AA larger | smaller
MAUREEN LYNN JACQUES (nee ROBITAILLE) Peacefully on the morning of Wednesday, August 1, 2012, with her family by her side, Maureen quietly passed away after a lengthy and courageous battle with cancer. Maureen is lovingly remembered by her husband Doug, her children Paul (Marnie), Krystal (Matt) and Kyle. She will also be deeply missed by her mother Aimee, brothers Larry (Lise) and John (Mel), sister Cheryl (Darrell), her extended families, the Jacques and the Vielfaures and many nieces and nephews. Maureen was predeceased by her father John and brother Brian. Maureen was a fan of the Blue Bombers, the Jets and many other sports but her favorite teams were the ones that her children were on. Whether it was Paul in hockey, Krystal in bowling and soccer or Kyle bowling and playing baseball she was always very proud of them. She was so proud of the career paths they have all chosen and will excel at. Maureen loved her home and yard, she couldn't wait for spring so the flowers could go in but most importantly her vegetable garden - there is nothing like fresh tomato sandwiches, she always said. Although her strength didn't allow it, she was able to direct Doug and Krystal how to plant the garden, which will continue to grow in her memory. Maureen was a tireless volunteer at Champlain Community Club for many years, a place where she poured her heart and soul into, making sure it was open and safe for the children in the neighborhood. She was elated with the fact some kids told her You make the best hockey ice around. Prior to her illness she worked at Holy Cross School, it was here that she made many wonderful friends with her co-workers and students. Maureen was loved by all and will be sorely missed. The family wishes to thank Maureen's CancerCare team Dr. G Schroeder, Dr. M Pitz and Kim Paradoski R.N. We also want to thank the palliative home nursing team that helped make it possible for Maureen to stay at home with us until July 31, 2012. In keeping with Maureen's wishes, cremation has taken place and a memorial service celebrating her life will be held on Tuesday, August 7, 2012, at 11:00 a.m., in Holy Cross Church, 252 Dubuc Street with a reception to follow in the Champlain Community Club, 282 Niverville Avenue. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Maureen's memory to CancerCare Manitoba Foundation, 675 McDermot Avenue, Room ON1160, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0V9. The Coutu Family in care of arrangements: E.J. COUTU CO. FUNERAL DIRECTORS 680 Archibald Street 204-253-5086 ejcoutu.com
Publish Date: Aug 4, 2012
MAUREEN LYNN JACQUES (nee ROBITAILLE) It is with great sadness the family announces the passing of Maureen Jacques on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at the St. Boniface Hospital. In keeping with Maureen's wishes, cremation has taken place and a memorial service celebrating her life will be held on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. in Holy Cross Church, 252 Dubuc Street. A longer obituary will follow in Saturday's edition. The Coutu Family in care of arrangements: E.J. COUTU CO. FUNERAL DIRECTORS 680 Archibald Street 204-253-5086 ejcoutu.com
Publish Date: Aug 3, 2012
As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on August 04, 2012
Guest Book(16 entries)
- I did not know Maureen...but I do know Doug. From that reference alone, I know Maureen must have had a great sense of humour. Her smile tells it all...and when she pops into your head...which she'll do often... you'll smile right back. My love to Doug and all the family. Doreen
- Posted by: Doreen Collins (nee Whitehill) (Doug's cousin) on: Aug 14, 2012
- We were so very sorry to hear about Maureen, our love and thoughts are with you all...our sincere condolences.
With Love Bob & Donna
- Posted by: Bob & Donna Matthews (friend) on: Aug 12, 2012
- We danced together at Archwood Community Club (Ken Peter Dance Studio) one year. I am sorry for the family's loss.
- Posted by: Laurie (LaRue) Lyss (danced together) on: Aug 12, 2012
- Maureen was more than just a great sister, she was a great friend, always encouraging and supportive. Our family was blessed to have had her among us, and we will never forget her. We love you Maureen!
- Posted by: Frank & Nadine Jacques (Brother In-Law and Sister In-Law) on: Aug 8, 2012
- My condolences to Doug and families. I only realized when I saw food trays going into the home on Tuesday. I would have been at the funeral. It is hard to believe such a positive, upbeat person has lost her battle. Take peace in knowing that she is at rest and no longer suffering. My prayers are with all of you.
- Posted by: Diane Bourbonnais (Neighbour) on: Aug 8, 2012
- Many happy memories of Maureen at Champlain. My condolences to Doug, Kyle and family. Rest in Peace Maureen.
- Posted by: Joanne Kolt (Community friend)) on: Aug 7, 2012
- My condolences Doug, Kyle and family. I will remember Maureen always so friendly and cheerful at Champlain and on the sidelines at the ball diamond. She was truly a treasure.
- Posted by: Barb Nault (Community/Neighbour) on: Aug 7, 2012
- My deepest condolences go out to Maureen's family. Maureen was such a beautiful person inside and out. I will miss her and her great sense of humour.
- Posted by: Kirsten Neil (Cousin) on: Aug 6, 2012
- There are so many wonderful memories of great times spent with Maureen & The Robitaille Family and every time I think of Maureen & those times my memories are illuminated by her beautiful smile & contagious laugh. I can only imagine the brightness she will create during this next journey. Peace, Love & Much Aloha be with her.
- Posted by: Jamie Sobering (Friend) on: Aug 6, 2012
- We were so sorry to hear of Maureen's passing. We are thinking of you all right now.
- Posted by: Sherri Kinast (Gerald) (Cousin) on: Aug 5, 2012
- Maureen was a sister from the day we met. Always cheerful and always ready for a cup of coffee, Maureen would answer any request with a positive "No Problem!" Upbeat and ready to enjoy the moment, Maureen was a pleasure to be with and talk to. Hour long phone calls were normal. I am going to miss her very much. The entire Jacques family will.
- Posted by: Judy Thomas (Sister-in-law) on: Aug 5, 2012
- My condolences to the family.
- Posted by: Gisele Gottfried (Fortier) (friend) on: Aug 4, 2012
- What a kind and wonderful lady Maureen was. I met her at CCMB about 5 years ago when I used to work with Dr. Schroeder and Kim. I have thought about her many times over the past few years. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends with this great loss. Rest in peace Maureen!
- Posted by: Allison Moman on: Aug 4, 2012
- Doug and Family;
We send you our love, our thoughts,and our prayers. We wish you strength and courage. Take care of yourselves.
Dave and Jackie
- Posted by: Dave and Jackie Whitehill (Cousins) on: Aug 3, 2012
- I cannot say enough about my cousin Maureen as she was such a wonderful person who always gave so much of herself to others. Life is Precious and Maureen did live each day to the fullest...kisses to all she left behind from cousin Colleen, Hans & family
- Posted by: Colleen Mohr (Cousin) on: Aug 3, 2012
- Maureen, Cheryl, Mrs. Robitaille, myself and my mom Delina Smith would go to Bingo every Thursday night at the Holy Cross Gym. This is a memory I will always cherish.
My condolences to the family and kids.
- Posted by: Shelley Smith (Friend/High School Classmate) on: Aug 3, 2012
Share your memories and/or express your condolences below. Fields marked with a * are required. All others are optional.
Tributes will be moderated for inappropriate content before displaying on the passage and may take up to 24 hours to appear.