficult time.
- Posted by: Alan & Elvera Holmes on: Aug 3, 2012
- Mrs. Turner, I am so sorry to learn of the passing of Mr. Turner. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this very sad time. Shona Connelly
- Posted by: Shona Connelly on: Aug 2, 2012
- Graham was one of those very special individuals. His kindness, caring and true friendship was ever present with all of us who knew and loved him. Graham set an example of what it meant to be a gentleman. We will miss him always. Our hearts go out to the entire Turner clan.
- Posted by: Jon and Janice Botterill (Friends) on: Aug 2, 2012
- I was truly saddened to hear of Mr. Turner's passing. He was a gentleman in every sense of the word and will be missed. My condolences to Mrs. Turner, Damien, Paul and James.
- Posted by: Madeleine Frost on: Aug 2, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.